• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to undo attacking an NPC? I accidentally attacked
the guy underneath The Tower on the Wall
, and want to correct me accidentally pressing a button.

Jamiaro

Is there any way to undo attacking an NPC? I accidentally attacked
the guy underneath The Tower on the Wall
, and want to correct me accidentally pressing a button.

There is a
statue
in the
small catacombs under the bridge with those huge pot-wielding red-robed guys.The statue will remove your Sins for a fee.

_Legacy_

Just killed the first boss with my pyromancer build, really enjoying it so far. I found the
crystal lizard
harder to kill though.

Davildinho

Neo Member
Nice to see Polygon dump a load of videos with boss names in the titles on youtube on release day!

That place is like an attention seeking five year old of websites. Glad i'm near the end and didn't get spoiled.

Don't get the need to do it, every video is titled boss x guide. Each video is just a video of someone fighting (badly) said boss, no guidance whatsoever. Literally pointless!

Jobbs

Banned
Can't say I agree, and I'll never get the "solo or die" 'elitism'. It makes the game considerably easier, but Souls games are so much more than just high difficulty.

which is why I recoil at the thought of wasting the experience on coop, just plowing through it mindlessly like zerg rather than taking it all in at a solo pace without your attention divided

noomi

Well, I got as far as creating my character last night and then had to log off lol.

Hoping I'll be able to put in a little bit of game-time today :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When you are out of estus, almost dead, have been exploring for ages, just killed some big fat guy and are in a whole new zone and then discover a shortcut opening to the begining where you can rest...

giphy.gif

these fucking games man.

J4g3r

First invasion was an elevator kill, almost too damn perfect haha!

Also seen about 4 people already called Guts - Definitely a From Software game.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So it turns out the release of this game was delayed at the end moment in India and nobody knows when it will release. WTF kinda shit is this Namco? I actually went bonkers at the retailer who called me to tell me that he wasnt getting the copies. I thought he must've screwed up but then I checked the net and Amazon doesnt have it either and news tells me no one knows when it will be showing up. WTH! Fucking furious! My fully paid order and I dont know when I will get it.

Goddamnit!

Frillen

If I choose Divine Blessing as the /starting giftburial gift, will that restock every time I use a bonfire? What is a good starting gift/burial gift for a Knight/Warrior?

Zocano

If a pyromancer wants to go melee, what sort of build should I go with?

It's a while before you can make weapons that scale with faith or int but that's *probably* what you want.

So you're best off using a fire weapon or dark weapon that you can pick up early, since scaling isn't a thing for you for some time.

If I choose Divine Blessing as the burial gift, will that restock every time I use a bonfire? What is a good burial gift for a Knight/Warrior?

There's only 2 decent gifts: the ring or fire gem. The others are super niche one time use things that are rare to common in game items.

aravuus

First invasion. Was so easy the dude I had summoned just sat down to watch after a while and I fought the invader alone.

which is why I recoil at the thought of wasting the experience on coop, just plowing through it mindlessly like zerg rather than taking it all in at a solo pace without your attention divided

No what the fuck lol. It's all still there, you're just finding everything with a friend.

Video games are meant to be fun, jesus. If you're having fun, you're not wasting shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how plentiful are titanite shards? should I be hoarding them or can I go ahead and upgrade this broadsword I picked up...its no greatsword but its better than my starting longsword at least and im enjoying it

Audioboxer

If a pyromancer wants to go melee, what sort of build should I go with?

Dex compliments cast speed. Early game the deep axe or astora sword with fire gem infusion are decent. Axe doesn't require any stat investment, sword only requires 1 to go into dex. The Uchi is well known but requires a decent dex increase off the bat.

Later on probably something dex based, or from a weapon with faith scaling.

IIRC 20 dex plus the speed casting ring maxes out cast speed.

Moff

It's a while before you can make weapons that scale with faith or int but that's *probably* what you want.

So you're best off using a fire weapon or dark weapon that you can pick up early, since scaling isn't a thing for you for some time.

isnt some dexterity good for pyro?

Zocano

how plentiful are titanite shards? should I be hoarding them or can I go ahead and upgrade this broadsword I picked up...its no greatsword but its better than my starting longsword at least and im enjoying it

They're super stingy with them early on unless you want to farm like a madman. Don't hoard though, there's no reason to. Make a weapon strong so you can progress to areas that have more plentiful titanite.

isnt some dexterity good for pyro?

I don't think dex speeds up cast times in this game.

ogbg

Plentiful enough.
And at some point you might find some ash which unlocks them at the shopkeeper

Tried to run through...
second bonfire in cathedral of the deep. That didn't go well! Lots of little fire people. Oh well, guess I'll have to fight my way back to the big blue doors.

psychotron

When you are out of estus, almost dead, have been exploring for ages, just killed some big fat guy and are in a whole new zone and then discover a shortcut opening to the begining where you can rest...

giphy.gif

these fucking games man.

I hear that. After clearing a lot of a really nasty area, I approach every corner with major anxiety, lol. When you finally see that bonfire, or open that shortcut....one of the best feelings in gaming.

Audioboxer

They're super stingy with them early on unless you want to farm like a madman. Don't hoard though, there's no reason to. Make a weapon strong so you can progress to areas that have more plentiful titanite.

I don't think dex speeds up cast times in this game.

Yeah it does, as I said above I think 20 dex and the speed cast ring maxes out cast speed.

Mandelbo

I guess this is a more of a question for DS2 (halfway through it), can you trade Titanite Shards for Large/Twinkling?

No. There's a merchant at the start of Harvest Valley who sells better titanite depending on how far through the game you are. Exhaust her dialogue and she'll go to Majula.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Finally started the game! Choosed deprived, must confess first boss handed my ass 10 tries before I got by him. Will go for a long session tonight! Shit I love these games, best there is.

aravuus

Wow, found a completely new bonfire and npc in the settlement that I hadn't found before

And I've spent hours and hours around this area too

vac

Neo Member
Bloodstains not showing anything for anyone else? Occasionally 1 works...Is it just due to server load or something?

noomi

But Destiny update

Oh man, I haven't touched Destiny for a while and as much as I would love to go back and play with some old friends I just don't have the time to put into it anymore :(

It's all about my son nowadays, I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes to watch TV and eat some food uninterrupted these days :p

Audioboxer

I think it scales up to 40. Someone posted a video on here or the import thread a few days ago

EDIT: Maybe they weren't wearing the ring though

Probably not. I'm going off what others say about 20 dex/ring, but I guess it could make sense depending on how much the ring boosts speed. I'm assuming if there is a +1/+2 variant of the ring dex can also be scaled back. I don't know where the ring is, nor do I want to spoil where it is, so I can't test as of yet.

There obviously has to be a cap or we'd have insta spell spam lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom