• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dealer-

Really not sure why I've died to
Curse rotted greatwood
so many times, I only died a couple times up to now, he's kicked my ass a dozen times

It's probably the slowest boss in the game so make the most of it. Stay close, aim for the egg sacks and roll/dodge.

Matt Frost

I would suggest one with a shield, a long sword and good starting armour: Knight.

Take in mind that the starting class only affect your starting stats and equipment, from there you can build your hero as it pleases you.

Pyromancer was a good start in previous games, as it has spells but they are scaled based on levelling up a piece of equipment rather than levelling up spell stats, so you can use it in a Jack of All Trades sort of approach.

I think I will try the sorcery first and if she doesnt fit my playstyle I will go for the knight... I found a nice beginners guide if anyone is interested in it:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/12/11412210/dark-souls-3-beginners-guide-tips-for-beginners-and-returning-masochists

Auctopus

Remember that an underrated skill of playing Dark Souls is knowing when you need to walk away for about 10 minutes. Does wonders.

If you've
leveled up at Yoel's, you've begun the (optional) hollowing process. Now with each death you'll get a higher hollow level, which you can heal at the firekeeper. Your appearance can be healed with a purging stone. There don't seem to be any adverse effects related to hollowing however. I've had a 99 hollow level since the early hours of the game. Some folks have speculated that summoning (for covenants) may be harder, since the logo looks ruined/broken if you're hollowed.

Oh, well, that doesn't sound very exciting. Thanks anyway.

Come home from work to find that my PS4 did not autodownload DS3!!

Argh it had never failed me before. Why did it have to be this game!

At least it is a small DL. Looks like it will be done soonish.

Wagram

I'm assuming a boss that I know very clearly is in a specific area must be later on rather than what the promotional materials led on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PC version showed up today

gxcRC4Oh.jpg

Ladekabel

Question for pretty early on. At the first Bonfire where you can teleport to
there are to ways: One leads to the dragon and the other leads to a guy with a halberd and another guy with an axe. Can I safely go where the dude with the halberd came from? Was a little bit curious but I was too scared. Yeah, I know.

there are to ways: One leads to the dragon and the other leads to a guy with a halberd and another guy with an axe. Can I safely go where the dude with the halberd came from? Was a little bit curious but I was too scared. Yeah, I know.

Yes, either way is fine.

Auctopus

You can go up there
but it's a dead end with a sort of annoying enemy. Not much loot either. The dragon route is the only way really.

Guys, can anyone tell me if there are any implications by (NPC spoiler?)
leveling up at the Pilgrim NPC that I found instead of the Fire Keeper? He takes less souls than her.

When do I get a white soapstone'ish item?

Buy at the merchant in the Firelink Shrine.

When do I get a white soapstone'ish item?

Buy it from
the Handmaid in Firelink.

Guys, can anyone tell me if there are any implications by (NPC spoiler?)
leveling up at the Pilgrim NPC that I found instead of the Fire Keeper? He takes less souls than her.

He levels you for free (up to 5 times), but the key items he puts in your inventory slowly turn you hollow. This doesn't have any stat penalties, and it's part of a questline.

konjak

Man, this game launched on PC with a ton of little glitches, but one is annoying me a lot right now because I had to pay with something and it did the opposite of what I intended.
I paid two tongues, don't have more for now, to make my character's hair whiter, and the game decided this means the hair should permanently be black. Good job, game.

Fujinn

I'm a little confused with
the dark sigil and hollowing
. Do i lose health (a la DS2 the more i die) or is just a cosmetic thing?

Vorheez

Guys I need some serious help. I'm playing with a friend and
he was able to get the elevator to go up after meeting onion bro, but he doesn't know exactly how. I have tried EVERYTHING with no luck. Could I get some help?

Guys I need some serious help. I'm playing with a friend and
he was able to get the elevator to go up after meeting onion bro, but he doesn't know exactly how. I have tried EVERYTHING with no luck. Could I get some help?

Try observing the elevators operation while not riding it.

Jobbs

Banned
also did they ever buff offensive miracles, namely the spears? or are they still completely useless? I'd log into my JP game faith char but I already deleted from HD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am getting unhealthy amounts of dks3 copies guys

it's normal

Vitten

Game is great and all but when does it start to open up and can I chose diferent paths ?

I'm in the village now and so far the linearity is a bit disappointing.

RAWRferal

Still can't retrieve latest calibrations on Xbox one. My connection is fine, open NAT. It just takes forever before eventually failing.

I've had the game about a week, used the JPN region switcher method. All other patches have been fine.

Any ideas people? I want to play online :(

EDIT: In now, just kept spamming OK to retry. Let's do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom