• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Had a lousy solo queue game today. Played Cobble and two teammates (sharing a clan tag) did nothing but buy scouts all game long. No matter how much money we had. Full buy or eco, they always went scout. To be fair, they actually did okay at the end of it all (13-16 loss) but it just tells you that they were not at all serious about winning in the first place.

Losing a close game isn't so bad. Having team mates who never gave a fuck from before clicking accept sucks.

Uriah

Never thought we would get to OT 2. When the game first came out the previous thread was moving so slowly.

udiie

I like the new maps, just not a particular fan of how the current operation was structured.

the drop rate/system completely shuttered the case economy in like 3 hours. pretty lame that the cases are worth less than 10 cents already.
edit: i actually dont mind the rate at which i am able to do missions though, and the actual mission paths, just think the cases should drop a little less than they do

Merkunt

Hello CS GAF, have been a lurker on GAF for a while now and I finally got accepted yesterday.
I only started playing CSGO in September and am only Silver III, I'm from Europe so if there are noobs like me around here, just add me, my steam id is the same as the one from neogaf. Happy fragging!

Omega

Banned
Had a lousy solo queue game today. Played Cobble and two teammates (sharing a clan tag) did nothing but buy scouts all game long. No matter how much money we had. Full buy or eco, they always went scout. To be fair, they actually did okay at the end of it all (13-16 loss) but it just tells you that they were not at all serious about winning in the first place.

Losing a close game isn't so bad. Having team mates who never gave a fuck from before clicking accept sucks.

solo queue is the worst. Had a match this morning with some dumbass people who would rather chase kills instead of planting the bomb. Just had a match where no one communicated at all. The only other words that came from a microphone that wasn't mine was "Hey dinosaur can I get your pistol? I want to use Charmander!"

i didn't even want to solo queue but some people aren't on and i wasn't invited.

ironmang

How do you search team history with steamid? A lot of people in game seem to know how to do this but I can't find ANYTHING with google. Just NA is fine. Legit-proof seems to be outdated and always down.

Sajjaja

How do you search team history with steamid? A lot of people in game seem to know how to do this but I can't find ANYTHING with google. Just NA is fine. Legit-proof seems to be outdated and always down.

When you're in game, goto the Steam Overlay and click view players. There should be a tab in the window that comes up that says Recent. It's kind of obtuse.

ironmang

When you're in game, goto the Steam Overlay and click view players. There should be a tab in the window that comes up that says Recent. It's kind of obtuse.

I'm looking for competitive history for example: Hiko played Season 17 for Cloud9. I've noticed people in game are always calling each other out over history or lack thereof and always forget to ask how they know so quick. (they do know cuz they'll say specific teams)

trolho

Neo Member
Yay, new thread. Was pretty much inactive in previous one, but will post more here. Need to do some matches with Euro GAF too if anyone wants. I'm only Nova 2 though, but I was Nova 4 at one point (matchmaking gods haven't been nice too me lately) :(

Genre: First-person multiplayer shooter & gambling simulator
Plattforms: PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PS3 (lol)
Prices: $14.99/13.99€/£11.99​

CoolS, where did you get these prices from? I thought CS:GO has been 10.99 euros for a while now. At least in my region.

cHinzo

Duo'd with my nephew to help him get to AK in the last two days. Finally did it with a 10-2 record I think. Felt like hard work man, but we did it. Now to find a reliable way to downrank again...

Oh and welcome to all the new guys!

Edit: why did nobody tell me about the EU CS GAF group?! I'm left out again!

wow new thread :D

After the new update, can ak rank play together with silver 3?
Because I saw that if rank difference is too high they cannot search game together

Ilúvatar

We've come so far *sniffle* I never thought we would outgrow our first thread.

In other news, what do people think the NA roster shakeups are going to look like?

CoolS

Yay, new thread. Was pretty much inactive in previous one, but will post more here. Need to do some matches with Euro GAF too if anyone wants. I'm only Nova 2 though, but I was Nova 4 at one point (matchmaking gods haven't been nice too me lately) :(

CoolS, where did you get these prices from? I thought CS:GO has been 10.99 euros for a while now. At least in my region.

I've been going by what it costs for me here in Germany and I didn't bother to check if its different elsewhere tbh :/ where are you from?

And come play with us.

Edit: why did nobody tell me about the EU CS GAF group?! I'm left out again!

It was in the old OP, talked about several times during the thread and even got his own fancy logo! What more do you want?

Great I also missed the first giveaway already

Yeah that sucks.

I've found I've been able to eliminate a significant number of moron teammates by not queuing up for Dust II. You'll still get idiots on other maps like you did, but I don't think it's been as bad as it was when I was constantly playing D2.

Mokoi

Banned
Ilúvatar;142461673 said:
We've come so far *sniffle* I never thought we would outgrow our first thread.

In other news, what do people think the NA roster shakeups are going to look like?
I really have no idea, but cloud 9 really need a change at this point. I really don't know who is going to get picked up, but sgares will get cut. I feel like people don't give sgares enough credit tho. Semphis will get cut too even though him and hiko are best buds. Besides adren who said he wants to come back to the pro scene I really don't know who they will try to recruit or if other players on the team leave. DaZed would be a great pick up for them, although watch him go back to IBP. lol

I'm not sure if dazed, and hiko have beef. I know for sure him, and semphis do. It's hard to say what's going to happen really. I'm not all that knowledgeable on the NA scene, but I do know so many people have beef. I'm just looking forward to what is going to happen.

