• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
19 posts away from my big 10k posts party.

PreacherBirthday02.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aww man, you shoulda gon for Secret Invasion instead :/

Original SinSSSSS is the least wordt thing about that event btw.

Actually Original Sin is just "in the way" of me catching up to current issues on MU, I didn't seek it out like the other events I read. Same with Axis when I get there.

My next big ass event, whenever I decided to do another (I need to be in a particular mood to tackle these 100+ issue events) is going to be House of M I think.

But for now I'm way into reading multiple recent things again, and catching up as much as possible.

Its hard to not avatar post Tyrant for pretty much everything.
This is what happens when I try to stick to an avatar :(
I think Booster Gold is the best book I've read this week. And thus far the only good thing to come out of Convergence. Read it, then went back and read the Futures End Booster Gold, and re-read Convergence Booster right after. It's neat seeing all the hooks laid in there.

Have you read Shazam? It was great.

JEKKI

I jus read Batman #40.

I dont get it... what happened at the end? what is that thing?

-EDIT-

ahh nvm, I read back a few pages lol

So comicGAF historians. Who has the definitive Justice league run?

For me it's Morrison but I don't hear it mentioned much these days. We're there any super great run in the 80s or earlier.

I thought maybe Giffen and Demattis but that always felt like some odd tangent series and not the iconic super group

Morrison but I like Tornado's Path and that league up until it was like just Canary leading a bunch of c-listers. I liked JSA as a team more than Morrison's league. JSA felt way more cohesive, having Batman quit the team and rejoin like 3 issues later was... blegh.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Whoa. I was curious about how many posts I had and when I checked just now I was at EXACTLY 1500.

Edit: Just kidding. I was going about that all wrong. I have 3,877 posts.

I think I liked Age of Ultron more than the first movie. There was way more funny shit this time around.
Even Ultron was a funny motherfucker

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, In this GotG issue Flash (aka Venom) just said "whoa my Avengers team?" When he sees Hawkeye, Beast, Captain Britain, Black widow and Valkyrie... what Avengers book was THAT? :eek:

Rhaknar

Ah I've only read the current Secret Avengers.

By the way, I hate when comics do this:

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_3_15.jpg

Captain Marvel isn't in the book AT ALL. Not even mentioned let alone seen.

Just popped in to say that the Marvel Unlimited app SUUUUUUCKS. SO. BAD.

You learn to work around all the little bugs it has. For example, I always load a comic, back out and load it again, because 9 times out of 10 that first load only shows the first 3 pages. I can only assume its a bug where it's loading the version for non-members (you can read the first 3 pages for free). Other little things like if it's taking too long to load something, like deleting a issue from your library, its provably wigged out so I don't even wait, I just back out and do it again. All those little things drove me nuts in the first few months

Ah I've only read the current Secret Avengers.

By the way, I hate when comics do this:

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_3_15.jpg

Captain Marvel isn't in the book AT ALL. Not even mentioned let alone seen.

Comic Lawyer: Well, technically sir, it simply states: "And now Captain Marvel". It does not state "And now Captain Marvel... in this issue". ;)

Boogiepop

I think I liked Age of Ultron more than the first movie. There was way more funny shit this time around.

Just got back from it (double showing) myself, and yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Not a perfect movie, but a fun one with plenty of flash. Maybe I'll have more coherent/thorough thoughts tomorrow, but for now I'm tired and need to wake up early, so off to bed for now.

But the big question I need to ask is
how exactly does the ending of IM3 reconcile with this in the slightest. They just really don't work together at all.

how exactly does the ending of IM3 reconcile with this in the slightest. They just really don't work together at all.

Best to simply
forget that either of the Iron Man sequels even exist. They were both piles of shit. Granted, IM2 was the smaller pile of shit, but still.

Squire

Banned
everyone keeps talking about Loki, it's high on my MU-to-read list, but i did buy #1 in print and it wasn't anything special. I'm' going to assume it's a Deadpool situation where it just got a poor start.

It came off the back of Young Avengers and Journey Into Mystery before that, both runs written by the same author. I've only read YA myself, but yeah, Kid Loki is pretty great.

Bii

Yo fuck this how-old.net website. I'm 25 years old and this thing keeps telling me that I'm in my late 30s. My age kept going up ever pic I took.
I grabbed a pic from ages ago too when I was like 20 and it said I looked 40

I used the pic of myself and Cheska. Says I'm 24. Yay, I don't feel so old!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yo fuck this how-old.net website. I'm 25 years old and this thing keeps telling me that I'm in my late 30s. My age kept going up ever pic I took.
I grabbed a pic from ages ago too when I was like 20 and it said I looked 40

I'm 25 and the thing said I look 37, I almost cried. I don't look that old!

arkon

Whoa. I was curious about how many posts I had and when I checked just now I was at EXACTLY 1500.

Edit: Just kidding. I was going about that all wrong. I have 3,877 posts.

I noticed you say Haha a lot. You must be very happy. How many of those posts contain that?

Probably one of my biggest gripes with New 52. That this pairing wasn't at all considered.
Wonder-Woman-Puts-The-Moves-On-Batman-In-The-Little-Piggy-Justice-League-Episode.gif

Just got back from it (double showing) myself, and yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Not a perfect movie, but a fun one with plenty of flash. Maybe I'll have more coherent/thorough thoughts tomorrow, but for now I'm tired and need to wake up early, so off to bed for now.

Best to simply
forget that either of the Iron Man sequels even exist. They were both piles of shit. Granted, IM2 was the smaller pile of shit, but still.
I really liked it. I also felt it was better than the first, but yet something was...missing. I can't explain it, though. I was rather tired when I saw it, so that probably has something to do with it.

Squire

Banned
Is Fraction's Hawkguy still good right now? I stopped reading after volume 2 and i heard mixed things about the following issues...

The delays are frustrating, but Hawkeye is fantastic through and through. If you liked it up to Vol. 2 I can't see why you'd be disappointed with what follows that. The concept issues are incredible and Kate has some solo adventures that are super fun.

There's a reason folks are desperate for the finale.

Squire

Banned
This Young Avengers talk yesterday makes me sad because the prize for the trades exploded.... :/

Gillen tweeted a pick of the omnibus for it last week or so. I'd want that, if anything. It's that good, I think. I have the trades digitally on CMX as I didn't have MU then.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So Daredevil is now Netflix most successful Original Show of all time? I love Marvel Live Action Stuff, but this is getting scary und maybe and maybe a little bit unhealthy, too...

Zombine

Banned
I used the pic of myself and Cheska. Says I'm 24. Yay, I don't feel so old!

There's a science behind it. No weird angles and really good lighting are needed for it to judge your face accurately. After I took a shower and shaved I took 3 in the bathroom and it said I was 25, 20, 22. Which is typically what most people say. Younger 20 year olds think I'm their age and they freak out when I tell them I'm 25.

Are the following Image books any good?

Wayward
Copperhead
Supreme Blue Rose

I've been browsing for quality books to read and those caught my eye

Zombine

Banned

Wayward
Copperhead
Supreme Blue Rose

Someone is going to say yes, but I'm here to tell you no.

Wayward- Neat idea, but the book is highly forgettable.

Copperhead- Has it's moments, but the book is kind of crap.

Supreme Blue Rose- Sometimes a book is obtuse for no good reason. It's gorgeous to look at, but the story is a dud.

Messi

Wayward
Copperhead
Supreme Blue Rose

First two are middling in quality. Supreme has lovely art but I couldn't understand a god damn thing that was going on.

I liked Copperhead most but it's not saying much.

Whoa this look great.

Damn good choice.

Thanks guys. I am really happy I got the one I wanted.

Top Bottom