• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David O. Russell's upcoming Abscam film (Cooper, Bale + now Jawrence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://collider.com/jennifer-lawrence-david-o-russell-bradley-cooper-abscam-movie/

You see, Solo? A Sculli never goofs for long.

Jennifer Lawrence has a solid shot at winning the Best Actress Oscar later this month for her work in Silver Linings Playbook, and it looks like she’ll be reteaming with a couple of SLP vets sooner rather than later. Deadline reports that Lawrence is set to join the already impressive cast for director David O. Russell’s next film, formerly titled American Bullshit. The pic is based on a real-life undercover sting operation called Abscam, which was set up in the 1980s by a con artist working for the FBI who rooted out corruption in Congress. Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale are set in the lead roles, and now Lawrence is poised to star as Bale’s wife.

Ithil

It's a good thing she gives off the aura of a much older person, she must be half Bale's age at least.

Blader

I loved The Fighter and Silver Linings, cannot wait for this one. David O. Russell's career has been on a huge upswing the last couple of years.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ristmas-alessandro-nivola-joins-cast-20130312

Hitting THIS December. Somebody really wants that Oscar.

Sony has set a December 13th limited release date, followed by a Christmas Day wide expansion for O. Russell's upcoming Abscam movie, formerly titled "American Bullshit." And frankly, who can blame them? Just look at this cast: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, Amy Adams, Louis C.K. and Jennifer Lawrence (with Alessandro Nivola joining today). And the based-on-a-true-story tale sounds like a great big screen story. Penned by Eric Singer, the film will tell the true story of a famed financial con artist (Bale) and his mistress/partner in crime (Adams) who were forced to work with an out of control federal agent (Cooper) to turn the tables on other con artists, mobsters and politicians. At the epicenter of the entire tale is the passionate and volatile leader of the New Jersey state assembly (Renner), who is also the local hero and mayor of impoverished Camden. Lawrence will play Bale's wife, with Nivola as Reggio, a federal prosecutor.

jtb

Banned
Hopefully this movie is a bit more unhinged; the Fighter and Silver Linings Playbook were incredibly by the numbers.

Why doesn't David O. Russell get that Lawrence is way too young to be playing the romantic interest of people like Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale?

paully

Banned
Very interesting cast. I'll be curious to see how well their chemistry is on set. However, I have mixed feelings about David O. Russell's work.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Why doesn't David O. Russell get that Lawrence is way too young to be playing the romantic interest of people like Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale?

In Hollywood the lady is always a good 10-20 years younger than the man.

It's terrible, but the public keeps lapping it up.

In Hollywood the lady is always a good 10-20 years younger than the man.

It's terrible, but the public keeps lapping it up.
Yep. A shame more movies can't be like Avatar. Zoe is a good 6 years older than Sam. But then Avatar isn't very Hollywood.

Yep. A shame more movies can't be like Avatar. Zoe is a good 6 years older than Sam. But then Avatar isn't very Hollywood.

this was an impressive way to bring up Avatar

I had no clue Zoe was older than Sam Worthington, she doesn't look it at all. I guess it didn't matter anyway for her role.

edit: google says she's 34 and he's 36

Blader

I guess they're shooting this in Boston now, a friend of mine just told me she ran into Cooper, Renner, and Adams in her office building.

I'm really excited for this. Great cast.

side-note:
must know more about Bale's character

even though it's probably best I don't

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
At least this seems more interesting than Silver Linings Playbook.

this was an impressive way to bring up Avatar

I had no clue Zoe was older than Sam Worthington, she doesn't look it at all. I guess it didn't matter anyway for her role.

edit: google says she's 34 and he's 36

How do I favorite this post?

effzee

LOL @ Renner, he looks like a dumbass.

Doesn't he always?

And wasn't he taking a break from acting after shooting 8 movies nearly non stop over the past 3 years?

Wow at some of the pics. Bale is supposed to play a fatter man? Amy Adams looks like a villain from a Disney movie. And Cooper has braids?

Doesn't he always?

And wasn't he taking a break from acting after shooting 8 movies nearly non stop over the past 3 years?

Wow at some of the pics. Bale is supposed to play a fatter man? Amy Adams looks like a villain from a Disney movie. And Cooper has braids?

To be fair, this is Renner's first production in over a year -- quite a break for anyone.

Kobe24

christian-bale-comb-over-cut-for-abscam-with-amy-adams-14.jpg

christian-bale-comb-over-cut-for-abscam-with-amy-adams-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom