• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

ElNarez

Banned
I wanna believe it's entirely intentional that Hawkeye's first scene in AoU is him getting beat up by some guy in a tracksuit

damn too bad. So what are some really good underrated Image books? Aside from the high profile stuff like Saga, Walking Dead, and Invincible.

damn too bad. So what are some really good underrated Image books? Aside from the high profile stuff like Saga, Walking Dead, and Invincible.

Velvet,, amazing art,, a female Bond.. James Bond

Deadly Class,, one of my most satisfying books I get. (All the Remender books have been good)

The Humans,, I really love this book. Just really fun and a great vibe to it.

----------

You need to check out Fear Agent if you haven't already. Sounds like it's perfect for you.
One of my all time favorite collections (library ed is the way to go)
I got #1 signed by Remender and Moore :)

Messi

Velvet,, amazing art,, a female Bond.. James Bond

Deadly Class,, one of my most satisfying books I get. (All the Remender books have been good)

The Humans,, I really love this book. Just really fun and a great vibe to it.

----------

One of my all time favorite collections (library ed is the way to go)
I got #1 signed by Remender and Moore :)

Velvet and Deadly Class are 2 of my favorite books. Truly amazing each month.

There's a science behind it. No weird angles and really good lighting are needed for it to judge your face accurately. After I took a shower and shaved I took 3 in the bathroom and it said I was 25, 20, 22. Which is typically what most people say. Younger 20 year olds think I'm their age and they freak out when I tell them I'm 25.

25->36, though I'll be 26 in a few weeks.

I have a beard in that picture though, could be affecting it.

I am already dead where it matters though ;_;.

Time to go full on Frank Miller. Fuck everything.

Zombine

Banned
25->36, though I'll be 26 in a few weeks.

I have a beard in that picture though, could be affecting it.

Facial hair absolutely has something to do with it. The app also seems to dislike the whole square jaw/chiseled chin look. The app thinks Chin=30+

Because I have today off, I'm determined to fix my shelves. I'm having space issued and its due to my larger books taking up too much space.

Tizoc

Soooooooooo apparently Mark Waid blocked me from twitter?
I only retweeted to say AoU 2 was fun but that the first movie was better lol.

Not that I'm mad but man

Daredevil #15
ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME WAID!

Justice League #40
Did they just up and ignore Final Crisis?

Superman #40
Seriously Romita? THAT'S how she goes about finding it out?

Multiversity #2
Man just when you thought it was over...it leaves more to want.

Transformers MTMTE #40
Beautiful. Just beautiful, loved every moment of it and the finale was great.
Was wondering what the whole thing with Ratchet at the start was and by the end it made sense and it made the issue all the more better.

Soooooooooo apparently Mark Waid blocked me from twitter?
I only retweeted to say AoU 2 was fun but that the first movie was better lol.

Not that I'm mad but man

Daredevil #15
ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME WAID!

Justice League #40
Did they just up and ignore Final Crisis?

Superman #40
Seriously Romita? THAT'S how she goes about finding it out?

Multiversity #2
Man just when you thought it was over...it leaves more to want.

Transformers MTMTE #40
Beautiful. Just beautiful, loved every moment of it and the finale was great.
Was wondering what the whole thing with Ratchet at the start was and by the end it made sense and it made the issue all the more better.

Comic creators are not taking any negativity these days. Mr Rob Liefeld blocked me and called me a whiner for simply saying that DC did not ship it's 3 biggest titles in March when he posted that Marvel is dominating using Marchs sales data.

Dunbar

I just read that big Buzzfeed summary about Secret Wars and it made me laugh because I read that entire AV/NA run and I didn't understand 1% of what the summary told me in 5 minutes. I shouldn't have even bothered.

I'm working through this weeks Convergence titles, I have to say the improvement in art overall from week 1 to week 4 is massive. Most of the Week 1 and 2 titles felt like they were drawn in 2 days and just slapped together, week 3 saw an improvement and week 4 an improvement on that. The writing and everything else seems better too. The Booster Gold issue was fun, and its interesting to see all of the Booster Gold threads coming together finally.

Owzers

I read two and a half trades of Star Wars Legacy yesterday, that's a lot of comics for me. Also the Spurs lost :/ But back to Star Wars, I'm seeing some flaws creep in through the reread, namely with Cade's characterization and frequent rehashes of his grumpiness and some panels that have really poor angles to the action, lots of awkward posing instead of fluid battles. I'm close to where i left off last time, volume 4, so i'll finally get to read some new star wars legacy instead of just the refresher course.

Boogiepop

So, Avengers Double Feature got me thinking: are there any great Iron Man runs? Don't really ever hear any talk about anything for the character, except maybe Armor Wars and Demon in a Bottle.

And THIS is AoU spoilers, but
I really liked the Hulkbuster fight. It actually showed a really creative Iron Man who was using a ton of different approaches (capture, trying to move Hulk elsewhere, gassing, even the on-the-fly part replacement) in addition to the brute force. I really liked the idea of a creative and inventive Iron Man.

For the sake of parity, DC is not the only one not paying its creators for their creations.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/age-ultron-creator-roy-thomas-791320

I think this is something that you'll find across both Marvel and DC.

What makes Conway's case different is that DC used to compensate him and other creators. Now they say that Power Girl, Jason Todd, etc. are just derivative characters so they don't get paid anymore. Kind of fucked up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, Avengers Double Feature got me thinking: are there any great Iron Man runs? Don't really ever hear any talk about anything for the character, except maybe Armor Wars and Demon in a Bottle.

I really liked the Hulkbuster fight. It actually showed a really creative Iron Man who was using a ton of different approaches (capture, trying to move Hulk elsewhere, gassing, even the on-the-fly part replacement) in addition to the brute force. I really liked the idea of a creative and inventive Iron Man.
Read Matt Fractions Iron Man.

I think this is something that you'll find across both Marvel and DC.

What makes Conway's case different is that DC used to compensate him and other creators. Now they say that Power Girl, Jason Todd, etc. are just derivative characters so they don't get paid anymore. Kind of fucked up.

Yeah, but it really comes down to why cant companies that take in millions of dollars afford to pay their creators?

Extremis by Ellis followed by Fraction's run should fit the bill.

I reread Armor Wars last year and thought it had aged pretty poorly.

I liked Lazarus and Spread

Lazarus is like sci-fi Game of Thrones, powerful families wage war and conduct business, each protected by their bio-enhanced bodyguard called a Lazarus

And Spread is like The Thing + the crazy gangs of Mad Max, in the frozen north

Owzers

question. i'm tempted to get that new avengers omnnibus. how is that collection? are the stories good et cetera?

the one by Bendis? Outside of the breakout arc that was mildly interesting it's mostly non-offensive fluff. I'd get the Hickman oversized hardcovers of Avengers and New Avengers over Bendis.

If you have access to Marvel Unlimited i'd recommend reading all of the above that way.

Ultima_5

the one by Bendis? Outside of the breakout arc that was mildly interesting it's mostly non-offensive fluff. I'd get the Hickman oversized hardcovers of Avengers and New Avengers over Bendis.

If you have access to Marvel Unlimited i'd recommend reading all of the above that way.

Which omnibus specifically? The New Avengers Omni written by Bendis? Or the recently released Avengers Omnibus by Busiek?

Yeah the bendis one. I already got the busiek one when it was 50% off at IST a couple weeks ago... I found a local deal and can get the bendis one for like... $45ish and was curious about it. I don't have marvel unlimited as I prefer the physical stuff.... i'll probably skip it

BigDes

PreacherBirthday02.jpg

Looking at Preacher always makes me sad these days

Steve Dillon what happened to your art

kd-z

Age of Ultron doesn't start screening here in Poland until the 8th I think and there are micro-spoilers everywhere. Hnnnggg.

Edit: crap, didn't refresh and didn't see Spike's post :/

Top Bottom