• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Spookie

I should have saved the money and aimed for a 144hz monitor. I suspect that will be a HUGE upgrade for FPS gaming.

You have no idea. Playing CS & Dota 2 on a 144hz monitor: it's buttery smooth. Still at this point you might as well wait for a Gsync/FreeSync war to begin and pick up a monitor when the prices drop.

ChrisW

You have no idea. Playing CS & Dota 2 on a 144hz monitor: it's buttery smooth. Still at this point you might as well wait for a Gsync/FreeSync war to begin and pick up a monitor when the prices drop.

Do any of you use V-Sync when playing GO? It makes my mouse feel our of sync with my movements, feels really floaty

Odah

Banned
Today I killed a Legendary Eagle with the best fake ever. I was coming outside from connector on Mirage to mid while he was aiming from A ramps towards mid connector and we both knew where the other person was.

I knew that I was fucked cus he had an awp and me only a M4s with 10 bullets or something so I had to think fast, then I got an idea!

I quickly switched to pistol and threw it outside to mid and then quickly peeked around the corner. While I was peeking he turned around for a split sec. cus he thought I was throwing a flashbang lol

Got him.

Nova 3 tactis best tacts.

Spookie

Good luck waiting ages.

Isn't the new display port iteration just around the corner? I thought it was confirmed for Spring next year?

Do any of you use V-Sync when playing GO? It makes my mouse feel our of sync with my movements, feels really floaty

My FPS don't hit 144, they hover around 120 mark. If it gets closer to 144 I just increase the AA to make sure it doesn't start to tear.

Ludono

How can I NOT bet on SNSD????

rxjb.jpg

Morzak

So back to Silver Elite... played bad yesterday evening and today in addition to having some of the worst teams I ever experienced.....

Yeah a 120/144Hz Monitor is really nice, wouldn't want to go back to anything else.

What are you guys using for Soundsettings in game? I have a Asus Xonar with DolbyHeadphone. But as soon as I set the game to 5.1 in game the sound goes crazy and comes from every direction. I guess I will keep it on Stereo

ChrisW

So back to Silver Elite... played bad yesterday evening and today in addition to having some of the worst teams I ever experienced.....

Yeah a 120/144Hz Monitor is really nice, wouldn't want to go back to anything else.

What are you guys using for Soundsettings in game? I have a Asus Xonar with DolbyHeadphone. But as soon as I set the game to 5.1 in game the sound goes crazy and comes from every direction. I guess I will keep it on Stereo

That's something I wanted to ask about actually, how do you change the sound settings in detail + is there a way to turn down chat volume, but not in-game volume? I play with a few people and they're fun to chat to, but sometimes distracting

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I remember making that change a while ago, having vsync without tearing screen or without and uncapped frame rate, I opted for the latter.

garath

Oh man, Dota 2 and CSGO in particular are so good in 120+Hz.

Yeah. I had it earmarked for next year when the next wave of Gsync monitors hit and I'd get a bonus from work but bonuses are on hold company wide so I may be waiting a bit longer.

I'm perfectly ok spending $250 when the time comes. If I was going to buy something RIGHT NOW I'd get the ASUS VG248QE. No Gsync but a good price for 144hz.

For real. I was playing CS a couple days ago and was confused as to why it was so choppy and bordering on unplayable. (Well, not really unplayable but I was having a hard time reliably placing my crosshair.)
Turns out I forgot to set the refresh rate of my monitors from 60Hz to 144Hz the other day after I reconfigured my setup for work related reasons.

It's just like 30 vs 60: once you get used to 60, 30 is forever ruined. =(

garath

Strangely enough, compared to spending hundreds on League of Legends, I haven't spent a dime on CS:GO. In fact I've made money off of it lol.

I'd love a knife at some point though. And I am stocking up on cases :( Latest operation cases are practically worthless with the way they do missions now.

Hmm.. I always thought that happened the more skins and knives you buy... brb buying headphones lol
Other way around in reality, the universe gifts you more skins as you gain skill. Buy headphones: get skins.

In all seriousness though, I recommend playing with a nice set of cans. I used to get quite a lot of grief for "being deaf" with my old setup.
My current headphones let me hear pretty much everything. If I could hear any farther across the map, I would probably hear the enemy team buying their guns at spawn. =P

I am upset :( although I kinda dislike the burn them all one, might take that off
Yeah, I think it would look really good if the molly sticker was removed. The Bish Bash Bosh matches the colours of the case hardening. Nice skin, man.

They're amazing. No "gaming" headphones - but I dont believe in marketing terms like that anyways. Just very competent music headphones lol.

So where's mah skill and skinz? :p
The headphones have done their part. The rest is up to you, mayhem. ; )

Haroon

Yeah. They kinda are.

I have a long history of using Sennheiser headsets but in the quest for better sound, I ended up purchasing Philips Fidelio X1s and a V-moda boom mic earlier this year. Best sound I've ever experienced - both music and games.

X1s

V-moda mic

You should upgrade to a blue yeti. Become the microphone.

Isn't the new display port iteration just around the corner? I thought it was confirmed for Spring next year?

My FPS don't hit 144, they hover around 120 mark. If it gets closer to 144 I just increase the AA to make sure it doesn't start to tear.

I bet Gsync will take a while for the price to drop. That's what I mean. The module is pretty expensive.

Going to switch from a hardpad (Steelseries 4HD) to a softpad. Any recommendations?

Switching solely to preserve the pad under my mouse. Hardpads are known to wear it out faster.

Omega

Banned
If I put my Lightning Strike on KPV vs Dignitas I can win $295.
It's kind of sad that I'm actually considering this a little. Dig is awful, this could be an upset with new roster and all.

CoolS

Other way around in reality, the universe gifts you more skins as you gain skill. Buy headphones: get skins.

In all seriousness though, I recommend playing with a nice set of cans. I used to get quite a lot of grief for "being deaf" with my old setup.
My current headphones let me hear pretty much everything. If I could hear any farther across the map, I would probably hear the enemy team buying their guns at spawn. =P

I use a pretty inexpensive gaming headset, The Creative Fatal1ty, which is pretty good for that price. I might treat myself to something nice soonish now that I'm working though.

Had a nice game just now with Xizk and co. We had a really great T side and then lost too many CT rounds. I think we got a bit overconfident at some point. Some really nice eco rounds and clutches though. And I am really happy that I'm finally able to perform on GNM-MG2 level, even though I'm not playing that much anymore.

CoolS

I bet Gsync will take a while for the price to drop. That's what I mean. The module is pretty expensive.

Going to switch from a hardpad (Steelseries 4HD) to a softpad. Any recommendations?

Switching solely to preserve the pad under my mouse. Hardpads are known to wear it out faster.

Stay with Steelseries and go for a SteelSeries QcK+ or even a Heavy depending on your settings. It's really, really nice. I've been using the QcK since forever. I actually bought a new one since i spilled some food over the old one a while ago. Maybe I should upgrade to a QcK+ since I lowered my sensitivity a lot a few months back.

Whoops, dp :/

My surface is pretty even (glass table), so I don't think I would need a SS Heavy. SS QCK+ sounds pretty good.

Well thanks for the advice.

udiie

I used to use a soft pad for my mouse but I found even the slightest give in the fabric would tip my aim slightly when clicking. Switched over to a hard one and haven't looked back

Well there is the added benefit of switching from hard to soft as well. It'll get rid of the glide I normally have with hard pads.

CoolS

Giving away my favourite USP-S skins. Upgraded to Factory New myself, but this one looks just as good :) And it served my well for a long time now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

USP-S | Stainless (MW) -- MB-EAA0F247EA05DD8B - Taken by Odah. 10 entrants total.

360fx360f

t1418168195z1.png

garath

Giving away my favourite USP-S skins. Upgraded to Factory New myself, but this one looks just as good :) And it served my well for a long time now.

Nice :) That's a good looking pistol. It's one of the few weapons I don't even have a crappy 10 cent skin for. Entered :)

CoolS

Nice :) That's a good looking pistol. It's one of the few weapons I don't even have a crappy 10 cent skin for. Entered :)

Yup, it's so nice and simple. I'll probably never use a different USP-S skin.

Oh and I added the CS GAF server and some links to the OP.

udiie

Idea:

We should do a GAF CSGO tournament.

There has to be a pricepool too which could consist purely out of keys.

Example: Everyone who want's to participate in the tournament will have to pay 1 key. A reliable person from csgo GAF will keep them all in his inventory and the winning team of the tournament will win the keys.

Depending on how many people will participate we could even do a 3rd, 2nd and 1st place price.

Example 1:

We only can bring together 10 people = 10 keys = 2x 5 Teams = Winner team gets 10 keys = 2 keys for everyone

Example 2: Somehow we can bring together...let's say 20 people = 20 keys = 4 teams

Which would look like this:

ab2c804bf9.png

!

I must say, I actually really dig this idea. Although, I'd think it'd be better if we played regionally, like NA vs. NA or EU vs. EU because otherwise the ping would become too much of an advantage.
The only issue would be making even teams

Morzak

Oh my that was some experience.... Won a match on Mirage, didn't play that well second most frags and we won, the opposing team accused me of cheating... next match I get matched up with them I assume 3 or 4 stack. Continued to play not that well and we're loosing. They get really mad and tell me to turn on the cheats...... after the half they start TK me. I couldn't understand the voicechat that was probably in Polish, but they got really really mad when I told them they should push out together....

Top Bottom