• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Sony exec cautious about releasing too many HD remasters

Yeah, I'm fine with HD Remasters as long as they don't eat up to many ressources and prevent new games from beeing done.

I actually bought The Last Of Us again and I'm totally gonna buy Journey on Ps4.

Poona

I wish they had done an arkham asylum/arkham city (maybe arkham origins) remaster to somewhat make up for the delay of arkham knight.

number47

I wish they had done an arkham asylum/arkham city (maybe arkham origins) remaster to somewhat make up for the delay of arkham knight.

"this fall, asylum,city,origins box featuring all the goty this holiday season for those needing to catch up on the batman franchise before batman/superman comes next spring!"

sony needs to make cheap (($2-$5,like mobile apps))
ps1 ((not sony exclusives))
classics hd and just dump them on the vita.at least that will help the tv sales and for $100.

Shutts

Neo Member
From a purely selfish perspective... I hope they release lots of quality remasters. I didn't own any of the last gen consoles and missed a lot of good stuff!

mao2

I'm still waiting for HD Remasters of Level-5 titles (Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy, Jeanne d'Arc), Ape Escape 3 and Wild Arms 5. Do it SCE.

Shin-Ra

Rain, puppeteer,Tokyo jungle. These games deserve a remaster of sorts.
I don't think presentable assets for Tokyo Jungle exist.. Improved image quality is always appreciated if you're a fan of the game though.

Well they can't tell 3rd parties what to do but when it comes to Sony's games don't all of these remasters eat into their PSNow push? Hypothetically, what's the point of boasting that you can play The Last of Us on PSNow when I can turn around and just purchase The Last of Us Remastered for the Playstation 4.

If anything I think their insistence on remasters is going to hurt PSNow in the long run if there are no games to push people to purchase the service.
TLoU:R on PS4 - mostly improved over the original, only on PS4.
TLoU PS3 on PS Now - degraded (video compression, input latency) PS3 version experience but only limited to a device with good video streaming capabilities and USB/Bluetooth controller connectivity.

PS Now is for people not willing to buy a whole dedicated gaming machine, or those so desperate for backward compatibility, they'll play a degraded experience.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
"this fall, asylum,city,origins box featuring all the goty this holiday season for those needing to catch up on the batman franchise before batman/superman comes next spring!"

sony needs to make cheap (($2-$5,like mobile apps))
ps1 ((not sony exclusives))
classics hd and just dump them on the vita.at least that will help the tv sales and for $100.
Make $2-$5?

Right....gaf cracks me up sometimes.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Why would a Sony exec feel the need to even comment on this? Most rational people understand that there so almost no downside to rereleasing last gen games on current gen.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why would a Sony exec feel the need to even comment on this? Most rational people understand that there so almost no downside to rereleasing last gen games on current gen.
Around Gamescom all kinds of outlets get time to interview the bosses for the company doing press conferences.

It is customary in such interviews to reply.

KAL2006

Banned
There are a lot of games that 360 only owners have not played from PS3 that deserve a re-release. They already have Journey, The Unfinished Swan, The Last of Us which I great choices. I don't thing games like Resistance and Killzone are in need of a re-releases as they are generic and not that memorable as their are plenty of current gen shooters to choose from. However an Uncharted Collection, Puppeteer, Beyond, Wipeout HD (with 2048), God of War III (with Ascention), Ratchet Future Collection, Sly Thieves in Time and Twisted Metal would all be great choices.

Hahs

you can't have too many of these things otherwise next-gen just looks like rehashed last-gen

...with the exception to GTA V - I'm already sick of hearing about re-masters for this generation. What the fuck, they want us to play everything twice now? I don't care how selective they are in what's remastered - there's too much fucking redundancy already!

A new generation of consoles needs new IP's and new sequels. I got my last-gen consoles to play all that old shit. Geezus!

Top Bottom