• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III launches April 12 (+special editions revealed)

Mr Git

I ordered the CE, cause fuck buying anything from GAME. Also an A4 trilogy artbook is too hard to pass up. If anyone else from UK is wanting one it's just under £90 on Shopto.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Regular edition for me. I love steelbooks but everything else in the CE is useless imo.

Why can't they ever do a simple soundtrack and steelbook edition for $80 in the US. Fucking statues man.

Yep, this is exactly what I want but instead they give us toys and useless cloth maps.

Maxrunner

Would love if they would release a trilogy for NX. That way I would get the other 2. Been playing the 2 nd one on ps4. They need to re release the first one for these new consoles.

Mr Git

Regular edition for me. I love steelbooks but everything else in the CE is useless imo.

Yep, this is exactly what I want but instead they give us toys and useless cloth maps.

This is really what I'd want - or at least the same as they did with Demon's, Dark Souls and Bloodborne - a slightly chunkier box with an artbook and soundtrack. Steelbook would be a bonus.

cerulily

Yup. Fucking hate statues that don't look good 99% of the time. I don't want my living room look like teenager's den...

Is the North American soundtrack a real CD or are they being assholes and just showing a picture of a CD to represent the download voucher?

DarkFlame

Banned
That's a great Day 1 edition.No exclusive in game items,just soundtrack,a mini guide and a nice packaging,that's all i want really.If they also included a nice steelbook,would be 10/10

UrbanRats

Anything other than a digital code (or a disc if you don't have Internet) is "useless", if you put it that way.

Wagram

I love Amazon, but the lack of a fair day 1 shipping price from them these days is really making me dislike shopping there. Back when they had .99 release day shipping it was worth it, but at this point I would rather head to a store and buy it.

I don't shop enough to make prime worth it and i'm not paying $10 for 2 day shipping (or w\e it is).

Ridley327

No Day One for PC? Thanks FROM..

I know this is a couple of days old, but I'm pretty sure that there's no retail version for the PC version in the US that isn't a part of the CE. If it's anything like they handled it for 2, the CE is probably going to wind up being exclusive to Bamco's online store, too.

I'm really considering getting the UK CE because of the art book, but dlc will most likely not be compatible down the road and I'd rather not have multiple psn accounts.

v1perz53

I'm weird in that I do not like steelbook cases (I like that my game collection looks very uniform on the shelf) so day 1 edition for me. Hopefully it is just a normal case under the o-sleeve, though it appears to be that way.

AndyB1974

Will be pre-ordering the PC collector's edition but fuck ordering from GAME. Hopefully it's going to turn up on Amazon UK but no sign of the CE or PE on there yet though.

wiibomb

I just preordered the CE on amazon.. but since I want that A4 artbook, I wonder if it will be too expensive considering that on US this edition is $130

Wagram

Would have easily payed $79.99 for a steelbook and the soundtrack CD like they did for Bloodborne. The US version is insanely over priced for what you're getting, and I don't want the statue. Shame, but i'll settle with the normal edition.

wiibomb

Would have easily payed $79.99 for a steelbook and the soundtrack CD like they did for Bloodborne. The US version is insanely over priced for what you're getting, and I don't want the statue. Shame, but i'll settle with the normal edition.

well, may be this edition comes with a proper CD, because BB didn't, it is a download voucher.

Really bummed about the EU exclusivity on the Prestige edition. I get that US gets shit all the time and EU gets the shaft generally, and good for you guys, I just wish it was releasing everywhere.

May end up importing and just getting the PC version for my reigion.

Astral

I'm assuming the Prima Starter Guide isn't the full guide book. Is that right? I bought Dark Soul's guide book because it looked really nice. This looks like a booklet.

I'll get the Collectors Edition and throw away the stupid statue like I always do. I hate myself for wanting the art book and the cloth map.

Ekai

This is coming out way faster than I anticipated. Gaming why must you have so much I want to touch?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay for day and date PC version. I buckled with Dark Souls II and played the PS3 version first. Nasty performance in that game.

Ridley327

I'm assuming the Prima Starter Guide isn't the full guide book. Is that right? I bought Dark Soul's guide book because it looked really nice. This looks like a booklet.

I'd assume so. There's probably enough content in there to go over the basics and get you about a third into the game, along with the necessary charts to go along with where it covers.

Kind of a shame that Prima is doing the guide this time, given the generally excellent work that Future Press has done with their guides.

Moonkid

Would the art book be much different from the design works book they seem to release after each game? The collector's edition is a bit pricey for me and I have little interest for what else is offered.

Auctopus

Would the art book be much different from the design works book they seem to release after each game? The collector's edition is a bit pricey for me and I have little interest for what else is offered.

Im tempted by the fact they've called it the Trilogy Artbook.

It sounds like it's different to the art book included in the other editions. But nothing beats the Design Works anyway.

Dat PC version at 60FPS, though! In games like these, where timing/controls/movement is key at certain moments, 60FPS does wonders for games like DS. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bloodborne got a remaster on PS5@60FPS.

Mifec

Dat PC version at 60FPS, though! In games like these, where timing/controls/movement is key at certain moments, 60FPS does wonders for games like DS. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bloodborne got a remaster on PS5@60FPS.

There is no point in playing Souls under 60fps for me personally at all. The frame pacing issues and 30fps made me quit BB 2,5 hours in. Pretty happy that this is 60 and releasing on PC the same day as consoles.

Top Bottom