• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Ok. Finally done with this round of marvels BOGO. Some good food stuff.

Busiek iron man
More of Peter David hulk
A ton of classic FF
Finished out amazing spidey classic and JMS runs (minus sins past and OMD)
Some Nocenti Daredevil
Ennis Punisher
A bunch others too

But there's still marvel comics I'm wanting to get on there.
JG Jones / Morrison Marvel Boy
cool manga like books like Sentinel and the Mary Jane books
Spider girl
Spidey tangled web
Untold tales of spidey
Pp spectacular spidey
Peter David's Captain Marvel
And a couple more.

Just wanted to add that Comixology recently put up Fraction's love letter to the Parker-MJ marriage, Sensational Spider-man Annual 1. Lovely stuff.
https://www.comixology.com/Sensational-Spider-Man-2006-2007-Annual-1/digital-comic/338347

And also, y'all know that Comixology has Adam Warren's Livewires series up? Just in case you wanted to throw another log onto that Marvel BOGO firesale.
https://www.comixology.com/Livewires-2006/comics-series/61025

Just wanted to add that Comixology recently put up Fraction's love letter to the Parker-MJ marriage, Sensational Spider-man Annual 1. Lovely stuff.
https://www.comixology.com/Sensational-Spider-Man-2006-2007-Annual-1/digital-comic/338347

And also, y'all know that Comixology has Adam Warren's Livewires series up? Just in case you wanted to throw another log onto that Marvel BOGO firesale.
https://www.comixology.com/Livewires-2006/comics-series/61025

Yea I saw that and bought them both as soon as the sale went live.

Undo the marriage retcon you stupid Marvel execs!

Sandfox

Howling Commandos of SHIELD
Guardians of Infinity
Angela
Star-Lord (trade only goes to #8, bulked out with reprints, likely because Sam Humphries has gone to DC)

On the bubble:
Web Warriors (2nd trade only goes to 11)
Drax (same, I think)
Nova (same again)
You forgot about Weird World. Humphries is gone and Del Mundo is on Hulk now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Blob?

13092209_1537727669865896_2109142923_n.jpg

Man, the failures of Web Warriors and Guardians Infinity make me so sad. Marvel has tried Spider-Man Exiles, Guardians Exiles and X-Men Exiles Again and none of them lasted. I think the idea's pretty dead now. Unless they do Avengers Exiles at some point. The Infinite Avengers or something.

It's pretty incredible the original series lasted 100 issues and got two relaunches before it was cancelled. It couldn't happen in today's comic market.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone else reading Karnak?

Is this kid just a copycat of Killgrave? Sure sounds like it when Karnak described his powers.

Messi

Almost done with the 12 issues of Miles-Man I bought yesterday. This is somd really good comics. What do I read next for more Miles?

Read his ANAD series. Don't waste your time with Ultimate End. He is also in ANAD Avengers.

If you haven't read his stuff from Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. Then read that. Great stuff.

I posted this over in the DC rebirth thread and didn't get an answer, so I figured I'd try here.

I'm reading through Superman: Lois and Clark right now and am enjoying it. Are the other current Superman books any good? What about Justice League?

Read his ANAD series. Don't waste your time with Ultimate End. He is also in ANAD Avengers.

If you haven't read his stuff from Ultimate Comics Spider-Man. Then read that. Great stuff.

I'll probably buy trades of the Ultimate Comics stuff. Is the ANAD series the one with only three issues currently out?

I posted this over in the DC rebirth thread and didn't get an answer, so I figured I'd try here.

For Superman, Super League feels like it's going to go down as essential reading. It goes through a lot of different books (Superman, Action Comics, Batman/Superman). That's just me, though.

For JL, Darkseid War (and its one-shot tie-ins) have been incredible. I highly recommend this.

Messi

I'll probably buy trades of the Ultimate Comics stuff. Is the ANAD series the one with only three issues currently out?

Yep. The ultimate collections collect all of that run in sweet 12 issue tpbs. The series you just read is the end of that run.

What's happening with Weirdworld?????

Humphries is gone to DC and Del Mundo is on Hulk. Put 2 and 2 together with bad sales and Wierdworld is going away :(. Weirdworld without Del Mundo is not something I'm interested in anyway.

*finds out the Terrigen Mists have sterilized mutants and now they're on the brink of extinction yet again*

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oDqxw.gif

Did the mists affect 'normal' humans as well so they wouldn't be able to give birth to mutants? Or do they 'sterilize' mutants, in that they permanently inhibit the growth of their powers in adolescence?

I liked Storm's speech in the 5th issue of EXM.

Super League/Last Days of Superman is great so far.

The Truth arc is meant to be good except for Batman/Superman. The four books were all doing separate-but-connected stories (a big element of Super League is how the events of Truth have affected Superman physically and mentally) so you can pick and choose.

Even while reading it sober, I am just not feeling Trillium. Returning it tomorrow.

On the other hand, Mouse Guard, Legends of the Guard v1 is great. Fun little stories by guest creators tied together by a "story contest" at an inn. Some gorgeous work in there, including stories by Gene Ha and Tony Moore and Guy Davis.

Anyone read Curse Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastian? Loved his work in Legends of the Guard.

I didn't think it was that bad. It fit with his character. It sure as hell ain't as bad as Blackagar Boltagon. Looool

It's just so dumb with the added bonus of being gross as shit.

Wasn't there a CC in that book too? The assassin Elektra is looking for with his son? I think that's where I got clam chowder from lofl

Top Bottom