• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4 |OT| Dark Dreams Don't Die

Hubble

I'm in the second ep, and did a lot of sidequests for Olivia. I'm at the part where it says "Special Powers" in the dialogue for another one. I can select it but it's not highlighted.

Anyone know how I can get or complete this quest?

jgminto

I'm in the second ep, and did a lot of sidequests for Olivia. I'm at the part where it says "Special Powers" in the dialogue for another one. I can select it but it's not highlighted.

Anyone know how I can get or complete this quest?

I don't think Special Powers is a sidequest.

Better look at beards, holy fuck that mustache

H13

Anyone gotten a black screen glitch on episode 2 ? When u go the bed room to investigate,Then when u going to go out
Its black screen .
Nothing happened ,Had to quit the game
But i tried it again and it happened again
I dont want to play episode one again.
Anyone got a solution?

EliCash

Considering getting an Xbox One just for this. If I'm of the opinion that Deadly Premonition was one of the best games of the last generation, would I regret such a decision?

I really hope this sells more. Just because Swery's the best dude.

Hubble

I don't think Special Powers is a sidequest.

Guess not, thanks.

Considering getting an Xbox One just for this. If I'm of the opinion that Deadly Premonition was one of the best games of the last generation, would I regret such a decision?

I really hope this sells more. Just because Swery's the best dude.

I don't know if it's a system seller per se because of the amount of content but it is definitely one of the best if not the best next gen title I played, period and only $15. There is a lot of detail from the Boston accents, neat Kinect features, the personalities, the livelier settings than Walking Dead for example, to the in-depth story that it is not to be missed. The plane episode plotwise is brilliant. It is really refreshing, you wont play a title like it. Combined with other system offerings and features, you wouldn't regret the decision.

Grisby

The music is amazing.

Just started playing this yesterday and God is it so much better than Deadly Premonition, at least game wise.

I'm on the first proper episode and I was wondering if anyone had any big tips for stamina? I'm the type of dude who clicks on everything and already it's gotten a lite annoying.

Also, if I dive out of the
plane
will I be able to go right back to where I was , searching for clues?

jgminto

The music is amazing.

Just started playing this yesterday and God is it so much better than Deadly Premonition, at least game wise.

I'm on the first proper episode and I was wondering if anyone had any big tips for stamina? I'm the type of dude who clicks on everything and already it's gotten a lite annoying.

Also, if I dive out of the
plane
will I be able to go right back to where I was , searching for clues?

You can dive out whenever you want and you should because there is stuff to do back at the apartment. That's also the best way to refill your stamina as you can eat with Forrest for a free refill. Also buy or use unlocked clothes and facial hair with a stamina bonus. You can get a pretty huge meter with the right combination.

Grisby

You can dive out whenever you want and you should because there is stuff to do back at the apartment. That's also the best way to refill your stamina as you can eat with Forrest for a free refill. Also buy or use unlocked clothes and facial hair with a stamina bonus. You can get a pretty huge meter with the right combination.
Thanks. Will dive out for more CLAM CHOWDA.

Yuterald

Fart, I'm missing one object and one observation in Episode 2. It's gotta be a medal...but where could it be!?

Re-posting my question. Anyone know of any tricky food/medal locations in EP2? I have a feeling it's what I'm missing for a complete Collection screen. Also, in EP1, I'm missing one Object and two Observations. Hmm...

benzy

I don't get why they only keep these DLC items online for 2 weeks then remove them. I already downloaded them through xbox.com but people who come across the game later will have missed out on some great outfits.

I don't get why they only keep these DLC items online for 2 weeks then remove them. I already downloaded them through xbox.com but people who come across the game later will have missed out on some great outfits.
Maybe they plan on selling them later? I have no idea. But I agree, I'd like everyone to have access to them.

EDIT: Has anyone posted these D4 concert performances yet?
D4 Battle
D4 Theme Requiem

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe they plan on selling them later? I have no idea. But I agree, I'd like everyone to have access to them.

EDIT: Has anyone posted these D4 concert performances yet?
D4 Battle
D4 Theme Requiem

I did, few pages back. We did get both HD video and multitrack audio recorded from the concert though, so actual post production is in the works for something a little more pleasant to watch than iPhone videos.

TriGen

I don't have any money left on my XBL account right now -- but Friday's payday so I'll be grabbing this then. I've loved all the impressions from GAF, really looking forward to playing it myself.

Bought it the other day and just played through it tonight. I found it to be pretty enjoyable and surprisingly relaxing outside of the stunt events.

Really didn't like how it just randomly ended like it did though. I know it's divided up into seasons (provided it even gets another one) but I feel like I got no sort of closure whatsoever. Seemed like the story was just starting to gain some traction and then it's over. I'm walking away kinda feeling like I got half a game here.

Also achievements are glitchy as fuck. It's like my progression on them just froze part way through the game and I don't have a couple dozen achievements that I should already have unlocked. Not sure it's worth a second playthrough if they're this incredibly glitchy.

Really didn't like how it just randomly ended like it did though. I know it's divided up into seasons (provided it even gets another one) but I feel like I got no sort of closure whatsoever. Seemed like the story was just starting to gain some traction and then it's over. I'm walking away kinda feeling like I got half a game here.
There is little doubt that Microsoft forced them to ship whatever they had. The season was clearly not meant to be two episodes.
Also achievements are glitchy as fuck. It's like my progression on them just froze part way through the game and I don't have a couple dozen achievements that I should already have unlocked. Not sure it's worth a second playthrough if they're this incredibly glitchy.
If you suspend the game, you may not unlock achievements. ALWAYS save and quit when you are done playing, never suspend.

jgminto

What do you mean? When I press continue it doesn't carry on but starts from the beginning.

That's because Episode 2 is the last episode and the game has ended, hitting continue will start again at the Prologue with all your items and money. If you want to do stuff in the second episode still, go to replay and choose Episode 2.

besiktas1

That's because Episode 2 is the last episode and the game has ended, hitting continue will start again at the Prologue with all your items and money. If you want to do stuff in the second episode still, go to replay and choose Episode 2.
?! Haha holy shit, i thought I was losing my mind... well that's disappointing :( guessing after seeing a few news pieces this ain't getting anymore episodes.

I wouldn't in good conscience be able to recommend this game as it ended so abruptly, was getting into it as well...

Footos22

Finished it.

If this doesn't get follow up episodes i'm pretty much gonna pin all the blame on Spencer and the lack of marketing its got.

Wasn't expecting much, things seemed completely stupid and i was never gonna buy it but bought as impulse turns out its my fav xbox one game so far.

The music is amazing, the characters are pretty much all brilliant. kinect use in the action scenes is frankly the only way to play. i use the controller for everything else.

already replaying, Def going for the 1000g in this one.
Its just brilliant.

I'm gonna hate everyone if this doesn't get followups.

the lack of postage in this OT is enough to know hardly anyone cares.
Swery has a new fan

Dineren

Banned
Swery retweeting about the DLC expiration finally got me to buy this, looking forward to playing it tonight once I get my Xbox hooked up again.

Is the sword and sorcery dlc the first that is going to expire or have I already missed out on some?

jgminto

Swery is saying on twitter that the soundtrack should be ready to buy soon. I'm glad since there still isn't a full version of the main theme on youtube.

The issue with suspend-resume still exists right? I don't see mention of that, and I feel like that was the biggest D4 bug.

It can't be an Xbox OS bug since most other games handle it just fine.

Top Bottom