• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Sandfox

With this I wouldn't be surprised if a new Ghost Rider book comes at some point, especially since Alonso will probably push for it.

Was at Midtown Comics. My haul(going back there before the trip back to Sweden):
imagexppnurokvt.jpeg

Ross61

All this Cyborg hate sucks, Cyborg is a cool character with a ton of potential in the hands of the right person.
He just needs that one writer to get that potential out of him. Walker had something going with him, don't know why that stopped. I do like the things I'm hearing from the new writer though.

Messi

Yup, that's what the stores tell me as well. Be damned Marvel :(

Apparently DC's trades have a long tail when it comes to notable runs and such. So they keep them all in print as they should. Marvel are terrible at keeping stuff in print.

shingi70

Banned
He just needs that one writer to get that potential out of him. Walker had something going with him, don't know why that stopped. I do like the things I'm hearing from the new writer though.

For me the biggest thing is no one ever thinks to just write the character as we know him from Teen Titans. He's falls on the gambit from fun loving to serious in that series.

The biggest hurdle he hasn't been able to get over is more established favorites like Beetle or Firestorm taking his place as newbie to the league gig.

The funny thing is if you ask most of the younger readers/viewers they'd say Cyborg has always been a member of the league.

I think he was trying to come up with a mechanized Batman that looks like the suit was salvaged from scrap. And in that, I think it was a success. It definitely has some neat elements that makes it pretty unique in comparison to other pieces in the line. Zombie Batman was also really cool.
Yeah I heard the Zombie Batman quality isn't that great, reason I haven't gotten it yet. I will eventually.

And talking about Batman Black & White statues.. I got a couple in my DCBS order today.
batman/shelf poorrnn spam!!!

I really like how Batman turned out
Robin looks a little washed out imo, but decent

The whole gang

Da villains

Shelf pron... I've neglected my "man cave" for awhile now and had to use it for storage, I'm trying to get it going again, this is the clean corner.

Messi

Please don't say this. I love the MCU, but MCU Jess would not be as cool as Dennis Hopeless Jess, and then they would launch a new series and make her like the movie. :(

I wouldn't worry. That amazing series will be long dead/cancelled before they get around to Jess and Carols team up movie.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah I heard the Zombie Batman quality isn't that great, reason I haven't gotten it yet. I will eventually.

And talking about Batman Black & White statues.. I got a couple in my DCBS order today.

The whole gang

Da villains

Shelf pron... I've neglected my "man cave" for awhile now and had to use it for storage, I'm trying to get it going again, this is the clean corner.
Quoting this for the sheer dedication it took

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a dude with a fucking tiger pet in the walking dead comic?

Was Batgirl/Birds of Prey any good from rebirth

I didn't think much of it, but in fairness I've never been much of a fan of the title in any volume. Not even gonna give it a second issue.

Dropped Batman, too, which is a book I haven't dropped for a loooooong time.

Yet I'm pulling like three Superman titles?? And two of those books are really fucking good so far? Totally bizarre.

theres a dude with a fucking tiger pet in the walking dead comic?

Yes her name is Shiva and you will respect her she is da best

The whole gang

Da villains

left to right guesses on Batman Black and White statues...

Capullo, "New Look" Carmine Infantino, Mignola, Jae Lee, Babs Tarr, "New Look" Carmine Infantino again, annnnnnd Francis Manupal cuz the nose and the big eyebrow

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also holy shit at that American Gods trailer. No idea wtf is going on but damn.

JTripper

Anyone collect those black and white BTAS character busts? Do they make cool decorations? I've seen a few and that new SDCC Joker one caught my eye.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
olm7qNS.png

Made a small-ish order today, really looking forward to reading The Incal and the others.

Gotta love how volume 1 of Image comics are so cheap compared to volume 2s.

Top Bottom