• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

jordisok

Can't believe this actually made it to OT2! Congrats.

CS:GO growing everywhere but nice to see the old thread moving even if I haven't played for a few months, need to get back into it though.

chessnut

lol someone posted a thread on reddit about someone filing a takedown of the griffin m4 on the market. Price was at $6 so i figured I'd buy one, check 10 minutes later and its $30 :x

factory new stat trak went from 56 to 150 lol

cresto

lol someone posted a thread on reddit about someone filing a takedown of the griffin m4 on the market. Price was at $6 so i figured I'd buy one, check 10 minutes later and its $30 :x

Holy shit people jump on that sort of thing right away. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

ChrisW

Can't believe I had one and traded it a week back =/ that's just bad luck.

I'm calling it a night with CS, my eyes are tired and I think i'm getting a bit sick :(

So in the spirit of a new thread and how long it's been since some people may have updated their PC's. How about we share some of the upgrades that you've done to your machines or desks in the past 2 years up to this point, with maybe an image too?
Well since no one else but Atsuo felt like joining in, I'll try to kickstart this again.

Over the last two years, I've gone from a fairly average PC to the dream setup I kept telling myself I'd have one day. One day I just said fuck it, and started upgrading everything.
Started with an old 60hz Samsung, GTX 460, g15 keyboard, mx revolution mouse, and a cheap pair of Sennheiser headphones.

Added 3x Asus VG248QE, 2x GTX 670 to drive them, replaced the g15 with a Filco MT2, added a g700 and Sensei RAW for mice, and replaced the old headphones with a set of AKG Q-701 paired with an M-Stage HPA-2.
I was broke for a long time after getting this setup. No regrets.

1qfj1e.png

And because games (especially CS) are best enjoyed when drinking, I installed a sophisticated beer dispensing system next to my desk.

2evkdw.png

Bagel is living the dream!

My SS Qck Heavy came in yesterday and I'm really digging it. Also, I'm gunna be getting a new pc soon, it's been about 4 years since I've upgraded.

cresto

Well since no one else but Atsuo felt like joining in, I'll try to kickstart this again.

Over the last two years, I've gone from a fairly average PC to the dream setup I kept telling myself I'd have one day. One day I just said fuck it, and started upgrading everything.
Started with an old 60hz Samsung, GTX 460, g15 keyboard, mx revolution mouse, and a cheap pair of Sennheiser headphones.

Added 3x Asus VG248QE, 2x GTX 670 to drive them, replaced the g15 with a Filco MT2, added a g700 and Sensei RAW for mice, and replaced the old headphones with a set of AKG Q-701 paired with an M-Stage HPA-2.
I was broke for a long time after getting this setup. No regrets.

1qfj1e.png

And because games (especially CS) are best enjoyed when drinking, I installed a sophisticated beer dispensing system next to my desk.

2evkdw.png

How do you keep your beer chilled? Don't tell me you are one of those freaks who enjoys luke warm beer...

NA scene looks like a complete clusterfuck....dazed apparently left torqued already.

*edit* FT Griffin just jumped to ~$5....WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOO?!

cresto

NA scene looks like a complete clusterfuck....dazed apparently left torqued already.

*edit* FT Griffin just jumped to ~$5....WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOO?!

Hold on to it? No reason to sell it. It's a decent skin and if it is true that it's a rip off then that price will go even higher.

NA scene just can't compete with Europe sadly. I don't get it, but I hope it continues to grow out here. There is definitely a lot of interest. Just too many sour apples.

How do you keep your beer chilled? Don't tell me you are one of those freaks who enjoys luke warm beer...
The last thing that was in that was a chocolate double IPA, although I'm more inclined to call it a hoppy porter. Tasted better when warm.
The mark of a good beer is that it tastes good at any temperature. If a beer tastes better when cold it's because the cold hides the actual flavour.

If there were something else in it, I'd likely chill it. Probably cool it down a tad when I know I'm going to use it, then just sit it back in place. They stay cool for hours, benefit of being pressurized. =)

Omega

Banned

only temporary though as I'm slowly changing up the layout of my room, getting a new desk. Top left corner what you can barely see is my second monitor that I'm currently not using.

I got those headsets for super cheap, plus it matches the whole black/red theme I want to go with (case fucks it up, but I'm building a new rig soon). I got a pair of VMODAs but I'm too lazy to get red plates right now, I only play CS so the Sennheiser's are good enough.

and my red chrome controller for the 20 minutes a month I play Guacamelee.

Haroon

Hey man, what headphones are those?

only temporary though as I'm slowly changing up the layout of my room, getting a new desk. Top left corner what you can barely see is my second monitor that I'm currently using.

I got those headsets for super cheap, plus is matches the whole black/red theme I want to go with (case fucks it up, but I'm building a new rig soon). I got a pair of VMODAs but I'm too lazy to get red plates right now, I only play CS so the Sennheiser's are good enough.

I got the same mousepad!

Goddamnit. Why can't I ever get lucky when stupid shit like this goes down :(

only temporary though as I'm slowly changing up the layout of my room, getting a new desk. Top left corner what you can barely see is my second monitor that I'm currently not using.

I got those headsets for super cheap, plus it matches the whole black/red theme I want to go with (case fucks it up, but I'm building a new rig soon). I got a pair of VMODAs but I'm too lazy to get red plates right now, I only play CS so the Sennheiser's are good enough.

And I see behind your monitor, your setup also features a sophisticated beverage delivery system. Nice setup.

Omega

Banned
Figure I'll ask here first since I like you guys so much. I bought Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition ($60) but the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm probably never going to play it.

I haven't completely decided on it yet, but if I resell it I'm looking for $45. PM if interested

And I see behind your monitor, your setup also features a sophisticated beverage delivery system. Nice setup.
lol thanks. I need to step my game up though. My beverage system is nowhere near yours

1. Make art that looks like one of the guns.
2. By large qualities of this gun
3. Claim the gun ripped off your idea
4. Profit

Hell depending on how much these gun artists get payed it could conceivably be more profitable to file a claim against your own gun.

I'll join in, prepare for disappointment and a lot of clutter.

Rocking a single screen. Still holding back a little bit to upgrade but I'm looking into getting a 144z screen. Besides that, all pretty basic stuff. I like my ambient lights though, they pick up the colours from games (like csgo) to add to IMMERSION!! I also like my fancy ass overpriced gaming chair. I should probably upgrade my pc properly though.

Omega

Banned
who do you even pick up if you drop Hiko? Hes the only consistent player on that team, and probably the only consistent player in NA.

unless he's leaving on his own to lead an EG team.

cresto

The last thing that was in that was a chocolate double IPA, although I'm more inclined to call it a hoppy porter. Tasted better when warm.
The mark of a good beer is that it tastes good at any temperature. If a beer tastes better when cold it's because the cold hides the actual flavour.

If there were something else in it, I'd likely chill it. Probably cool it down a tad when I know I'm going to use it, then just sit it back in place. They stay cool for hours, benefit of being pressurized. =)

You seem to know your beer. You should come to colorado and check it all out. It's insane out here. Every day a new brewery pops up

You seem to know your beer. You should come to colorado and check it all out. It's insane out here. Every day a new brewery pops up
Four and a half thousand miles is a bit farther than I'm used to for a pub crawl, but I think I can make an exception. I've been meaning to hop the pond at some point for a holiday.

udiie

heres my messy, dark, cable ridden setup
best part about it is the bias lighting i set up when i put the desk together
image also features my new "smurf account"

also: fuck me for selling my griffin a few days ago. FUCK

Odah

Banned
The Griffin hype is too stronk lol

BUT GUYS BECAUSE OF THAT I JUST UNBOXED MY FIRST KNIFE EVER <3

647b0d9737.jpg

22fab1e585.jpg

M9 Bayonet MW, looks like FN tho

fucking happy right now :D

fuck the Griffins I got THIS beautiy <3

Omega

Banned
m9 bayos for everyone but me

gaben wont even give me my $5 back ;_;

congrats. make sure to shank someone for me

Spookie

I've given up on crates. They are like inferior Dota 2 treasures. :(

Also my luck is fucking awful. Nothing but shitty commons.

Odah

Banned
I recorded the case opening, should I upload it on youtube? (no voice from me tho, dunno why that got cut out)

Actually I wanted to get a Griffin. I had like 20 keys or something and was SO pissed by all the griffin teases but I never got one....until I got the knife

Lourio

Here's my cluttered setup. Only temporary until I finish my basement office.
IMG_2314.jpg

Cresto, I need a beer dispenser like that - that's awesome lol.

M9 Bayonet MW, looks like FN tho

Odah bro, you definitely got a horseshoe up you know what! Gratz!

Haroon

AKG Q-701. They sound glorious. And they come pretty highly recommended by PC GAF for positional sound, so perfect for CS.

Wait... I'm not enabling your headphone collecting addiction am I?

I had those before. I gave them to a friend. I had the green colored version of it.

Radix

Neo Member
I temporarily switched from Stretched 1440x1080(4:3) back to 1920x1080.

Hallways and doorways look so narrow and player models look so thin. I don't know if I like 16:9 anymore.

Odah

Banned
Apparently the M4A4 is getting the Howl treatment?

Just snagged a MW for 11€.

DON'T BUY THEM

TO EVERYONE HERE: DONT BUY THE GRIFFINS RIGHT NOW.

Only sell them!!!

Even if they go contraband THEY WILL NOT GET THE SAME TREATMENT and here is why:

1. The M4 Howl was already a covert (red) skins which means it was already rare before it got discontinued. Therefore there werent many on the market or in anyones inventory.

2. The Griffin is a purple skin which means there are THOUSANDS of them on them market or in anyones inventories. = Less demand even when its contraband.

3. The DMCA file might get declined anyways so everyone just bought them for nothing.

IF YOU HAVE A GRIFFIN SELL IT NOW BUT DONT BUY THEM

Odah

Banned
TY everyone for congratulating me :D

and also thank you for supporting my betting addiction :3

atleast I can't bet the knife away

I would If I could

Top Bottom