• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Makai

Fair enough, but it just means he isn't redacted. It does NOT mean that my other reasons for voting for him aren't true.

Just means that my assumption on him moving was wrong.
Um...you seemed pretty intent on lynching Redacted.

Personally, I hate how widespread the fight club mechanic is, and it makes me feel like I'm only playing half of this game. With this many people having access to it (and potentially more people having access to it with however despair moves) it's very disheartening.

Can't help that, it's just the game we were dealt. I think redacted is terrabyte, rest, or Goshujinsama. This assumes that Sawneeks only moved slightly to the left night one and didn't see them move to the left. If redacted really didn't move night 1 then it opens up to include TL. Combine this with traditional scum hunting (which you love so much) means that the most sketchy and least posting on these would be more suspect. This leaves rest (who loved jumping on my bandwagon) and terrabyte (who is playing a completely different game than last time which sets off my scum radar). Of these two if'm more likely to vote terrabyte than rest (even though he has bandwagoned me) but they both set off my scum radar. This is mostly based on the fact that czartim voted and kept his vote on rest day1.

vote:terrabyte20xx
Did you change your mind or was this a front to vote for Terrabyte?

Sawneeks

Banned
Just as a heads up TL21xx now has 5 votes on him ( if the vote count is up to date ) and we need 9 votes to end a Day.

It's been said to death but please don't end the Day early. We can use this time to talk.

Um...you seemed pretty intent on lynching Redacted.

Did you change your mind or was this a front to vote for Terrabyte?

You are right, I want to lynch redacted. Mostly because I think it's insane for the fight clubs people to keep one person hidden from the rest of us, however, since they will not confirm anything, I used that to give more weight to a terrabyte vote.

I still believe he has been scummy with his play this game, especially with day 1 and 2.

That being said I can get behind a TL21xx vote, where has he been? Complete apathy is usually not a scum tell though, like you said lies prove scum, post hunting and floating just are tells

Makai

You are right, I want to lynch redacted. Mostly because I think it's insane for the fight clubs people to keep one person hidden from the rest of us, however, since they will not confirm anything, I used that to give more weight to a terrabyte vote.

I still believe he has been scummy with his play this game, especially with day 1 and 2.

That being said I can get behind a TL21xx vote, where has he been? Complete apathy is usually not a scum tell though, like you said lies prove scum, post hunting and floating just are tells
If you are intent on voting Redacted, why don't you switch to Rest instead of joining the bandwagon?

Pau

I apologise if I had been a poor contributor in terms of game mechanics. The whole night roamers’ movements analysis escape my thought processes. I defer to Sawneeks, Pau, Ty4on, Swamped, CornBurrito and Royal_Flush on the matter.
We have enough contributors on that front. I think posts like the one you just made are far more helpful to Hope.

TL21xx

Banned
I've been busy at work. Not that complicated. It's why I haven't responded to anyone yet. I will get back to you all when I have a chance later.

TL21xx

Banned
I've been thinking about TL21xx a lot since they hammered the vote yesterday. Look at these two posts.

They talk about how they didn't realize their vote was the hammer when they posted but the text in the original post sounds like they want the day to end and is intending to end it with their vote. You could interpret it as them wanting to contribute to the vote to end the day but I read it as being them wanting to end the day with that vote.

Even if I'm just reading into this too much, I don't think you can say a phase is going nowhere when you only post three (four as of their vote post) times in a day phase.

Vote: TL21xx

Except I'm NOT talking about my posting, I'm talking about everyone else's. I'll be frank, I am not very good at this game. I don't have as much time as I thought I would, and it's not easy to keep track of everything. As a result, it's hard to really give input when you don't have time to cross-reference posts. I haven't seen a lot of really solid discussion, and was hoping that Fight Club could get us more information. Obviously, that has not been the case.

But frankly, I'm just a *$+#%%@?$?*, so it's not like I have much of an impact on the game either way the die falls.

Makai

Why do you think I'm redacted?
I'm asking Zipped yo claridy an i consistency. Zipped said either you or Terrabyte must be Redacted. He really should be gunning for you after I prove it isn't TB. But he was considering jumping on the bandwagon instead.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Launch must just be sitting back, watching this thread, and laughing. Ursine bastard...

Makai

So...are you going to unvote, Zipped? If you want to lynch Redacted, maybe you should make a case for why Fight Club should out them.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Me? No, I don't care about redacted at this point. I'd be fine not discussing Fight Club because it's more of a distraction right now than it is a lead. I don't think we've gotten any new information out of it in at least a few hours. Pau and Sawneeks are mum on the identity of redacted, and I don't see much benefit in conjecting further about whom it could be.

At this point, my vote on Zippepinhead isn't going to get him lynched, it can stay for now.

Makai

Me? No, I don't care about redacted at this point. I'd be fine not discussing Fight Club because it's more of a distraction right now than it is a lead. I don't think we've gotten any new information out of it in at least a few hours. Pau and Sawneeks are mum on the identity of redacted, and I don't see much benefit in conjecting further about whom it could be.

At this point, my vote on Zippepinhead isn't going to get him lynched, it can stay for now.
Sorry, I was asking Zipped if he was going to unvote TB since he can't be Redacted. I don't care about Redacted, either. But I can't let blatant inconsistencies like that slide. If Zipped still wants to lynch Redacted, he needs to:

Switch his vote to another candidate

OR

Unvote and convince us Redacted is Despair.

So...are you going to unvote, Zipped? If you want to lynch Redacted, maybe you should make a case for why Fight Club should out them.

Nope, I'll leave my vote on terrabyte for now. I want redacted, fight club doesn't want to confirm it, so even with my guessing it's not going to sway anyone in the elite club. I'm confident it's not kalor or you, I'm also positive that it's not anyone from the upper aisle. That doesn't leave many people left over that hasn't already role claimed. I based my vote for the two based on activity, day 1 and 2 votes, the fact that I don't like his reads, and then tried to justify it to redacted. I obviously can't BUT it doesn't change the other portions of my vote.

With this much time before the deadline I will leave my vote.

Sorry, I was asking Zipped if he was going to unvote TB since he can't be Redacted. I don't care about Redacted, either. But I can't let blatant inconsistencies like that slide. If Zipped still wants to lynch Redacted, he needs to:

Switch his vote to another candidate

OR

Unvote and convince us Redacted is Despair.

Based on what we know of despair (no hidden killer), and what we know of movements of despair is moving, and targeting anyone then it has to be someone on the right side of the house that is being targeted. So we look at people moving right, and who can control their movement. If we take people at their word, then the only person consistently moving right is redacted.

There are possible exceptions to this (has despair been able to completely not target anyone the last few nights? Can despair target without being seen? Does despair get the same reads as the rest of fight club) but that's the general gist of why redacted is scummy. If I knew who he was, then I would vote for him. Might not convince everyone to vote for him, but it would get pressure on him. The remaining players redacted could be have been up and down with their votes, and most of them haven't been consistent posters through each day. Some of that is us not really putting pressure on people, some of it is being misguided by czartim for day 3.

Makai

Okay, Zipped. I want you to read your own post.

*splinter, Being called a chucklefuck was uncalled for. This is a friendly game, and while the dramatic license when you are making accusations is appreciated and in the spirit of things, that really wasn't nice.

Personally, I hate how widespread the fight club mechanic is, and it makes me feel like I'm only playing half of this game. With this many people having access to it (and potentially more people having access to it with however despair moves) it's very disheartening.

Can't help that, it's just the game we were dealt. I think redacted is terrabyte, rest, or Goshujinsama. This assumes that Sawneeks only moved slightly to the left night one and didn't see them move to the left. If redacted really didn't move night 1 then it opens up to include TL. Combine this with traditional scum hunting (which you love so much) means that the most sketchy and least posting on these would be more suspect. This leaves rest (who loved jumping on my bandwagon) and terrabyte (who is playing a completely different game than last time which sets off my scum radar). Of these two if'm more likely to vote terrabyte than rest (even though he has bandwagoned me) but they both set off my scum radar. This is mostly based on the fact that czartim voted and kept his vote on rest day1.

vote:terrabyte20xx

I hope you can see the problem. Why the heck haven’t you switched your vote to Rest or Gosh? Keeping your vote on TB is bizarre if you truly are determined to lynch Redacted. If you want to vote for TB, you need to make a real case against him. I highlighted your reason for choosing TB and it’s really not good enough given the premise of your vote. So…what’s it gong to be? You can vote for another of your Redacted candidates or you can give us the real case against TB. No need to keep us waiting until tomorrow.

Okay, Zipped. I want you to read your own post.

I hope you can see the problem. Why the heck haven’t you switched your vote to Rest or Gosh? Keeping your vote on TB is bizarre if you truly are determined to lynch Redacted. If you want to vote for TB, you need to make a real case against him. I highlighted your reason for choosing TB and it’s really not good enough given the premise of your vote. So…what’s it gong to be? You can vote for another of your Redacted candidates or you can give us the real case against TB. No need to keep us waiting until tomorrow.

