• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Looks good. Is it normal, though, for a pilot that hasn't been picked up to be hyped this much?

How can we not be hyped for this
arrow-gifs-9-barry.gif

Arrow is awesome, they introduced Barry right [+ great actor is portraying him], and that moment when accelerator blew was sooooo awesome. I really did not expect it to happen so soon.

tumblr_mxoessCBUI1rsagqio1_250.gif

Looks decent but like already said, will need to wait for a full body shot.

Looks good. Is it normal, though, for a pilot that hasn't been picked up to be hyped this much?
Umm, hasn't it been pretty much confirmed to be picked up? There's no way they'd push this so hard if they weren't gonna at least do 13 episodes

Yeah, it's pretty much a given this will go to series just from the people involved. Also helps that it'll be on a network that WB owns half of. Kind of hoping it airs before Arrow. That at least to me would make sense, especially for an occasional cross over and just have the DC super hero block..

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Pretty, pretty good. Modern and realistic enough, yet very respectful. I hope the rest of the suit is as good as the mask.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The costume is giving me Cap vibes from The First Avenger. Not good. I think a lot of it comes down to how they handle the chin, which nobody seems to be able to get right.

DieH@rd

Banned
Cap has totally different form, he had full-on helmet that allowed him to move head with no restrictions.
6njmqijjcatrorxqp9rzkw7bt1.jpg

Flash has much more comicbooky design, but done in a great way.

I guess since production stars next week, no Patty in the pilot. How can they overlook such an important character? Danielle Panabker's role must be pretty substantial then...

ReiGun

Yeah, it's pretty much a given this will go to series just from the people involved. Also helps that it'll be on a network that WB owns half of. Kind of hoping it airs before Arrow. That at least to me would make sense, especially for an occasional cross over and just have the DC super hero block..
CW would be crazy not to have this on next to Arrow.

ReiGun

It is refreshing to see WB/DC hyping a project featuring a character that doesn't have an S or a bat on their chest.

I'm pretty sure this will replace The Tomorrow People right after Arrow. Gotta have the huge lead in to the new series.

If The Tomorrow People gets renewed, it will probably move to a different night (Friday's?)

Second season.

Unless they replace this one with a cheaper suit, no way. With the exception of the cost of actors, budget usually get smaller as a show goes on if it stops drawing new viewers. Smallville kept using the same fucking sets in the final seasons, and the CGI and costumes were horrendous. The suit they use in Flash's pilot will be the most expensive looking one he gets.

Chin thing is a little n the large side, but I like it other than that. Still curious about whether this show will be good, but I am hopeful after Arrow.

I'm pretty sure this will replace The Tomorrow People right after Arrow. Gotta have the huge lead in to the new series.

If The Tomorrow People gets renewed, it will probably move to a different night (Friday's?)

The Tomorrow People's renewal is most likely going to be based on how it does on Mondays when it gets moved. It looks like Star-Crossed won't make it past its first season and having watched the first two episodes I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed, but that's a post for another topic. I imagine TTP will have to at least retain its Wednesday numbers on Monday to have any shot when it gets moved. Wednesday will certainly be open next season though.

CW and WB better be promoting the hell out of Flash before its premiere (and in turn Arrow, which they should be anyway) if it gets the green light.

Joni

They have an interesting problem on the scheduling front. They usually use Supernatural to launch the most important new show, see The Vampire Diaries, Arrow and The Originals, but they'll have Supernatural Tribes and The Flash as huge launches. I'm guessing they'll mix up the shows. Supernatural gets Flash and Arrow gets Tribes, with The Vampire Diaries getting their third show.

maxcriden

I guess since production stars next week, no Patty in the pilot. How can they overlook such an important character? Danielle Panabker's role must be pretty substantial then...

Here's hoping, though. She was legit good on No Ordinary Family. Plus, given who her character is in the comics mythology an expanded role for her would be interesting.

They have an interesting problem on the scheduling front. They usually use Supernatural to launch the most important new show, see The Vampire Diaries, Arrow and The Originals, but they'll have Supernatural Tribes and The Flash as huge launches. I'm guessing they'll mix up the shows. Supernatural gets Flash and Arrow gets Tribes, with The Vampire Diaries getting their third show.

Not to nay-say, and I see where you're coming from, but I would expect Arrow to launch Flash (at least in the first week) and Tomorrow People to get put somewhere else... hopefully not to just twist in the wind.

The Tomorrow People is due to move to Mondays on March 17th and I take back what I said about maintaining its ratings from Wednesday, it'll almost certainly have to do better seeing that it's only doing around half Arrow's ratings in the target demo. The Tomorrow People has no business being a 9PM show though.

maxcriden

The Tomorrow People is due to move to Mondays on March 17th and I take back what I said about maintaining its ratings from Wednesday, it'll almost certainly have to do better seeing that it's only doing around half Arrow's ratings in the target demo. The Tomorrow People has no business being a 9PM show though.

I'm really surprised it's going to have Star-Crossed (which has significantly worse rating IIRC, albeit on a Monday) as a lead-in. I could really see it crashing and burning, but I really hope I'm wrong.

rokero

looks like the new 52 Flash I'll wait until I see the full costume, right now the only things I don't like that they went with a leather look and the muted red , the mask looks awesome though

I updated the OP with the casting news so far and the shot of the costume. If anything major is missing, please let me know and I'll add it.

abundant

CW and WB better be promoting the hell out of Flash before its premiere (and in turn Arrow, which they should be anyway) if it gets the green light.

They don't need to IMO. The Originals had no lead in and wasn't heavily promoted, yet it retained most of the Vampire Diary fans. There's more hype behind Flash then there was for The Originals, so it should do great no mater where they place it.

Remember, this is the CW. Anything 1.0 or above is considered a success for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom