• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Momma Is So FLASH... Michelle Harrison Cast As Barry Allen's Mother

Pzo4Taw.jpg

Michelle Harrison has been cast as Nora Allen in CW's Flash series. As revealed in Grant Gustin's Arrow cameo, Barry knows that his mother was killed by a supernatural blur. At times, the show will focus on Barry trying to unravel the mystery behind his mother's death. Michelle, previously had a recurring role ('Jessica') on CW's short-lived medical drama, Emily Owens M.D..

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=95105#8RYOW2HAJUUzvxXt.99
She's hot. Stop holding out on Patty unless Emily Bett Rickard's Felicity is going to play that role...

Guesong

It's...hmm...

Considering the costume itself looks kind of ridiculous, I suppose this is excellent for what it is. I'll reserve final judgment for when a full photo comes out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Really like it. Can't wait to see the full costume.

ReiGun

The Flash's helmet was part I was most worried about, and it looks like they nailed it. Really like the material too.

A little more info from HitFix:
The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who already designed the costume Stephen Amell wears on "Arrow." It's only a head shot, so we don't know if the new suit will have sculpted muscles on it the way John Wesley Shipp's did on the late '80s CBS "Flash" series. But we can see that the suit appears to be made out of a tough leather (the better to help with wind resistance?), the famous lightning bolt earpiece looks to be a less obtrusive molded decoration, and the shade of red looks (at least in this lighting) to be darker than what we've traditionally seen on Barry Allen, Wally West or any of the other comic book Flashes. Again, we have to see the whole thing, but on first glance, it suggests an adaptation similar to the one that Ultimate Comics used on Captain America (and that was then borrowed for the Marvel movies).

Let me just edit the thread title for now unless you all think this is a big reveal.

I think it's pretty big...

Helmet looks better than I thought, but this is a promo photo lit to look as best as possible, plus, it's a side profile of the mask. I wanna see a full body shot, in motion.

But I think they've done a really, really good job.

KalBalboa

Banned
I like it. I think the photo's composition cuts his forehead off in a way that makes it look a bit big, but maybe it'll look fine when we see the full thing.

I think maybe a visor would look better than the eye holes, but it looks good as is.

I hope they explain it off as some ultra high-tech composite instead of leather, haha.

I'm a little torn. He looks like Kid Flash in that mask just because of how young a face he has, but I don't know how they could have counteracted that without a different actor (and I think the actor's great). Other than that, the design looks fine. 'd need to see the rest of it before I can say it looks good.

gazele

Banned
Looks good to me! The chin looks a little weird…and goggles would have been cool, but for TV it's very nice, can't wait for this show!

gazele

Banned
Is it weird that I'm way more into Marvel movies and comics and more into DC for tv shows? (at least until the netflix shows come on)

NoTacos

The suit needs to be slimming. Yeah he's a superhero but Flash isn't known for his strength.

And if need be put him on the Stephen Amell workout, not that extreme but similar.

gazele

Banned
The suit needs to be slimming. Yeah he's a superhero but Flash isn't known for his strength.

And if need be put him on the Stephen Amell workout, not that extreme but similar.

Haha, i hope they mock the Amell work out scenes, by him trying to do one pull up on a salmon bar and not being able to do it then just goes "force = mass x acceleration and I got dat acceleration"

DieH@rd

Banned
Something tells me the suit won't be as appealing as the helmet.

It looks to me like he has leather jacket that will be worn above full body layer of leather. It could go good or bad, we shall see.

And don't forget people this could only be his 1st suit. Later on he will maybe get some fancy SpeedForce-infused alien/spandexy suit.

styl3s

I will vomit if they give him a muscle suit.

Needs to be extremely slimming.

Looks good. Is it normal, though, for a pilot that hasn't been picked up to be hyped this much?

I think they did such a really good job introducing him on Arrow and the Arrow team obviously "gets" the perfect blend of fanboy service and good TV that expectations are high with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom