• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III launches April 12 (+special editions revealed)

gogosox82

Meh, I'll just get the Day One Edition. You can always find that collectors edition stuff really cheap on line a few months after the game is out since that stuff never sells out and retailers desperately try to get rid of it or people just try to get rid of it since they didn't want it in first place.

Moonkid

Have they confirmed that it's exclusive only to Amazon UK? That's no fun :/
I know of at least one New Zealand retailer that's selling it so it'll probably be available in a few places. Hope is not yet lost! Mind you over here it's our currencies' $900.
Im tempted by the fact they've called it the Trilogy Artbook.

It sounds like it's different to the art book included in the other editions. But nothing beats the Design Works anyway.
Ah that is true. Hm, this is bloody tempting.

Koobion

I'm assuming the Prima Starter Guide isn't the full guide book. Is that right? I bought Dark Soul's guide book because it looked really nice. This looks like a booklet.

Yeah, it seems to be a mini guide and far from a full on walk-through. I do wonder if it'll be anywhere near the quality of the Demon's special edition guide though, where it gave somewhat brief area guides and boss strategies. That thing was incredibly cool and was no additional cost; it's easily my most prized collectible item for PS3.

I'll get the Collectors Edition and throw away the stupid statue like I always do. I hate myself for wanting the art book and the cloth map.

That is pretty wasteful. Why not sell the statue? There are probably many people who would love to have it. I'm looking forward to getting mine :)

Collectors Edition NA for me. Kinda pissed that they don't come with patches and get the Dark Souls Trilogy Art book but NA doesn't. I really wanted both of those.

Coxy100

Banned
Sorry to bump this thread - but can anyone explain who the Red Knight is? Tempted to buy the collectors edition here in the UK - but £100 is a lot for a game series I've never played before.

I love Bloodborne though (finished it) - which has got me stupidly excited for Dark Souls 3. As an XB1 only owner - it's the closest I'll get to Bloodborne.

i have no interest in figurines and such (and while the prizes are probably reasonable for what you get, i don't want to pay that much for a game) but i just went online and saw that Apocalypse Edition

i've even listened to the Dark Souls 1 CD a couple of times as background music when i'm blogging, so i also wanted this edition and i preordered it!

I just realized Future Press isn't handling the guide for DS III which is a shame because they did a phenomenal job with all the other games. I'm not touching that prima book.

I would buy this if it came with code for a digital version. I want cool art books and fancy cases and shit....but I don't want to have to put a disc in my ps4 and deal with loud noises or even just the act of having to put a disc in the system. I suppose it would just stay in there though since I don't actually own any other physical ps4 games.

HYDE

Banned
I just realized Future Press isn't handling the guide for DS III which is a shame because they did a phenomenal job with all the other games. I'm not touching that prima book.

Please tell me theres no confirmation about this...I would be really bummed.

Edit: It is confirmed...we need to boycott the shit out of this! Ugly half-assed paperback Prima guide, or glorious hardback beautiful art filled Future Press guide, tough decision.

Rymuth

Update: Prestige Edition sold out

Dark Souls 3's Prestige Edition has "completely sold out", Bandai Namco has confirmed to VideoGamer.com, with the PS4 version allegedly selling out within 2 hours of going on sale.

The Prestige Edition was made available to pre-order exclusively via Amazon last month, and contains an exclusive 40cm Lord of Cinder figurine, 25cm Red Knight figurine, official soundtrack CD, 3 iron-on patches, a cloth game map and Dark Souls Trilogy hardcover artbook.

But with that gone, fans' only other options are to pre-order the £99.99 Collector's Edition, or the "limited supply" Apocalypse Edition. The Apocalypse Edition is only available to pre-order customers at GAME, and will not be available after the game ships on April 12.

videogamer

deoee

I've got the normal CE pre ordered at Amazon.de but I don't know if I really need this
AU7Amsc.gif

pablito

Really considering trying to get the EU collector's version. I love that case. Though I've seen some people ITT say nevermind after seeing the vendor. I'd be importing to US. What would I be getting into?

NateDog

My god I forgot so many releases from this year. I thought that I'd have at least 4-5 months free of games but clearly not. I am actually quite hyped about this though, even after the disappointment of DkS2.

DMTripper

Already paid for my PC version. Just before my birthday and I have the week off... Sweet!

Just Hope they can recapture the magic of dark souls 1. I wanna see some cool NPC's, hidden areas and awesome bosses.

In FROM I trust :-D

bltn

I'll be getting the EU CE for PS4.

Will there be a JP PC version available digitally on March 24? Because then I'll get that too.

Whelan

Banned
My sister is voicing one of the characters in this.

I love the Souls' games.

Now I get to kill my sister in one.

teetee_praise-the-sun_1401660903.full.png

NateDog

Apologies for the bump but I was wondering has the Apocalypse Edition been shown off? I seem to be the only person that dislikes the steelbook from it but unless I want to fork out for the big collectors edition here then I won't get the disc OST. I don't like Gamestop Ireland but I suppose I'd rather deal with them than GAME UK.

Top Bottom