• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike 2 Revealed - Info & Beta Discussion

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Excited Lets Go GIF

gimmmick

How old is the source engine that they are using? Seems like I have been hearing about it since half life 2.

skit_data

Responsive smoke seems pretty damn cool

Edit: I remember back in 1.5 when you could just lower the smoke effects so that you had this blurry 2d sprite… this seems like an improvement

Last edited:

Fake

So, the chances of that Left 4 Dead 3 leak being true are huge?

They saw potential into upgrade their old games with Source 2. Not to mention the mod community from L4D2 still huge.

I just wonder if they gonna re-release games one console since the Portal 2 Nintendo Switch version was a sucess.

clarky

Gold Member
It would require mouse and keyboard, and we all know how that's worked out in the past on console.
Nah they did the original on console, dont see why this would come eventually as well considering how popular the game still is.

The chances of it killing COD are slim to none though.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Nah they did the original on console, dont see why this would come eventually as well considering how popular the game still is.

The chances of it killing COD are slim to none though.
Was it cross-play though? This new one would have to be cross-play, and the game would fail as PC players would murder.

SomeGit

I want to see how that smoke tech will change entries, sounds like a good way to introduce a counter for well executed smoke entries where before there wasn't really much you could do.

Was it cross-play though? This new one would have to be cross-play, and the game would fail as PC players would murder.

No, they cancelled cross play at the 11th hour for the PS3 version. Probably since they wanted to freely update the PC version.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Yes, but did they trim it down to be less eSports and more classic 1.6/source? It's why I dropped GO, everything about that game feels like it's funneling you into buying stuff to customize your territorist with anime guns

Last edited:

BlackTron

The dynamic smoke physics and tick rate changes are both real software upgrades for FPS games. It seems Valve has yet to hit a ceiling buffing out this category.

Puscifer

LMAO that's hilarious smoke.

But in all seriousness, let's gooooo. Could this fill the void that MGO2 left?
I'll take it over rotating 2D textures lol. I noticed it in uncharted 2 even all those years back and can't believe how normal that technique is, even now! Feel like the last time games gave us interactive smoke was Killzone 2 and it was only a couple sections, one of them you observing the smoke being sucked into an engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom