• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike 2 Revealed - Info & Beta Discussion

VN1X

Banned
Wish I'd not sold my butterfly fade knife for 400 pounds....

Actually, yes I am.

But this will bring me back for a while. Looks sweet
OhnePixel about to open a $13k capsule lol.

THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. Oh and some random viewer gifted that to him. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

wjJTUpA.png

Last edited:

Flintty

Ah man I wish they’d make it for console. I was massively into the clan scene on OG Xbox and CS was one of my favourites. Great memories. Congrats to the PC fans, I envy you! (I don’t play shooters on PC, it fucks my wrist).

VN1X

Banned
Just watched Tariks stream

Looks like CS GO with Instagram filters

And I don't understand the tickless thing

And still not anti-cheat makes MM useless, which is why Faceit is so popular
They haven't unveiled everything yet. There's more features that will be revealed in the upcoming months and everything points to Valve making huge improvements to matchmaking itself as well; hopefully making third party services such as FACEIT or ESEA no longer necessary.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
They really haven't changed the character animations much since Counter Strike Source. Everything else looks good (granted I never played CSGO, looks too esports-y for me).

Ivan

It looks disappointing to be honest... Not worthy of that title.

I know CS players will play it to death (and set everything on low), but I guess I expected more from such a big release. It looks just ok.

FeralEcho

From a gameplay standpoint the implications for the smoke tech are cool but that's not how smoke looks or works...it looks like foam in the game,smoke doesn't get contained in a bubble like that...I expected more in that regard but maybe they can improve upon it.

Fools idol

Banned
my personal favourite versions where 1.3 and 1.5. It was cool being able to bunnyhop around the maps at a rapid pace, noscoping bitches with the AWP like a scout, whipping out the deagle to wallbang ridiculous spots. All of that is long gone from CSGo.

CSGO players will never know the satisfaction of getting a wallbang on radio room from top ladder as the T's rush ramp. 🥶

Looks like an indie game. Wasn't the 1st game profitable enough to make something current looking?
As an exclusive, it has to be able to run on their exclusive console, Steam Deck.
Ah man I wish they’d make it for console. I was massively into the clan scene on OG Xbox and CS was one of my favourites. Great memories. Congrats to the PC fans, I envy you! (I don’t play shooters on PC, it fucks my wrist).
Steam Deck is the new 4th console. It’s on sale now too.

ironmang

Looks like an indie game. Wasn't the 1st game profitable enough to make something current looking?
CSS was current looking at the time and it was a big reason the playerbase was fractured (in addition to people who just preferred 1.6). Better to keep the requirements low to keep the playercount high.

JCK75

TFC got me into online shooters, Counter-Strike made me an addict..
Lately I've been down on online gaming, every since (IMO) they ruined Overwatch I've really not been able to find a multiplayer shooter that I enjoyed..

I loved CS:Source but when they tried to go battle royale I kind of fell out of it..

This.. this looks insane and I'm getting my excitement back.
Day 1 purchase for me.

Holammer

TFC got me into online shooters, Counter-Strike made me an addict..
Lately I've been down on online gaming, every since (IMO) they ruined Overwatch I've really not been able to find a multiplayer shooter that I enjoyed..

I loved CS:Source but when they tried to go battle royale I kind of fell out of it..

This.. this looks insane and I'm getting my excitement back.
Day 1 purchase for me.
The game is f2p, so get the prime status upgrade and 30$ worth of keys maybe?

VN1X

Banned
Does anyone knows when beta will be playable and when people will start to get invites?
It's playable now and Valve keep adding more existing accounts to the limited test. You just have to launch CSGO and hope you're greeted by an invitation banner:

X4UvnfY1WOpFQHjTScNMgXBO2F7lWrzyPtZl0MpGGJQ.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could get into CS. Every time I try it I just get wrecked. The skill some people have is insane. I don't know how they can react so quickly! I have a 144hz monitor but I feel like I'm not able to react fast enough. Mostly I play against bots since I can't against real people :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fake

Watched some matches. Looks improved. My only complain is about looking saturated? Hope this can be adjusted or toned down. Looking more like a Team Fortress 2.

Klik

ja
Sada se može igrati i Valve nastavlja dodavati još postojećih računa ograničenom testu. Samo trebate pokrenuti CSGO i nadati se da će vas dočekati natpis s pozivnicom.
I was asking because if its indeed playable i don't see anyone post videos on youtube showing gameplay?

VN1X

Banned
ja

I was asking because if its indeed playable i don't see anyone post videos on youtube showing gameplay?
That's because Valve aren't necessarily giving content creators first priority. They just have to wait like the rest of us plebians hah. Plus it's only been out for, what... 12 hours?

That said there's already plenty of footage available though, especially on twitch. Shroud and the rest of the old C9 crew were playing it a lot yesterday. Smooya, Lau, Simple, and a ton of others as well.

Here's Lau testing out a bunch of stuff for about 2 hours hah.

Last edited:

Fake

Another funny thing: Still calling Counter-Terrorist vs Terrorist. The leaker probably told they would change only to get some likes/engange over social media. What a soyguy.

ironmang

That was like 20 years ago
They also released CSGO on consoles which also flopped hard.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't making adjustments to the shooting mechanics and whatever else would be needed to make it palatable for controller players. The money printer skin market coming to consoles has to be tempting if they can make it work.

VN1X

Banned
Another funny thing: Still calling Counter-Terrorist vs Terrorist. The leaker probably told they would change only to get some likes/engange over social media. What a soyguy.
Nah this is something the esports side of things have kind of been alluding to/asking for themselves. It's because, despite the enormous success CS has had in that scene, a lot of sponsors still won't touch the game. Has nothing to do with woke culture and more with common sense lol. I mean as a brand you would literally be tied to a product which glorifies "terrorists" and "planting a bomb" (never mind all the other violence that's on display and looks to be even more gory this time around) . It sounds completely benign to most of us but to corporate entities it's a no-go.

Anyway glad they kept everything the same though. Also because the esports scene of CS is currently bleeding money, NA is nonexistent and it's currently on life support by Saudi funding. It will die first before it becomes lucrative again.

Last edited:

Fake

Nah this is something the esports side of things have kind of been alluding to/asking for themselves. It's because, despite the enormous success CS has had in that scene, a lot of sponsors still won't touch the game. Has nothing to do with woke culture and more with common sense lol. I mean as a brand you would literally be tied to a product which glorifies "terrorists" and "planting a bomb". It sounds completely benign to most of us but to corporate entities it's a no-go.

Anyway glad they kept everything the same though. Also because the esports scene of CS is currently bleeding money, NA is nonexistent and it's currently on life support by Saudi funding. It will die first before it becomes lucrative again.

We can only expeculate, can we?

Is odd that everything the leaker told got right, besides that?

Anw, glad they didn't change because would be fucking stupid.

VN1X

Banned
We can only expeculate, can we?

Is odd that everything the leaker told got right, besides that?

Anw, glad they didn't change because would be fucking stupid.
No no it's not speculation. This is the situation as is.

Over the years TO's and teams themselves have been asking for a bunch of stuff from Valve. Obviously, for better or worse, they don't have to adhere to any of their requests. It's a bit of a difficult relation at times because CS thrives on esports but they feel Valve doesn't fully acknowledge that. Most of its popularity arguably comes from that scene which is why they (esports) have been kind of frustrated with Valve as the devs have been prone to just drop updates in the middle of tournaments or otherwise make sweeping changes that break the game. Teams would also like more of their merch inside of CS, other than just the stickers that we have currently (branded gloves or other apparel that you could equip, like how CoD does it).

Again, I'm glad they kept the basic terminology the same but I also wouldn't have minded a change to a more advertiser friendly phrasing. As much as I love playing the game I think over the years I've enjoyed watching the big tourneys even more. I'd love for that scene to thrive and get even bigger as experiencing amazing clutch moments with hundreds of thousands of like minded fans is just an amazing experience, better yet when you're there in the stadium itself. Definitely recommend going to one of those if you ever get the chance!

Last edited:

Puscifer

After seeing the mess that is CoD MW 2 with its broken rotational auto-aim on controllers, I hope doesn’t even think about having a console version, that way they won’t even consider trying to “level the playing field”.
Turn on the aim assist on consoles you're pretty much playing with an aim bot

ironmang

I guess you need to be active on GO to receive a invite first.
Hmm that'll probably do it. I haven't played a match in 2-3 years. Maybe I'll just leave it open during the day to get those 2 week hours up.
Turn on the aim assist on consoles you're pretty much playing with an aim bot
You'd still have to deal with recoil which is a lot more intense than what you see in most console shooters. Still probably not worth the risk unless they can keep aim assist available in playlists separate from kb&m players.

Last edited:
not that i expect to get into the beta but i'm thinking about trying the game again. even if it just helps push the numbers up to break a record :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Puscifer

Hmm that'll probably do it. I haven't played a match in 2-3 years. Maybe I'll just leave it open during the day to get those 2 week hours up.

You'd still have to deal with recoil which is a lot more intense than what you see in most console shooters. Still probably not worth the risk unless they can keep aim assist available in playlists separate from kb&m players.
No you don't, I hadn't played a COD game since Ghost I got back into in Modern Warfare and it was pretty ridiculous the tracking the game gives you. Several times turned on max and was popping headshots like crazy with the snipers. I play on PC now but it's just so wild to me what you can get away with on consoles right there without a keyboard and mouse but people will whine about cross play ruining the experience. I can tell you any good online player can be a fucking god when you turn it on max!

ironmang

No you don't, I hadn't played a COD game since Ghost I got back into in Modern Warfare and it was pretty ridiculous the tracking the game gives you. Several times turned on max and was popping headshots like crazy with the snipers. I play on PC now but it's just so wild to me what you can get away with on consoles right there without a keyboard and mouse but people will whine about cross play ruining the experience. I can tell you any good online player can be a fucking god when you turn it on max!
I meant the recoil for CS being different than what you see in console shooters. Who knows, maybe aim assist would be strong enough to counter the recoil from like an ak spray.

Top Bottom