• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
This pic has been making the rounds as a potential costume, but take it with a giant grain of salt

1507171_780199442008957_2066382324_n.jpg

they can half copy US speed skaters

skate1_wide-62d7783bd8864da4c6f8ede4af60fc15aab58b53-s6-c30.jpg

skate2_custom-25d3f8e7fd9d29dc82d9cd66b4e4f1fd131dd6f6-s6-c30.jpg

Joni

(DCAU) Lex always looked and sounded Black to me.
Maybe he wasn't intended that way, but he sure looked it..
Especially the lips bother me when someone claims he is actually white. All black males used the same lip style. The white characters on the show had just a line as lips.

It's worked out well for Kingpin (Daredevil movie), Lex Luthor (DCAU) & Nick Fury (Ultimate Marvel & MCU). No reason it won't be the same here. Race is not something that defines most characters. It changes nothing about who they are, just how they look.

Would it have really mattered if The Joker was hispanic? or if Aquaman was actually an Islander or Bruce Banner was Half Asian?

Lex luthor was not black in DCAU, the MCU Nick fury is based off ultimate nick fury so there was no race change, and it made no difference in daredevil since the movie sucked anyway. And yes changing race does matter. Imagine if DC whitewashed Cassandra Cain or turned blade into a Hispanic dude.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Soo, I thought the first few episodes I saw of Arrow were pretty silly and not exciting at all, but I thought the same about Smallville, which I ended up liking at least enough to watch the final 3-or-so seasons. I never loved it though and always thought the best thing about it were the actual comic cameos 'n shit.

Is Arrow pretty much the same, just with GA instead of Supes, or is it actually objectively better/more exciting/more fun?

Soo, I thought the first few episodes I saw of Arrow were pretty silly and not exciting at all, but I thought the same about Smallville, which I ended up liking at least enough to watch the final 3-or-so seasons. I never loved it though and always thought the best thing about it were the actual comic cameos 'n shit.

Is Arrow pretty much the same, just with GA instead of Supes, or is it actually objectively better/more exciting/more fun?

Arrow is less campy and has much better action sequences than Smallville. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a bit more Nolan-esque in its execution. Still has a fair bit of the signature CW relationship drama (especially S1) though.

Arrow is much better. It does a very good job of using the lesser known villains (some are well-known like Deathstroke or Deadshot or Firefly) and grounding them into reality. I didn't like the show at first either.

obin_gam

Arrow is less campy and has much better action sequences than Smallville. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a bit more Nolan-esque in its execution. Still has a fair bit of the signature CW relationship drama (especially S1) though.

It downright takes scenes and dialogue from Nolans films so of course it's gonna be nolanesque.

I would also argue to skip the first season and just watch the recap-episode (called "Secret Origins" if I remember correctly?) and then just jump into season 2.

Joni

I think we had a list in the Arrow S2 topic of the first season must-see episodes. The firefly episode, the appearance of Dark Archer, the Vertigo episodes and the last 5-6 episodes are must-see.

gazele

Banned
Damn, that suit looks awesome! Sucks its a fake, probably will be worse than that, but oh well, so so hyped for this show

I agree, Flash shouldn't be jacked, slim and trim all the way

The title of the official thread for season 1 is gonna be 'gotta go fast' right?

Damn, that suit looks awesome! Sucks its a fake, probably will be worse than that, but oh well, so so hyped for this show

I agree, Flash shouldn't be jacked, slim and trim all the way

The title of the official thread for season 1 is gonna be 'gotta go fast' right?

AND WE'RE DONE HERE.

Captain Cold is often the de facto leader of the Rogues, a group of Flash villains. Originally, he forms the group when he and the other villains realize they don't stand a chance against the Flash alone. Over time, they become a surrogate family to one another. The whole thing is that they are a band of thieves with a code of honor. Cold and his boys are not insane or want to take over the world like other villains; they're blue collar types who just want to make money and get on with their lives. They watch each other's backs and have a no kill policy; they'll flat out abandon a job if it puts innocent lives in danger. They won't even kill the Flash, despite knowing that they could do it with a team effort.

I haven't read much Flash stuff, but I love the Rogues in everything I've seen them in and they're a big reason I'm excited for this show.

What makes this absurd is the powering up the Flash. Him dealing with pretty much street level super villains ruins it. Like Superman dealing with the Penguin.

What makes this absurd is the powering up the Flash. Him dealing with pretty much street level super villains ruins it. Like Superman dealing with the Penguin.

We don't know what's the extent of Barry's abilities. It'll probably be a lot more grounded and stripped than some of the outlandish stuff he gets up to in the comics. Plus, I have a feeling that most of Flash's villains will be tech enhanced or people powered by the pulse.

Well he's got to learn how to use his powers effectively first. Arrow's story has his training builty in and with the dual storytelling of the past and present, the viewers didn't have to watch an entire season of Ollie being useless before he learned anything. Barry doesn't have that benefit. He'll go from an assistant forensic scientist to having super speed with no combat training and probably no creative uses for the speed at first.

I hope this means Zach Braff will show up as a lab assistant or something.

Or Sarah Chalke as a villain...

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...ustins-flash-will-survive-even-if-show-fails/

Grant Gustin raced into Arrow viewers’ hearts as Barry Allen over the course of two season two episodes, “The Scientist” and “Three Ghosts.” In fact, as of now, it’s full speed ahead on a full-fledged Flash series, with casting well underway for The CW’s latest superhero pilot.

Still, even if Flash doesn’t move forward, that won’t be the end of Barry Allen — at least not according to Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti.

“Fingers crossed we don’t screw it up and he gets his own show,” he told Digital Spy. “If he didn’t, I don’t think we would ever want to let Grant go. He’s too valuable. That would be our hope, I think – no matter what, to keep Barry part of the universe.”

It’s reassuring news for fans of Gustin’s charming turn as Allen, but of course, keeping that charm alive for a show all its own remains Berlanti’s priority. As for the differences between a series like The Flash and the veteran Arrow, Berlanti said it all comes down to the two lead characters.

“We often talk about how Oliver comes off like a pessimist, but deep down he’s an optimist and has hope,” he said. “Barry lost his mother at a very young age, his father was sent to prison for murdering his mom, he went through a lot of stuff – on the surface he’s bubbly and upbeat and seems like an optimist, but deep down maybe there’s no hope left.”

“So they’re a really nice contrast to each other and the show functions in that way, I think,” he continued. “Certainly in the pilot script Barry has an effervescence and a lightness, but there’s still a dark well beneath that.”

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I fucking love Tom Cavanaugh. I've been needing my fix since there hasn't been a new Mike & Tom Eat Snacks episode in forever.

Good looking cast so far

CW, expect nothing less.

Lex luthor was not black in DCAU, the MCU Nick fury is based off ultimate nick fury so there was no race change, and it made no difference in daredevil since the movie sucked anyway. And yes changing race does matter. Imagine if DC whitewashed Cassandra Cain or turned blade into a Hispanic dude.

For most characters, their races does not factor much into their origins. Notable exceptions include Captain America, but by and large the only reason to stick with one race is "that's the way it's been," which is not a great reason.

And the reason whitewashing a character like Cassandra Cain is not the same as making a white character into another minority is visually explained here.

Joni

People on The CW are ridiculously hot, and young. Sara Canning on the vampire diaries played 'old' aunt Jenna, while being from 1987. The Queen from Reign is 45, detective Chesthair is 42. It is mostly a joke on how a hot cast like for the Flash is not that impressive on The CW. Just look at the casts from the shows I'm following.

except the Rogues use pretty advanced high tech that more than gives them a chance against the Flash. plus they are pretty pragmatic guys whoa ren't going to take the Flash head on (except for the Top who is insane and quite powerful)

We don't know what's the extent of Barry's abilities. It'll probably be a lot more grounded and stripped than some of the outlandish stuff he gets up to in the comics. Plus, I have a feeling that most of Flash's villains will be tech enhanced or people powered by the pulse.

see my answer above. Captian cold is an expert of sorts on Cryogenics.

People on The CW are ridiculously hot, and young. Sara Canning on the vampire diaries played 'old' aunt Jenna, while being from 1987. The Queen from Reign is 45, detective Chesthair is 42. It is mostly a joke on how a hot cast like for the Flash is not that impressive on The CW. Just look at the casts from the shows I'm following.
The CW cast a lot of people who look alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom