• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comics - September 2011 |OT| DC's nU Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slayven said:
For one thing, dealing with crappy leadership straight out the box. And just for starters how will he keep Q and Dark Beast in line? Ironically he does have decent leader on his said, who weirdly shares the name Summers.

Is it Dark Beast? I'm a little behind, but I can hardly see regular Beast siding with Cyclops.

Slayven

-Pyromaniac- said:
Wolverine is an underrated leader. I think he does a fine job on Uncanny X-Force. Yes he still has his logan moments where he just says fuck it and does what he wants but it's usually when he has no other choice.
Yeah I would totally put Wolverine in the top 65 of Marvel leaders. Between Nighthawk and Psilord.

comedy bomb said:
Is it Dark Beast? I'm a little behind, but I can hardly see regular Beast siding with Cyclops.
I don't see him siding with either Cyke or Wolverine and plus Dark Beast has been in X-force lately.

bangai-o

Banned
ordered thru Diamond

Timm-cover-E.jpg

hhnnnnggggggg!

comedy bomb said:

It's not Dark Beast, because he has the cat like appearance. Dark Beast never had a secondary mutation. I mean, it could be a poor artist rendition, but there's nothing to really make me think that's Dark Beast.

Spike Spiegel said:
Yeah, that put a big smile on my face when I got there. A lot of people were worried about the new direction of the book, what with the team splitting up and all; but that ending was so full of "HOLY SH*T THIS IS AWESOME! COMICS!" promise that it wipes away any fears.

Thunderbolts is so fun. :D

I kinda felt the exact opposite. If this is like a long term thing I'm not sure I want to stick around for it. I liked the theme of the last 12 issues way better.

dream

I know everyone's talking about superhero books right now (whatever happened to our non-superhero comics thread?) but I just read this and it's awesome:

15267_400x600.jpg

Just finished reading Mystic 2 and likin it a lot. All of the Crossgen revivals have been pretty rockin. The story in Mystic feels like it might be hard to contain to 4 issues though given how much world building Wilson does. I'm guessing the whole story could have easily been 10-20 issues or more and I'd probably enjoy them all.

Nesotenso

Finally got to sit down and read Uncanny X-Force 14 properly. What an awesome book. Remender is doing such a great job on the book. He gets all the characters and his Deadpool is genuinely funny. Was listening to his interview on ifanboy and he has got stuff planned right now to about issue 30 something ! This run with Dean White and Opena is going to be a memorable one.

Now to catch up on X-Men legacy and New Mutants this weekend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just finished Justice League 1. Love the new suits designs for Bats and Supes, and Green Lantern looks slightly better.

But man.. The concept art at the end of Aquaman looks way cooler than what they went with. That badass lobster armor with the hook hand and beard would've been amazing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
comedy bomb said:

i want to say its dark beast based on the design, but the color is too light. i cant tell which on that is, and based on their relationship with scott, it could be either of them

Weenerz

Banned
Local shop is sold out of Batgirl and a few other issues, said they aren't getting any more. Does anyone remember the coupon code from Midtown comics? I thought I saw some, but I don't remember what comic I saw the advertisement.

notworksafe

evilpigking said:
Just finished reading Mystic 2 and likin it a lot. All of the Crossgen revivals have been pretty rockin. The story in Mystic feels like it might be hard to contain to 4 issues though given how much world building Wilson does. I'm guessing the whole story could have easily been 10-20 issues or more and I'd probably enjoy them all.
Yeah, I've got no idea how this is going to play out in only 4 issues. Here's hoping that more come along after this miniseries.

Also Spider Island: Avengers is seriously as awesome as I'd hoped. Frog Man beating the hell out of bad guys while yelling "Avengers! YAY!" is enough alone. Hawkeye failing hardcore at Spider Powers was funny too. Plus Frog Man's glorious save at the end! This was a hilarious one-shot and everyone should grab it.

And yeah...poor Squirrel Girl. :(

New Avengers Annual was also good. Lots of beatdowns plus interesting art. I approve.

Next up, DC stuff!

Weenerz

Banned
Can't find Batgirl at my local shop, or at midtowncomics.com either. Amazon wants $4.99 + $3.99 shipping. Ugh.

yes I know I posted this in the DC thread, but I figured more exposure would help my situation :p

Weenerz said:
Can't find Batgirl at my local shop, or at midtowncomics.com either. Amazon wants $4.99 + $3.99 shipping. Ugh.

yes I know I posted this in the DC thread, but I figured more exposure would help my situation :p
You could buy a digital copy and pay no shipping.

Satch

Banned
Weenerz said:

go through comixology

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
Weenerz said:
Local shop is sold out of Batgirl and a few other issues, said they aren't getting any more. Does anyone remember the coupon code from Midtown comics? I thought I saw some, but I don't remember what comic I saw the advertisement.

thats why you gotta reserve

What are the essential modern X-Men comics to read? I'm interested in checking out some of the new books. So far I'm planning to read:

- Grant Morrison's New X-Men saga
- Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (followed by Warren Ellis's run)
- Ed Brubakers Uncanny X-Men

Anything else that you would say is essential?

Weenerz said:
Aren't they digital only? I want a hard copy.

Try Barnes and Nobels. They get new DC and Marvel stuff but sometimes they come a week or two later. If you must have a hard copy and can't find it locally then your next option is either Midtowncomics.com, grahamcrackers.com, or I guess ebay.

Dead

well not really...yet
Brubaker's Uncanny was a load of nothing

Read Mike Carey's X-Men run with Chris Bachalo instead

Anticitizen One said:
What are the essential modern X-Men comics to read? I'm interested in checking out some of the new books. So far I'm planning to read:

Try Barnes and Nobels. They get new DC and Marvel stuff but sometimes they come a week or two later. If you must have a hard copy and can't find it locally then your next option is either Midtowncomics.com, grahamcrackers.com, or I guess ebay.
the new book that everyone is raving about including me is Uncanny X-Force, they are 14 issues in I believe, better get on that. It's one of the best out.

Snaku

Banned
Satchwar said:
LOL oh god you went all in

First I was like omg Long Halloween!
Then I was like omg Hush!
And then I was like omg Year One!
But then I was like omg Dick & Damien!
Finally I was like wth No Man's Land!

My backlog when I finally get an iPad (waiting on 3) will probably be massive.

bangai-o

Banned
Snaku said:
First I was like omg Long Halloween!
Then I was like omg Hush!
And then I was like omg Year One!
But then I was like omg Dick & Damien!
Finally I was like wth No Man's Land!

My backlog when I finally get an iPad (waiting on 3) will probably be massive.
i might have to jump in on that too. Comixology apparently did extremely well this past week. The App beat out Angry Birds.

JAGII

Neo Member
I'm a little irked that Comixology only put the first issue of Gotham Central on sale. That's a series I really need to read, but this is just a tease.

I'll probably get Year One and Batman and Robin, though -- two series I've read but don't own.

dream

No idea why everyone doesn't price digital back issues at 99 cents a pop. There's obviously a lot of demand for them at that price point.

bangai-o

Banned
dream said:
No idea why everyone doesn't price digital back issues at 99 cents a pop. There's obviously a lot of demand for them at that price point.
because then everyone will want 50 cent sales?

Satch

Banned
i wish comixology had a friends list and a wishlist...

it'd be nice to set up a directory or something where we could help each other out. if we had suggestions that we were passionate enough about that we want another gaffer to read, we could gift them an issue or two to try.

basically comixology needs to be more like Steam

dream said:
I don't think comixology can even go lower than 99 cents.

99¢ is fine.

Anything over is highway robbery.

There's a lot of digital entertainment competing for the 99¢, and comic companies love to bitch about how they're always competing with other media at retail.

Stop whining and put your money where your mouth is asshats.

Nesotenso

Anticitizen One said:

Another vote for Uncanny X-Force if you want to jump on a current ongoing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
99¢ is fine.

Anything over is highway robbery.

There's a lot of digital entertainment competing for the 99¢, and comic companies love to bitch about how they're always competing with other media at retail.

Stop whining and put your money where your mouth is asshats.

This is true. At .99c digital comics could be killing it. At $2.99 it could just be a flash in the pan till people get sick of being gouged. The digital app market just does not want to pay that much money. Just look at the iOS thread with people debating whether to pay $4.99 for a stone cold classic like Sword and Sworcery. Or even the .99c games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom