• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4 |OT| Dark Dreams Don't Die

PSA: ALL THE DLC IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR FREE
MmsSvfy.png

10805807_886445224719082_8112731426006366257_n.jpg

On November 20th, D4 original soundtrack will be available for download at:

CD baby
iTunes Store
Amazon MP3
etc.

There will be two discs: "DavidYoungDisc" and "LittlePeggyDisc."
Each of them contains 22 tracks.

Each disc includes a live version played by Video Game Orchestra.
On sale for $14.99USD. You can purchase the tracks individually.
Via

blakep267

oh come on it ends with a cliff hanger. noooooooooooo

this is like marathoning an anime only to find out that there isn't a second season :(

statham

New interview with Xboxmad.net

snippets
XboxMAD: I’ve previously seen some furore on twitter regarding a perceived lack of promotion for D4 amongst Microsoft’s marketing materials - do you think D4 has suffered from under-promotion? could it be a symptom of Microsoft putting Kinect integration on the back seat?

SWERY: "D4 is a downloadable game, and a small scale title. For a title that is by no means a Blockbuster, I think we've gotten a lot of PR. The game was at E3 and TGS, and has been the subject of special media interviews. It's been featured on the internet and in SNS blips as well. However, I still don't think we can say it has a high degree of visibility. It's not that we aren't doing enough PR, it's more due to the way we're doing PR, the release timing, D4's difficulty as a title, and other complicated reasons. But there's a truth that exists in this world. "Things that are truly good will definitely be accepted." So we're going to keep working hard at our PR!"

and the big one!
XboxMAD: Finally, when can we expect to see the next episode of D4?

SWERY: "I'm sorry, but I can't answer that. Of course, I want to give you all the episodes as quickly as possible, but as you know, I'm SWERY. It took me around 6 years to complete Deadly Premonition, and it took around 4 to complete Season 1 of D4. Therefore, you're going to have to be a little patient.

http://www.xboxmad.net/x/swery-qa-d4.html

C Jones

Bought this immediately to support SWERY and I'm only now getting to it. Great game.

Question: Is a guide "required" to find some of the side quests in the game or are they easy enough to come by in a second play through? Took my time through episode 1 and it still seems like I missed a lot.

jgminto

Bought this immediately to support SWERY and I'm only now getting to it. Great game.

Question: Is a guide "required" to find some of the side quests in the game or are they easy enough to come by in a second play through? Took my time through episode 1 and it still seems like I missed a lot.

They're fairly easy to find if you're talking to everyone and exiting the dive. People will be highlighted in the vision mode if they have something new to say as well.

C Jones

They're fairly easy to find if you're talking to everyone and exiting the dive. People will be highlighted in the vision mode if they have something new to say as well.
Thanks a lot. I didn't exit at all and I didnt use vision nearly enough, so that explains why I missed so much.

Daigoro

thanks for the heads up aMN.

last time i played i got stuck on that sliding piece puzzle while my stamina was running out.

it was stressful. :(

Alfredo

Man, it'd be so cool if they released the D4 soundtrack as Rock Band 3 DLC, but I'm guessing the DLC scene for Rock Band is pretty dead these days.

Yuterald

Just powered through some shit I haven't felt like doing in this game last night. Finally got my 1000/1000 GS (had to do some grinding for that 100,000 credit one last night) and earned all of the rare, doorstep packaged items. All I have left to do is the following...

Anyone know of any tricky food/medal locations in EP2? I have a feeling it's what I'm missing for a complete Collection screen. I'm missing 1 Observation and 1 Object in EP2 (that one observation is probably from that one object too). Also, in EP1, I'm missing one Object and two Observations. It's been months since this game's been out and there's not a single guide. I would REALLY like to go beyond the 1000 GS and fully complete/collect everything there is to be done/collected in this game, but I can't for the life of me find these missing items/observations. I've replayed these episodes countless times and I can never find anything new. =/

Heard alot of good things about this game and just got a xbox one. Would anyone be willing to sell this at a discount to me? The cheaper the better. Money is tight around Christmas.

KyleCross

Dammit, I bought this over a month ago and haven't played it yet and now it'll be free in another month. Oh well, I supported SWERY.

Also, WTF is going on with the DLC outfits? When I bought the game I downloaded several of them (but I think there was more that weren't there anymore) and now I just checked and there's only one in the store.

jgminto

Dammit, I bought this over a month ago and haven't played it yet and now it'll be free in another month. Oh well, I supported SWERY.

Also, WTF is going on with the DLC outfits? When I bought the game I downloaded several of them (but I think there was more that weren't there anymore) and now I just checked and there's only one in the store.

They're cycled out every few weeks. If you want to see your ones you should be able to check your purchases.

I don't get it either. Maybe it has something to do with licensing. All DLC became available again recently, so maybe that will happen again when the game is free in January.

So I had some free time and figured I'd replay som D4, only to met by a goddamn 8.7gb patch.

What the fuck. I'm looking at the patch notes and I'm at a loss as to why the patch needs to be nearly goddamn GB...

It makes no bloody sense.

So I had some free time and figured I'd replay som D4, only to met by a goddamn 8.7gb patch.

What the fuck. I'm looking at the patch notes and I'm at a loss as to why the patch needs to be nearly goddamn GB...

It makes no bloody sense.

Welcome to me a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely baffling but eh, what to do. Game is worth it.

Moertel

Finally got around to playing it. It's essentially a Japanese version of Fahrenheit, both in terms of gameplay and mood.

Inherently weird, but also very sad and romantic. Quite like it so far. Whoever thought it was a good idea to call it D4 certainly doesn't deserve a promotion - Little Peggy would have been such a perfect title.

Falk

that puzzling face
psa: (especially for you people who jumped on the crazy train via GwG)

Popular video game T-shirts and hoodies that David Young can wear. We're going to be re-releasing all of the collaboration costume DLC that has been released so far starting on 1/14(Wednesday). It's all free, of course!
Extra: David Young's Unique Facial Hairstyle Sets are also coming back!

Falk

that puzzling face
I think getting an operatic choir to sing the lyrics to that is our greatest achievement ever

Top Bottom