You seem awfully determined for me not to vote for terrabyte... I won't read anything into it today.

vote:rest

Makai

You seem awfully determined for me not to vote for terrabyte... I won't read anything into it today.

vote:rest
I will not tolerate internal inconsistency. People need to get their stories straight or I am pushing for their lynch. Same thing happened to TB when he pretended to be invisible cop.

Moving on,

I kinda think we should out Redacted. Hasn't Despair bumped into him by now? If so, there's no reason to withold his identity from the rest of Hope. I think CornBurrito pointed this out.

Pau

Moving on,

I kinda think we should out Redacted. Hasn't Despair bumped into him by now? If so, there's no reason to withold his identity from the rest of Hope. I think CornBurrito pointed this out.
They have if Sawneeks or AbsolutBro are Despair. I'm pretty sure CzarTim never saw them.

AbsolutBro might have seen another rulebreaker that hasn't been outed.

But like I said, if an overwhelming number of Hope wants their name, I'll give it.

Makai

They have if Sawneeks or AbsolutBro are Despair. I'm pretty sure CzarTim never saw them.

AbsolutBro might have seen another rulebreaker that hasn't been outed.

But like I said, if an overwhelming number of Hope wants their name, I'll give it.
I really don't understand the hallway discussions, so I'll just defer to you. If you think there's a reasonable chance that they're still unknown to Despair, keep quiet.

Was AbsolutBro cleared somehow? He outed you and both he and CzarTim had those weird secret messages.

Makai, any ideas on TL21xx or alternatives for a non-rulebreaker lynch today?
Why are we excluding rule-breakers?

The case against TLX makes sense. I need to read his predecessor's posts. CornBurrito and Terrabyte are still on my radar.

Pau

I really don't understand the hallway discussions, so I'll just defer to you. If you think there's a reasonable chance that they're still unknown to Despair, keep quiet.

Was AbsolutBro cleared somehow? He outed you and both he and CzarTim had those weird secret messages.
No AbsolutBro has not been cleared. Technically neither have I nor Ty4on.

Why are we excluding rule-breakers?
We aren't as a general rule;I just want to hear people talk about about other players. I feel like we've spent enough time talking about night time activity and it leads to people just asking more and more information from us.

The case against TLX makes sense. I need to read his predecessor's posts. CornBurrito and Terrabyte are still on my radar.
Any particular reasons?

Sorry if I'm hounding you. You seem to be the only person on and I don't want to go to sleep yet. :p

Makai

No AbsolutBro has not been cleared. Technically neither have I nor Ty4on.
It's easier to trust you since you have someone to vouch for you. If one of you flips scum, we know what to do to the other.

Any particular reasons?

Sorry if I'm hounding you. You seem to be the only person on and I don't want to go to sleep yet. :p
I explained it all yesterday when I interrogated TB. I forgive him for misleading me about his role since he straightened out his claims. But I can't square why he doubled down on his omission of the facility explanation for Night 3's peace. My gut says he is scum. CornBurrito is implicated if I indeed detected a genuine scumtell.

*Splinter

S5HxSQs.jpg

TL21xx’s response, whilst understandable and for all intents and purposes may be legitimate, does not lend him a strong position as a contributing member of Hope. I am genuinely regretful to have to say that TL21xx may be a dead weight to Hope in the long run if he does not pick up his level of participation. Naturally, this is just a game and real life concerns should always come first for everyone so I do hope that this comment is not taken to heart.

Game-wise, his reply gives me nothing in terms of player reads so I am obliged to relinquish the vote on him for the time being.

Unvote: TL21xx

However, I do notice one thing: which is that TL21xx has picked Terrabyte20xx as Hope in Post no. 3121, whilst picking on kingkitty and Rest as his suspicious players. On the other hand, Terrabyte20xx has consistently spoken for TL21xx. I recalled that Terrabyte20xx was the person that reminded us that TL21xx was driving through Texas on the time where CzarTim’s vote was on the line. And recently, Terrabyte20xx has been consistently favourable on the issues of TL21xx.

Additionally, Terrabyte20xx has also picked on Rest as his Punishment candidate, quite aligned with TL21xx’s stance.

This hand-in-hand approach may be of circumstantial happenings but it was something that I noticed and I thought it has enough interesting factor in it for me to mention it, for Hope’s consideration.

I will now present my daily reads.

I believe the following players are Hope-aligned:

• Ty4on – Posts insightful reads and theories. Asks questions where they need to be asked.
  • Pau – protective but pragmatic.
  • Swamped – Active and participates well.
  • Sawneeks – Resolute. Has been on the receiving end on some suspicion. Able to defend herself well without losing patience or reason.
  • CornBurrito – Passionate. He has now eclipsed CzarTim as top poster. Has slight tendencies to shoot from the hips but his intentions come across Hope-aligned.
  • Makai – Somewhat aggressive but contributes steadily throughout.
  • Christina Mackenzie – inherited Barrylocke’s role. I found Barrylocke to have been a Hope-aligned poster when he did post. His reads are spot on and his analysis was meaningful. He was also targeted as an easy mark by some players.
  • Royal_Flush – great new voice. Energetic and thoughtful.

Players that I find harder to read:

• Rest – He remains watchful of the game but he no longer possess the kind of fire that he displayed in Day 1. His intentions seems to be Hope-aligned, but I may be distracted by the fact that two of my suspects have the habit to pick on Rest, creating an effect of “the enemy of my enemy must be my friend.”
  • *Splinter – I am ambivalent on Splinter. He makes interesting posts and I like the sound of his positions but there’s still doubts on this player in my mind.
  • Zippedpinhead – He has become much more pronounced in Day 5 and not as middle of the road as he had been in the earlier days. I am starting to lean Hope on Zippedpinhead but I would welcome more contributions from him.
  • AbsolutBro – I had pegged him as Hope earlier on since it would take considerable risk and courage to out CzarTim in his encoded message without anyone’s prompting him to do so. CzarTim was in no manners held suspicious by anyone at that stage of the game. It was AbsolutBro’s tips that alerted me and sent me upon the path of suspicion of CzarTim. However, I am not as sure as I was. There is a slight chance that he may be playing the long game according to my Hope fellow players and I am unable to dismiss it any longer.

Suspicious list (remains the same as per my previous post):

• Kalor – Slippery as an eel. I still await for Kalor to make a bolder stance on some issues in order to be able to determine his alignment, if at all.
  • Terrabyte20xx – Odd voting pattern and behaviours. I can’t quite reconcile this player’s narrative.
  • Kingkitty – If I have to pick a potential third-party player in this game, it would be kingkitty. His Day 1 behaviours remain a mysterious enigma to me and he subsequently submerged himself in the middle of the herd only to surface to make the occasional posts. When he does make a post, however, they are of contents and thoughts.
  • TL21xx – Unfortunately, at the best case of scenarios, he seems not to have been afforded enough time and space to enjoy this game to the fullest potentials due to his real life constraints, which may render him a baggage to Hope to lug around in the long term. At the worst case of scenarios, he is a Despair coaster.

I am left with little options for a strong lynch candidate for Day 5. I will return later with a new vote, but I do believe that we are in a considerably favourable position with regards to risking chances of mislynches.

So is this our strategy for today? Simply getting rid of dead weight?

I'm conflicted about voting for players simply because of their perceived lack of participation. Reading TL21xx's reaction, it does lead me to believe that he might be hope.

He hammered the vote against Czar but there was more than an hour difference between Czar's vote and his.

Czar's vote
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176614760&postcount=3247

TL21xx's vote
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176624068&postcount=3252

If he was Despair wouldn't he have done it sooner? Perhaps he genuinely didn't check the vote count for the day.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177127043&postcount=3365

Maybe he's really been to busy to keep up with the thread but at the same time his limited contribution is hurting the group.

I really don't know how I should feel about this...

*Splinter

As I said earlier, it would have made more sense for Tim to place the last vote, it's the only reason I was more suspicious of Kalor's post than TI21's.

On the other hand, he could also be a slightly inactive Despair. Explains Tim voting when he could have waited to be last and explains the 1 hour gap

Any reason you aren't answering my questions?

Swamped

Banned
Just catching up, seeing these votes on TL. I dunno, feels kind of like a cop-out choice. I think there's a murky difference between inexperienced Town players and inexperienced Mafia players, and TL just strikes me as the former. Do you honestly think he would have put that vote in to end the day early if he had a team giving him advice?

I personally would rather vote for someone else who has more substantial evidence against them. Still, should this be a mislynch it will be fine since we just got a Despair and we've had no kills.

(I'm actually in the vacation portion of my trip now, so i may be less responsive...sorry!)

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, real talk, I am dropping out because I legitimately don't have the time to play at the moment. I've already PMed Launch about getting a replacement. I didn't realize how busy I would be IRL when I signed up, and for that I'm sorry. I tried to make an honest effort, but realized that I just don't have the time to keep up with the posts and formulate a decent read. Have fun guys, maybe next time.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of replacement players, I've had to make the tough call...

The platform underneath TL21xx opened up and he disappeared into a dark hole. A distant wailing of pain could be heard below, then after a few seconds, nothing.

TL21xx said:
Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are an Ordinary Student!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Swamped

Banned
I have stated it earlier but I don't like having my only power in the game, my ability to vote, restricted in such a way. While I was going to consider both as suspects that doesn't mean I was going to jump on them and call them out as Despair. For me, 'considering' them is going back, rereading, and keeping a much closer eye on their activity than before. Being confined to picking one or the other was not ideal and the responses from both sides reaffirmed my suspicions from Day 1 that something was up....they are both just very active, and sometimes aggressive, Town players

Sawneeks, this is an old post from Day 2 in which you soft claimed as an ordinary student. But at the end of D3 it became fairly obvious you are a PR. What was your thinking behind this? If you thought claiming ordinary would save you from a NK that means you believed that Desapir had not seen you N1. But then you would have never outed Crab (thinking he was Despair) on D3. Something here doesn't add up.

Ty4on

Hey guys, real talk, I am dropping out because I legitimately don't have the time to play at the moment. I've already PMed Launch about getting a replacement. I didn't realize how busy I would be IRL when I signed up, and for that I'm sorry. I tried to make an honest effort, but realized that I just don't have the time to keep up with the posts and formulate a decent read. Have fun guys, maybe next time.

I think the next season we will see some smaller games that should be easier to follow. I just hope they won't be like NX Mafia...

Swamped

Banned
Unfortunately, due to a lack of replacement players, I've had to make the tough call...

The platform underneath TL21xx opened up and he disappeared into a dark hole. A distant wailing of pain could be heard below, then after a few seconds, nothing.

Oh...:(

Take care, TL, let's play again soon.

Well then, hope to see you around for future games when you have more free time.

I think the next season we will see some smaller games that should be easier to follow. I just hope they won't be like NX Mafia...

If I end up in a game with Sorian, Launchpad and one other insane frequency poster I might just not attend...

All votes on TL21xx have been removed. Please refer to the spreadsheet for a current vote count.

For the lazy people:

Sawneeks
Rest
CornBurrito

kingkitty
Ty4on

AbsolutBro
Swamped

Zippedpinhead
*Splinter
Rest

Terrabyte20xx
Zippedpinhead
Royal_Flush

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Not a final vote, just the next 80 on my list.

Take care, TL21xx.

As I said earlier, it would have made more sense for Tim to place the last vote, it's the only reason I was more suspicious of Kalor's post than TI21's.

On the other hand, he could also be a slightly inactive Despair. Explains Tim voting when he could have waited to be last and explains the 1 hour gap

Any reason you aren't answering my questions?

Sorry, forgot about that. It would be really helpful if you quoted my post next time so GAF highlights it for me.

Not following you on Kalor, sounds like you're implying Despair can't count. Czar being the final majority vote to end the day early I get but his vote wasn't the majority.

Regarding AB, I'm working purely based on an assumption that among the PRs there is 1 Despair. It's just an assumption and not based on any evidence found in this thread. If anyone can help point out anything that would suggest any of them are confirmed Hope do let me know.

I'll have a look at Kingkitty's posts again since you say there's something interesting.

Okay, I just reread the day (mainly in order to write down my notes) and I honestly don't know who to vote for.

TL21xx is out (and turned out to be hope)
Kalor and Terrabyte both did better today
Rest still is Rest. Could be anything
Zippedpinhead, whom I had down as only slightly scummy keeps fishing for redacted and in general just digs himself deeper

So I'm torn between following my D4 reads or go after Zipped...

Swamped

Banned
Btw Kingkitty - out of your versus battles, are there any you think could have been staged by two Despairs? I admit this would be a pretty risky thing for Despair to do...

Sawneeks

Banned
Take care TL21xx! Hopefully you will be able to join us in another game if you have time!

Sawneeks, this is an old post from Day 2 in which you soft claimed as an ordinary student. But at the end of D3 it became fairly obvious you are a PR. What was your thinking behind this? If you thought claiming ordinary would save you from a NK that means you believed that Desapir had not seen you N1. But then you would have never outed Crab (thinking he was Despair) on D3. Something here doesn't add up.

At that time during Day 2 I believed that both Crab and Kgtrep were Hope ( along with CzarTim and a bit with AB for that matter ) and since none of us had spoken about Fight Club I didn't want to sit and be like 'oh, I can't vote for who I want BUT I can do stuff at night lol'. So I soft-claimed the Ordinary Student so I could blend in and not stick out for Despair to go after, especially after what happened with Makai and his role claim I did not want the same to happen to me. I will admit, at that time, I did think one of the people I saw was the killer on Night 1 but I didn't really put two-and-two together that Fight Club would lead Despair to get a kill-list of PRs.

Karkador

Banned

This flavor is legit depressing, god damn

Top Bottom