• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fuck, I just can't get past the first boss haha.
I can get him to 50% health without getting hit fairly reliably but I'm having and incredibly hard time reading his moves after that. Soon though. Soon.

xuchu

Still waiting on my amazon uk copy... The parcel status hasn't updated since 3am yesterday, and royal mail doesn't recognise the tracking number either. Everything else I've preordered from amazon arrived on release day, so I'm hopeful this will too.

Ordered the strategy guide off amazon uk and got an email today saying it's delayed. Hopefully that's not the case with the actual game.

I've made it to
Cathedral of the Deep
and been there for the last three hours. I have no clue where to go or what to do. This is the most lost I think I've ever been in a Souls game. I think I'm just about beat for the night.
I killed Deacons, and I raised some giant gate things, I opened doors and found shortcuts and bonfires, but for all that, I have no idea what I'm actually trying to accomplish in this MASSIVE area. This is some straight up Tower of Latria shit.

Mandelbo

Ordered the strategy guide off amazon uk and got an email today saying it's delayed. Hopefully that's not the case with the actual game.

Shouldn't be - it at least says my parcel has been dispatched! Although if you go on the amazon page now it looks as though they've run out of stock, since it's a third party selling them now with an estimated delivery time that stretches into May.

Dommel

Fuck, I just can't get past the first boss haha.
I can get him to 50% health without getting hit fairly reliably but I'm having and incredibly hard time reading his moves after that. Soon though. Soon.

To my own amazement I almost got him the first try, down to maybe 10%.

So I ran in very confidently for my second try only to get my ass handed to me the next 7-10 tries.

Oh Dark Souls, how I love thee.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yuria already showed up. I guess you mean Purging Stones? Aren't they temporary and you will continue to hollow if you die? Kinda wanna get rid of it permanently.

There's also a ring that makes you look human that you can get.

Ratrat

Are you supposed to attack illusory walls? All the ones that had messages wont open for me. Either they are lies or im doing something wrong.

Robiin

Uchigatana
get! That tested my 1v1 Souls skills, something I needed.

And oh my god I had missed the second bonfire in High Wall of Lothric.. always got to the
transforming
enemy with zero estus........

aravuus

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Are you fucking kidding me?

Yuria already showed up. I guess you mean Purging Stones? Aren't they temporary and you will continue to hollow if you die? Kinda wanna get rid of it permanently.

Yes, those. She will leave if you cure the dark sigil, but still won't cure your current hollowing, your choice but make sure you get everything for her and kill her for loot.

each boss and to and including the witch who splits into multiples and shit has been so boring so far. not much challenge in them - but lots of mediocre enemy placements and the ability to get easily stunlocked in groups. hope they get better than simple cheesing.

i love the game so far, but definitely feels like dark souls 2-2 with slight dashes of bloodborne so far to me

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Unable to summon phantom

Are you fucking kidding me?

not a network issue. they've been summoned before you got to them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah these
resident evil black goo zombies
are deffinitely a problem early on, good lord :/

spoiler question about High Wall

Im finding a lot of locked doors in this place, by any chance was that tower key that the vendor in firelink shrine sold for these door or is it for a later zone? I cant afford 20k souls this early on

ramyeon

Yes, those. She will leave if you cure the dark sigil, but still won't cure your current hollowing, your choice but make sure you get everything for her and kill her for loot.
Oh so she actually leaves if you cure it? Might just see if I can get that ring then :/

Anyone know where the ring is at?

Edit: Yuria sells it, okay cool.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
To my own amazement I almost got him the first try, down to maybe 10%.

So I ran in very confidently for my second try only to get my ass handed to me the next 7-10 tries.

Oh Dark Souls, how I love thee.

Obviously, I managed to beat him right after posting here. Feels good man
Man, I totally forgot about two handing weapons, that made the difference here

getting solid fps but having major crashing issues on pc. Not predictable ones like the bonfire glitch, just random :(

Yeah, me too.

yeah these

Im finding a lot of locked doors in this place, by any chance was that tower key that the vendor in firelink shrine sold for these door or is it for a later zone? I cant afford 20k souls this early on

kill them quickly in hollow form to prevent the transformation.

the key only grants access to another area for later game. don't waste the souls yet

Taking a break for food. Videos from session 1!

Killing that tough enemy in the tutorial section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEACmc70Xs

The other two are bosses:

Iudex Gundyr
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBZUfdYmqs

Vordt of the Boreal Valley
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss8xpI8Z7Xw

I love the Uchigatana so much I just kinda...get greedy with it. But the thing is, the special attack with it actually does lower your hitbox so you can duck under some enemy attacks, which is freaking amazing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've made it to
Cathedral of the Deep
and been there for the last three hours. I have no clue where to go or what to do. This is the most lost I think I've ever been in a Souls game. I think I'm just about beat for the night.
I killed Deacons, and I raised some giant gate things, I opened doors and found shortcuts and bonfires, but for all that, I have no idea what I'm actually trying to accomplish in this MASSIVE area. This is some straight up Tower of Latria shit.

Yeah, the areas are so huge it can get daunting. Just try to remember (or write down) where the branching paths were.

I really don't mind the lack of interconnected areas when the levels themselves are so huge and complex like in this game.

This doesn't let up either. Most of the areas are very complex, only a few optional areas are more compact.

Made it a few areas in, up to
the poison swampy place, and I also have the cathedral of the deep entrance bonfire open
. Using the Uchigatana and a Great Scythe, really enjoying both of their new movesets. The scythe especially is sooooo much better than it was in 2.

Also, random question: I got the key to the tower, and
the firekeeper soul. Gave it to whatsherface, and she offers 'dark sigil' healing now. Is that related to the pilgrim dude's 'extra level up' stuff? Or is it some other thing that I'll find out about later?
It doesn't seem very important, but you never know... And what does
the crow
want?

aravuus

not a network issue. they've been summoned before you got to them

No, there's definitely something else going on too. The very first summon sign I try, it starts summoning, loads for 10-15 seconds and then says unable to summon. After that, every sign says unable to summon immediately, no matter how fast I am. Resting at bonfire seems to reset it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
yeah these

The key is for something else.

You can get a key for a specific door in that area, but the rest of them are opened from the other side.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Also, random question: I got the key to the tower, and
the firekeeper soul. Gave it to whatsherface, and she offers 'dark sigil' healing now. Is that related to the pilgrim dude's 'extra level up' stuff? Or is it some other thing that I'll find out about later?
It doesn't seem very important, but you never know... And what does
the crow
want?

If you've
leveled up at Yoel's, you've begun the (optional) hollowing process. Now with each death you'll get a higher hollow level, which you can heal at the firekeeper. Your appearance can be healed with a purging stone. There don't seem to be any adverse effects related to hollowing however. I've had a 99 hollow level since the early hours of the game. Some folks have speculated that summoning (for covenants) may be harder, since the logo looks ruined/broken if you're hollowed.

Nuzzgok

Really not sure why I've died to
Curse rotted greatwood
so many times, I only died a couple times up to now, he's kicked my ass a dozen times

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys these
black goo guys
are fucking me up man, I cant find a opening, I cant see a pattern :/

Vorheez

Can i get the key for the swamp in
undead settlement
and how do I make that damn elevator go up? My friend was able to do it, but he doesn't know exactly how

guys these
black goo guys
are fucking me up man, I cant find a opening, I cant see a pattern :/

I killed one legit once. That satisfied me. Now I just run up to the one that I know is going to transform and quickly hit it twice, which kills it before it can transform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom