• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe: Sad, frustrating, potentially super disrespectful news dropping tomorrow about Playstation

Fake

Small update:

F**k you to who?

Neil Cuckman? IDK, thats why bussiness don't mix with politics. All those things happening those days, war, Argentina vote for president... is enough to make those politics figure ignorants at the point of insulting everyone. Thats why we don't mix games with politics.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why do you guys give this man clout?
Cuz every now and then he says something team green/team blue agrees with.

If you look up threads with his name.
When he criticizes Microsoft the same people complaining that this man is out of touch will be praising him as a genius, while team green will be saying: "why even bother listening to this cat, he hasnt made a game in years"
When he criticizes Sony those green rats who dismissed him, are on his side.

circle-marriage.gif

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
@davidscottjaffe
"Sad, frustrating, potentially super disrespectful news dropping tomorrow about Playstation if my sources are correct. I talk around it in this ****members only video**** but in less than 24 hours I'm sure the journalists will get hold of it and tell the tale"

Maybe he liked to work with her, or maybe he wants to increase his members. It seems like a very personal situation.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Much ado about nothing........

Wait its her and her whole team?

Who is taking over Product Development then?
This could be bigger news than people realize

EDIT:
Looks like its Angie Smet taking over, shes already been at it.
So lets see what the next slate of Playstation titles are under Angie.

DP3f1LaUIAAhJUq.jpg

EDIT2:
Imma guess it was just a restructuring.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I'm assuming there's probably a good reason for this? ha! Trying not to be a corp shill, but I mean, you don't just do something like this on a whim.

nial

Gold Member
Back when SIE Was SCE, you had leadership at SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE. Now that it is SIE, everything is headquartered in California
? SIE LLC (USA) and SIE Inc. (Japan) do have the same leadership, but that doesn't mean they don't exist as their own legal entity anymore.

Hermen Hulzt probably.

He's a games guy. He doesn't know how to run a business.

The common factor between Kaz, House and Ryan was that they ran huge chunks of SIE before landing that job.

Hulst runs the Studios. He knows little of marketing, corporate synergy etc

I wouldn't want him in charge of the whole ship.

Last edited:
I like jaffe but this is ridiculous. This is what social media seems to do to everyone. They all end up desperate for views and clicks so they try to make a big deal about anything, desperately looking for attention. All the fucking things going on in the world right now and THIS is something sad and frustrating? Give me a fucking break.

Cyberpunkd

I like jaffe but this is ridiculous. This is what social media seems to do to everyone. They all end up desperate for views and clicks so they try to make a big deal about anything, desperately looking for attention. All the fucking things going on in the world right now and THIS is something sad and frustrating? Give me a fucking break.
Agreed. So an exec leaving and it's somehow "distrespectful" - GTFO your high horse Jaffe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hey gamers, I heard a mindblowing leak from a certain person I cant name yet. I'm not saying the leak is in the stratosphere like Apple buying Nintendo, but it's a sad day which will change gaming for a lot of you. If you want to hear more, sub to my YT channel.

The leak comes from a guy named David Jaffe. Ya I know. What a letdown.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
If presented the right way, with an info dump article and you know, some context for this person's existence and plight, and some kind of forecast about the dimensions of the Void she'll leave - then I think this would have been differently received.

But as it stands, in wartime 2023, he builds this up to be heavy hitting (and tbh, I didn't get the vibe you guys did, I thought the phrasing indicated somebody else got caught with their hands down an employees pants or some shit) and somber shit. Three times. Then talks about MORE INFO IF YOU PAY ME. Like....

Ehhhh.

I'm just as glad it's nothing world-changing. But thanks for the extra .02% of stress over a hobby of mine for eight hours or so.

Ansphn

Wait its her and her whole team?

Who is taking over Product Development then?
This could be bigger news than people realize

EDIT:
Looks like its Angie Smet taking over, shes already been at it.
So lets see what the next slate of Playstation titles are under Angie.

DP3f1LaUIAAhJUq.jpg

EDIT2:
Imma guess it was just a restructuring.
Why does Kojima have the yes I slept with her bro face? Lmao

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hopefully Neil druckman gets the Axe in my opinion he’s the equivalent of Nomura at SE completely blindsided by his own fantasies.
Duckman saved the studio.
UC4 is in another dimension than space nazis from previous games.
Tlou2 also. he gets too much hype and Hennig got too much praise

GymWolf

That's all? For this kind of "scoops" Jaffe's subscribers pay him?
The involuntary comedy gold could be another selling point, between the metroid dread debacle, the starfield praising and the nothing burgers news dude is almost as funny as chapelle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom