• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

frye

the WW: Earth One book is really interesting... not sure how I feel about it yet but I want there to be another 4 books and see where it goes

like if this was a school assignment the comment would be "interesting. develop it further"

Messi

the WW: Earth One book is really interesting... not sure how I feel about it yet but I want there to be another 4 books and see where it goes

like if this was a school assignment the comment would be "interesting. develop it further"

I believe they said it was going to be 3 books.

Anyone read Gwenpool? I think I like it, but there's also a vibe of "hey everyone, look how zany I am!" to this book that doesn't seem entirely genuine. It's pretty good, though.

Messi

Anyone read Gwenpool? I think I like it, but there's also a vibe of "hey everyone, look how zany I am!" to this book that doesn't seem entirely genuine. It's pretty good, though.

I felt it was genuine and was also genuine in the holiday special. Maybe even more so. Loved it.

Messi

Do you know when the next volume releases? Hated how it ended last time :(

August

Vol 4 has an incredible ending.
It just happened to be an incredibly sad ending.

I'm gonna hold some of that shit Lisa said against her for quite some time. Leave allycat alone :(((

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
August

Vol 4 has an incredible ending.
It just happened to be an incredibly sad ending.

I'm gonna hold some of that shit Lisa said against her for quite some time. Leave allycat alone :(((

So far away :'(

Lashley

Well to be fair, he is still drawing it on deviant art. After vol 5 is a break until summer next year btw.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Guess I could re-read them in that time

Messi

giphy.gif

EDIT: Guess I could re-read them in that time

Its to allow him to build up a backlog so delays stop happening but the end of vol 5 is a big ending. It then switches perspective to a different couple (Alan and someone else that I dont want to spoil if you dont know) while keeping Ally and Lisa as main characters.

Boogiepop

BTW, how has Dark Knight III: Master Race been? I don't think I've seen any discussion about it in here, but surely SOMEONE is reading it, right? I would assume it's not great, but that's based solely on preconceptions rather than anything I've actually heard...

Edit: Also, send help. The darn Kingdom Hearts mobile game has entrapped me. I would've ignored it, but people were all "no, no, it's totally going to be important to the overall plot of the series" (which I don't even care that much about), and so against my better judgment I downloaded it. And now I am trapped in F2P hell, when I could be using my time soooo much better...

Bii

BTW, how has Dark Knight III: Master Race been? I don't think I've seen any discussion about it in here, but surely SOMEONE is reading it, right? I would assume it's not great, but that's based solely on preconceptions rather than anything I've actually heard...

Edit: Also, send help. The darn Kingdom Hearts mobile game has entrapped me. I would've ignored it, but people were all "no, no, it's totally going to be important to the overall plot of the series" (which I don't even care that much about), and so against my better judgment I downloaded it. And now I am trapped in F2P hell, when I could be using my time soooo much better...

Dude, I've been playing MyNBA2K14, 2K15 and now I'm on 2K16 for the past 2 1/2 years. And before then, it was WWE Superstar (which was basically the same game). With MyNBA2K16 alone, I've probably invested more than 600+ hours since November 2015. I don't dare download any other F2P games on my phone.

Lashley

Its to allow him to build up a backlog so delays stop happening but the end of vol 5 is a big ending. It then switches perspective to a different couple (Alan and someone else that I dont want to spoil if you dont know) while keeping Ally and Lisa as main characters.

Sounds pretty awesome tbh. I don't mind Alan. He needs more fleshed out.

Lashley

Total fucking trash. 3 issues was all I could bare.

VanWinkle

I have 100 dense pages (edit: 80 pages now) of WW omni left until I finish. Let's do this. I want to be done tonight. It is probably impossible, but here we go.

Love your C-3PO thread zombeen <3 Now I can explain to my daughter where the red arm comes from

She will find this explanation dissatisfying

Mockingbird #2 was great. This is such a charming comic so far and I'm really pleased with it. Love the dialogue and art. Can't wait for more.

Bii

Ran into an old friend the other day. He recommended that I read The Master Race and that it was the biggest comic of our generation. He also tried telling me some other things that were just completely off base/false. It was hard carrying the conversation without having to try and correct him every time he says something. :/

Zombine

Banned
Ran into an old friend the other day. He recommended that I read The Master Race and that it was the biggest comic of our generation. He also tried telling me some other things that were just completely off base/false. It was hard carrying the conversation without having to try and correct him every time he says something. :/

They call them old friends for a reason. Every now and then you need to trade them in for an upgrade.

Owzers

At the end of the conversation you agreed with him that Trump is really the guy who will fix America.

I bought every issue of Sheriff of Babylon yesterday after reading the reviews of #5 which some called it a "perfect comic book." Just got done reading them all. Ever experienced something you know is technically great but just doesn't resonate with you personally? This has the genius level of character study that Vision has but is just so depressing that all the high moments this book has to offer just make it worst or don't have the power to even bring you back to a normal level. This is book really captures probably what it's like over there. It's not fun, it's depressing, it's slow, it's frustrating, and mysterious. With all that being said, I'm going to continue to read it because I feel this book is important and I feel Tom King has something to say and I want to know what it is.

Just caught up on Batman. Bloom was a good villain and seeing Bruce back was awesome.

Messi, you're going to not like the first few pages of the new Deadly Class me thinks.

frye

I bought every issue of Sheriff of Babylon yesterday after reading the reviews of #5 which some called it a "perfect comic book." Just got done reading them all. Ever experienced something you know is technically great but just doesn't resonate with you personally?

I actually feel this way about a lot of King stuff tbh - the command of the form is there but i find a lot of his comics cold

imma give Vision another shot when it's all finished since it's the best drawn of his stuff

Messi

Just caught up on Batman. Bloom was a good villain and seeing Bruce back was awesome.

Messi, you're going to not like the first few pages of the new Deadly Class me thinks.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. IF THEY HURT
WILLIE/SAYA
I AM GOING TO FUCK SOMEBODY UP.

Top Bottom