Edit: Oh yeah be on the look out for next NA star Elige. He's on skdc. I just want to see him get picked up by a better team, so more people can be surprised that he uses such high sens. Has 1800dpi, but not sure what the exact sens is.

CoolS

I really have no idea, but cloud 9 really need a change at this point. I really don't know who is going to get picked up, but sgares will get cut. I feel like people don't give sgares enough credit tho. Semphis will get cut too even though him and hiko are best buds. Besides adren who said he wants to come back to the pro scene I really don't know who they will try to recruit or if other players on the team leave. DaZed would be a great pick up for them, although watch him go back to IBP. lol

I'm not sure if dazed, and hiko have beef. I know for sure him, and semphis do. It's hard to say what's going to happen really. I'm not all that knowledgeable on the NA scene, but I do know so many people have beef. I'm just looking forward to what is going to happen.

Edit: Oh yeah be on the look out for next NA star Elige. He's on skdc. I just want to see him get picked up by a better team, so more people can be surprised that he uses such high sens. Has 1800dpi, but not sure what the exact sens is.

I'm actually expecting n0thing to leave. Roumors and people keep popping up, saying that he might not want to play CS anymore. Which would be really sad. But I'm sure there will be some surprising things happening this week. Because right now the US scene can't compare to Europe.

ChrisW

Shame I can queue up with Chinzo, he's too high of a rank from me. He's trying to de-rank and I'm trying to rank-up but it just ain't happening

Omega

Banned
this game looks neat

p.s. omega has good aim
my rando team was bad :(

thanks :D. you had a nice 1tap when i was connector with auto lol

but yeah that was unfortunate. i think the bot was of more help than the guy that rage quit

im actually surprised i did well though, i had a rough day so my confidence was shot. I decided to play a game because I didn't want to end the night on a bad note. I think i had two 4ks and a 1v3 clutch.

NOooooo I missed page 1. :( Damn you smash bros!

Anyway, feels good to be on the 2nd OT, it shows the game made a huge progress. Next year is going to be massive for CS. I don't think we can ever compete with lol/dota2 because of the f2p nature but that's fine by me.

I hope we get some more support from Valve though, it's really up to them if it makes it or not. So many fixes that still have to be done, but they'd rather put in christmas lights and chicken hats.

CoolS

Anyway, feels good to be on the 2nd OT, it shows the game made a huge progress. Next year is going to be massive for CS. I don't think we can ever compete with lol/dota2 because of the f2p nature but that's fine by me.

I hope we get some more support from Valve though, it's really up to them if it makes it or not. So many fixes that still have to be done, but they'd rather put in christmas lights and chicken hats.
I still feel like we get a lot of fixes requested by the community. They just do them all at once if they do them. I hope they continue with the improvements from DH Winter feedback this week (CZ nerf!)

I still feel like we get a lot of fixes requested by the community. They just do them all at once if they do them. I hope they continue with the improvements from DH Winter feedback this week (CZ nerf!)

We do, but there are still a few elementary fixes that need to be done.

CZ nerf like you mentioned.
64 tick servers.
screwed up hitboxes (while jumping)
unranked matchmaking
fps issues (scoreboard, smokes)
smokes

CoolS

We do, but there are still a few elementary fixes that need to be done.

CZ nerf like you mentioned.
64 tick servers.
screwed up hitboxes (while jumping)
unranked matchmaking
fps issues (scoreboard, smokes)
smokes

CZ nerf will come eventually and wasn't going to happen before DH anyway
64 tick is never going to change.
Agreed.
Probably won't happen either.
I always forget about this but you are right that and the smoked need fixing. Though i wodner why they haven't done anythings about the smokes yet, it's been liek this forever.

My third post on gaf was in csgo gaf thread on 9/11

now im in top 5 on wall of shame :(
You're a special case though :p

I just noticed your tag. Do you work at Larian? If you do, I just wanted to congratulate and thank you for releasing my personal game of the year.

What is the reason unranked matchmaking isn't in the game? Does Valve fell it overlaps with casual or that it would cannibalize ranked games or what?

Oreoleo

Hey, a new thread. Swell!

I haven't played in a few months (god dammit, Dota), but randomly played a game of ranked the other day (ended up on Nuke). Went in cold, no practice or warm up or nothin', got a 4k on the pistol round, won the match like 16-3 (starting on T side!), and got calibrated to Gold Nova 4. Shit's like riding a bike, felt good.

Cheers fellas!

Morzak

Uh a new OT and I didn't even get to know the old one well enough before it was put down :/

Hello CS GAF, have been a lurker on GAF for a while now and I finally got accepted yesterday.
I only started playing CSGO in September and am only Silver III, I'm from Europe so if there are noobs like me around here, just add me, my steam id is the same as the one from neogaf. Happy fragging!

You can add me if you want I'm Silver Elite Master at the moment. Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970356432 anyone else that wants to play with me feel free to add me :)

I think I'm gonna learn some smokes on mirage and cache

Top Bottom