• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike 2 Revealed - Info & Beta Discussion

VN1X

Banned
That's not respectful, that's being a little bitch. Anyway, my comment was clearly about Valve content creators when you mean fan content/mods instead.
Okay.

Anyway my original comment referred to community content creators. Apologies if that wasn't clear. The same point still stands though. Sure Valve would arguably be more knowledgable when it comes to their own engine but it's not as if they're magicians that somehow pull features out of a hat without having to apply that to the rules of Source. They are also 'restricted' by what CS:GO's Source engine is capable of and have to work within its confines. For the record I'm not talking about visuals and purty features exclusively here. I'm talking about the Hammer (SDK) that is incredibly broken, shit and just straight up awful to work with. Source 2 will help content creators reach their vision much more efficiently so I'm excited and happy for them!

I'm not sure what you meant with your Titanfall comment btw as it only reinforces my point. Respawn basically took out the innards of the engine, redid a whole slew of features, incorporated their own tech and ultimately made it their own. The current version of Source and its code base running Apex Legends is wildly different compared to what Valve has going on in-house.

Last edited:

SomeGit

That's not respectful, that's being a little bitch. Anyway, my comment was clearly about Valve content creators when you mean fan content/mods instead.

Even Valve has been limited, Danger Zone is a joke of a BR game because it’s heavily limited by the Source engine.

VN1X

Banned
Even Valve has been limited, Danger Zone is a joke of a BR game because it’s heavily limited by the Source engine.
Exactly.

They have to play tricks with elevation (block sight lines across the map) or add fog to make sure the game doesn't run like absolute shit. None of that will be needed with CS2 and I can't wait to see what new content could bring to the table.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
^
This is why I've been asking for merge requests for new threads into the existing one in the hope that we could keep the normies away. :lollipop_frowning_mouth:
What sort of god-forsaken irony is this? Counter-Strike is the ultimate normie game. It's the original normie game. It's the home of quick-scoping, it's like the Grey's Anatomy of video games.

Counter-Strike 2 is a free upgrade that Valve barely bothered to announce because they are bored of the franchise. They probably forgot they even made it. It's like old potatoes, they are chucking it out the window for the sheep to eat.

You have to be a normie to enjoy Counter-Strike in 2023 because anyone who likes games moved on a year or two after Source. It's even worse than people who still play World of Warcraft or people who still listen to Korn.

Counter-Strike players calling other people normies, that's a fucking roflcopter if I ever heard one.

VN1X

Banned
What sort of god-forsaken irony is this? Counter-Strike is the ultimate normie game. It's the original normie game. It's the home of quick-scoping, it's like the Grey's Anatomy of video games.

Counter-Strike 2 is a free upgrade that Valve barely bothered to announce because they are bored of the franchise. They probably forgot they even made it. It's like old potatoes, they are chucking it out the window for the sheep to eat.

You have to be a normie to enjoy Counter-Strike in 2023 because anyone who likes games moved on a year or two after Source. It's even worse than people who still play World of Warcraft or people who still listen to Korn.

Counter-Strike players calling other people normies, that's a fucking roflcopter if I ever heard one.
Arrested Development Reaction GIF

Not sure if you are serious, but if you are. The real roflcopter is your post. Now THAT's a roflcopter.

Really don't get what your issue is with what people enjoy playing - you sound very angry, bitter and just downright negative. You don't have to like the game if you don't want too, but there is no reason to hate on individuals who are excited or are looking forward to enjoying the upcoming product.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

This actually looks pretty fun. And while upgrading the engine to more modern standard, it looks like something they can bank on for years to come like they did the Source engine.

This will be a mega hit.
Totally. It's an updated CS. Anyone that doubts it has no idea what they're talking about. There's a reason why this game is STILL widely played to this very day.

From the late 90s to 2023 beyond. Clearly Counter-Strike is something special.

Holammer

How do I know if I've been selected for the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
If you are chosen to participate in the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test you will receive a notification on the main menu of CS:GO.

If you receive an invitation select "ENROLL" and begin your download. When the download is complete launch CS:GO and select the "Limited Test" option to play the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test.

Denton

Between 2002 and 2007 I spent many thousands hours in CS 1.6, to the point where I never really wanted to play any multiplayers games ever again.

But this looks nice. I might go back :(

Boneless

No need to embarrass yourself any further.
Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Stuart360

People going about the graphics are kind of missing the point. There will be Counter Strike veterans with 4080's and 4090's playing this at low settings to get as many frames as possible.
Its the reason why Valorant is probably the best optimized modern game, and can get 60+fps on an ancient GT 730 lol.

Killer8

"It's just CS:GO with better graphics"

But that's all it needed to be. The shooting in CS is basically perfection. You can't improve the formula - only refine.

And anyway, that assessment of it is really under-selling things like the no tick servers. Not to mention it's a free upgrade.

Eotheod

Man, people get fucking worked UP about Counter-Strike hey? Almost like those saying "this looks great!" or "I can't wait to play" are genuinely keen to enjoy the game, yet apparently that is not good enough. We need to showcase some high levels of rage in order to ensure everyone feels included in the discussion of a game they probably were not going to play or have ever played.

Danknugz

the smoke thing is cool but something i expected from "next gen" games 10 years ago.

i was specifically asking onward devs about realistic smoke/mist which reacts as you run through it but it fell on deaf ears of course.

being developed by valve, any word on VR/index support?

I was always a quake guy and never really played CS, but maybe jump into CS2.

Holammer

Anomaly's reaction & analysis. One interesting aspect apart from the spiffy new weapon models are multiple configurations on certain weapons. Like different muzzle attachments, carrying handles (or none), stock. A lot of new customization options.

Twitter right now among content creators etc

let-me-in-eric-andre.gif

Puscifer

I love how console players are like "Uh it look bad".
Well yeah, but that's not the point. Gameplay is everything for CS and the graphics should be as clean as possible. No bullshit. No RTX. Just pure gameplay.

You don't play CS because it beautiful, you play it because it's awesome.

200.gif

Define failure, because CS doesn't care about consoles.

image.png
There's probably a lot of bots in that, just being real. That's why I holding out hope that 2.0 abandons everything this game even with a small pay barrier if it meant keeping it pure.

Buggy Loop

clueless movie GIF

What an insane post. This is one for the archives.

Fools idol

Banned
This is SO fucking good, I'm SO excited about this, good lord. CS has always meant a lot to me, playing it's earliest iterations up to CS:GO. I basically grew up with this damn game. It's so cool to see CS2 actually falling into place. It looks outstanding, and Valve IS still making games. I'm so happy, lol.

Same. Perhaps this is a little weird but many major parts of my life were remembered in the walls of the classic CS maps. Nuke, inferno and dust2 will forever be deeply nostalgic. I can think about all the times in my youth playing 5on5 scrums and searching for games in mIRC, Watching the legends play at CPL lan tournaments in the early days of HLTV (long before 'streaming' even existed.

Attending Dreamhack with my friends, taking my PC all over europe to participate in tournaments... watching as clans like Eolithic just dominated the scene, and playing less but still as much as I could during my college years in england.

So many good memories. I genuinely get emotional when I watch the classic frag movies from the quakenet days like this one;

I often think about what happened to lots of these guys as we all got old. I met and played with / against almost every pro in the scene back then, as the community was so small. I remember playing as a standin at Dreamhack when Shaguar got sick, and the community going wild cause I was ripping up all these well known players and no one had an idea at that time who I was. Fun times..

I was salaried as a pro player by the time CS:Source came out, and was playing for a few clans like London Mint, 4Kings, and some other lesser known ones. The money was terrible but making it from playing videogames seemed like making it back then. Too funny.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
^
This is why I've been asking for merge requests for new threads into the existing one in the hope that we could keep the normies away. :lollipop_frowning_mouth:
Can't expect people to actually understand why this is a big thing.
They are such boring takes too. How long has GAF been around, huh? I figured that with time atleast the quality of the garbage would change.

But no. Its still the same shitstain that runs across my shoe, with the same color, same smell, same texture.

I need to buy new shoes.

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

So if you play a popular game like CSGO, you aren't actually liking games.

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

It doesn't matter if its sarcasm or not but boy you dumb as hell.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
A TF3 would end up as one of those monkey paw wishes. Where the developers are more concerned with representation and diversity. The final product would be another Overwatch.
Valve has not indicated they'd ever make TF3 about representation and diversity, that hasn't even been shown in any of their games since.... forever. Considering what they're doing for CS i'd imagine that any substantial update to TF2 would be similar- a source 2 port with a few additions

Buggy Loop

So now every Valve franchises are officially waiting on a sequel with number 3, the deed is done. Which will break the curse

Pulp Fiction Film GIF by hoppip

kicker

Banned
I know this is valve. Their marketing is usually short and to the point, but the way they dropped the videos makes me think they wanted to get this out to meet typical q1 reporting (end of march)
But then they're a private company so it wouldn't make sense to rush.

Still odd though.

Bragr

Banned
Can't expect people to actually understand why this is a big thing.
They are such boring takes too. How long has GAF been around, huh? I figured that with time atleast the quality of the garbage would change.

But no. Its still the same shitstain that runs across my shoe, with the same color, same smell, same texture.

I need to buy new shoes.

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

So if you play a popular game like CSGO, you aren't actually liking games.

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

It doesn't matter if its sarcasm or not but boy you dumb as hell.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF
I'm calling a psychologist. I didn't expect people to get trauma over my post to this extent.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wish I'd not sold my butterfly fade knife for 400 pounds....

Actually, yes I am.

But this will bring me back for a while. Looks sweet

JimRyanGOAT

Just watched Tariks stream

Looks like CS GO with Instagram filters

And I don't understand the tickless thing

And still not anti-cheat makes MM useless, which is why Faceit is so popular

Last edited:
But I'm quite sure I was playing cs 2 on 2004...?
Jokes aside, I'm glad it's still alive. You were our multiplayer trusty steed for years, when go released I stopped caring. But as always, long live the B-4-2!

Top Bottom