• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Say what colossus leaves :/

yea but spoilers he comes back in like the most dope ass way. Like in Fall of the Mutants, The Blob ol' fatass falls right on top of Wolverine, squashing that dude. Then Wolverine pops the claws so the Blob goes flying on on some Looney Tunes shit, and thats when Magik shows up with her brother in tow and Blob's like "Damn nigga I thought you was dead" and Colossus makes a monty python joke and smashes that nigga into a wall. Its amazing.

gotbetter2.jpg

also also the way he got hurt was after Riptide fucked up Kitty Pryde during Mutant Massarce, nigga was so PISSED he walked through dude's poison stars and snapped his fuckin' neck

Colossus+kills.jpg

shit was cray

TheFlow

Banned
yea but spoilers he comes back in like the most dope ass way. Like in Fall of the Mutants, The Blob ol' fatass falls right on top of Wolverine, squashing that dude. Then Wolverine pops the claws so the Blob goes flying on on some Looney Tunes shit, and thats when Magik shows up with her brother in tow and Blob's like "Damn nigga I thought you was dead" and Colossus makes a monty python joke and smashes that nigga into a wall. Its amazing.

gotbetter2.jpg

also also the way he got hurt was after Riptide fucked up Kitty Pryde during Mutant Massarce, nigga was so PISSED he walked through dude's poison stars and snapped his fuckin' neck

Colossus+kills.jpg

shit was cray
Damnit that is amazing! He really is my fav

Iceman sounds good. Looking forward to that one.

I've read something like 40 comics since Sunday WHEW. The best one was either Shade #2 or Shipwreck #1. The worst one was easily Spider-Man & Deadpool #11. The next editor who lets Penn Jillette write a comic should be fired

from a cannon

TheFlow

Banned
Iceman sounds good. Looking forward to that one.

I've read something like 40 comics since Sunday WHEW. The best one was either Shade #2 or Shipwreck #1. The worst one was easily Spider-Man & Deadpool #11. The next editor who lets Penn Jillette write a comic should be fired

from a cannon
Who is on ice man

Who is on ice man

Sina Grace is writing. Don't know him too well but I've heard good things, especially about Self-Obsessed. I am going to check it out now; based on what I've heard, sounds like it could be a good indicator of what we can expect with Iceman.

Alessandro Vitto on art is an amazing choice, love his work and he's a great fit for the character.

Sandfox

The interview for the new Iceman book is really promising. The book is seemingly going to be focusing on how he's the one member of the o5 who has changed the least from the beginning and will actually explore his potential as an omega level mutant.

that guy romeo from the inhumans, I'd assume
The ongoing is about adult Iceman, not the young one.

The interview for the new Iceman book is really promising. The book is seemingly going to be focusing on how he's the one member of the o5 who has changed the least from the beginning and will actually explore his potential as an omega level mutant.

Ooo that would be cool. His theoretical power level is quite insane, we haven't really seen much expression near the apparent limits of his abilities. Hopefully they get right to it since this isn't likely to last.

Edit: with Vitto on art, damn, this book is gonna be fucking awesome methinks

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

from a cannon

Impressive.

I read half that many over the 4 day weekend and still felt exhausted.

VanWinkle

I bumped the thread when book 5 was released. No one was interested. -_-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493318&page=2

Don Rosa wrote a huge run which is being collected in the Don Rosa library collection.

A small subset (one large "arc") of those have been released as a separate run called Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. In the new box sets, volume 4 and volume 5 contain those issues.

PERFECT info. Thanks so much, man.

tim1138

gotbetter2.jpg

Colossus+kills.jpg

shit was cray

Truly a golden age for the X-Men.

I have (probably misplaced) faith they'll release the rest of it in omnibus form. Vintage Excalibur is getting an Epic Collection, anything is possible!

Phamit

I really don't have anything against Chosen One storys, but it feels so wrong in Reborn. Maybe it's because I didn't expected or understood that it was one of those storys, but I'm kinda disappointed.

some fabulous lookin villains there

like Magneto with the male model stubble and Mr. Sinister probably spent longer on his make-up than Mystique there

Yeah I'm not tremendously fond of that myself, but that's not the interior artist

Guys I really like the new Teen Titans. It has been years since this team has been this fun.

Total guilty pleasure but that's okay

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah I'm not tremendously fond of that myself, but that's not the interior artist

Guys I really like the new Teen Titans. It has been years since this team has been this fun.

don't let a good book be a guilty pleasure. Especially #2.

Rebirth has spoiled me on great art but that issue is eye candy.

Messi

Echo hates Wada. Put him on the list Freeza.

PsychBat!

Banned
I reread All-New Ghost Rider with my little sister earlier this afternoon. She loves it and can't wait for tomorrow for the new ongoing.

EDIT: Also caught up on Spider-Man 2099. Man that Civil War II tie in was kinda crazy. But like always the art is really holding everything back.

Ross61

It's had 3 solid issues so I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure yet. It hasn't shot into greatness but I wouldn't put it below decent.

Spoiler, the title isn't christmas based nor is it christmas themed. Holiday books are featured though.
COMICS! |OT| December 2016 Marc Guggenheim's Racism Hat
Jamie McKelvie designed the X-Men Blue costumes.
I'm digging it

Costume designs are nice. Still hate those characters though.
You hate every mutant that isn't Blink, though

gotbetter2.jpg

Colossus+kills.jpg

shit was cray
Colossus has been my boy since I read the Claremont run through Dark Phoenix Saga (and somewhat beyond) in like, fifth grade. Proteus sold me on him so hard.
that guy romeo from the inhumans, I'd assume
tumblr_inline_n5o2dp4y0b1r75tzg.gif

I really really love this cover
It's pretty good. Looks like he's gonna be messing with some Brotherhood and Marauders.
some fabulous lookin villains there

like Magneto with the male model stubble and Mr. Sinister probably spent longer on his make-up than Mystique there
Sinister's always been fabulous, though

VanWinkle

DC is in a very good place right now. Lots of good titles that way more embrace legacy than New 52 did, not a lot of filler, Marvel/Vertigo-style OHC release schedules coming up, and just fun comics in general (save for a couple of crappy books).

Only thing is that Tom King SHOULD have been on Green Lantern (along with Doc Shaner), and had another writer on Batman. Amazing writer, but I don't think he's a good fit on Batman.

Ross61

DC is in a very good place right now. Lots of good titles that way more embrace legacy than New 52 did, not a lot of filler, Marvel/Vertigo-style OHC release schedules coming up, and just fun comics in general (save for a couple of crappy books).

Only thing is that Tom King SHOULD have been on Green Lantern (along with Doc Shaner), and had another writer on Batman. Amazing writer, but I don't think he's a good fit on Batman.

The thing about that Tom King and Green Lantern thing is that King has shown as much aptitude for writing Batman and he's shown writing for Green Lantern. I feel like it could have gone either way.

I get sick of some mutants like Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine but my hate for the O5 is on another level.

Blink is the Queen though!

Yeah I got tired of Wolverine, which is why I'm glad he's still dead. Dunno why they brought back Old Man Logan though. Seemed weird. Like, now that I think about it, if they wanted to just do a second Wolverine book, I much rather it had been Daken. Another Dark Wolverine book would've been cool, though in fairness I didn't read the first one.

Magneto I'm only tired of in terms of being a leader. I liked what Bendis did with him. And I'll never tire of Mystique, especially since the movie versions are so poor.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah I got tired of Wolverine, which is why I'm glad he's still dead. Dunno why they brought back Old Man Logan though. Seemed weird. Like, now that I think about it, if they wanted to just do a second Wolverine book, I much rather it had been Daken. Another Dark Wolverine book would've been cool, though in fairness I didn't read the first one.

Magneto I'm only tired of in terms of being a leader. I liked what Bendis did with him. And I'll never tire of Mystique, especially since the movie versions are so poor.

I'm cool with Wolverine these days. I was sick of him back around 02-05 era when he was EVERYWHERE.

As for Mags and Mystique it's the movies that have soured me on them. But she was fine in Messiah Complex. I do prefer them as frenemies of the X-Men rather than actual members.

Top Bottom