• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Tenbatsu said:
So, can you adjust the difficulty in game since you already played the game?

Yep, my De Lorean is getting washed as we type.

drohne said:
lolz. why not go all the way and replace the zombies with wii users -- tell them how you really feel, capcom

They could add a vocal audio loop "Stop whining! Stop whining! Stop Whining!" as they stammer towards the protagonist.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
yoopoo said:
But the game you want is already out, you can play it right now.

So you're whining about the potential of DR2, which potentially might not come out, having the changes of Wii version of DR. A+ argument you have here.

They don't give a shit about this game, they couldn't care less.
They'd be laughing their ass off if it was just a port of the 360 game.
What they fear is this:

Changes of the DR to make for a different take on the game to cater for Wii
DR Wii sells good:

a)DR2 goes to Wii. = suicide/whining
b) DR2 gets made with those changes intact. Those same changes that, mind you, have been made to cater specifically too Wii and Wii's audience, and which are bad no matter what.

Talk about hyperbole.
And, obviously, the possibility that maybe, if DR Wii is gonna bomb, there's not even going to be a DR2 doesn't even get contemplated.

a Master Ninja said:
Those guys are not true Dead Rising fans.
Amen.

But I don't mind this Wii Rising. It's cute and gives your little sister something to play. But I'm also going on the assumption that DR2 will be a proper waggle less effort.

BTW, all this DR talk is making me want to tackle the 10 day surviver achievement again. Where is my disc...

KevinCow

Banned
Wow at all the bitching.

I've said it before, but there will never be a Wii game announcement thread that doesn't end in bitching. Either Wii owners will bitch about developers not supporting the console with the games they want, or Wii haters will bitch about how Wii and waggle and casual gamers are ruining gaming.

Also, you're kidding yourself if you think the bitching is because the Dead Rising fans are afraid that a game they enjoy will be dumbed down in future iterations. The bitching started well before we knew these details. The bitching is from people who hate the fact that the Wii is getting a game.

pakkit

Banned
Himuro said:
It certainly didn't interest you when it was on 360. But I guess it's fine when it appears on the wii completely nerfed.
Seriously, I mean Wii gamers can't have interest in several consoles or be able to contain their joy when they hear that a previously Xbox360 exclusive game that was notoriously difficult and niche gets changes that many would argue could be for the better, as well as new content. Nerfed indeed. You'll have your Dead Rising 2, and so will I, just wait the fuck up.

Lich_King

I played game once on my friend's 360 and was hoping for PC version, but Wii version is also fine with me if it's done right.
And that timer was not very fun, I'm happy it's gone :D

Mar

Wow. Surprised to say the least. My friend and I who 1kd DR on 360 used to joke about a Wii version. Battle through hordes of zombies 3 deep!

The game looks great though from the screens I've seen. I'll be buying it day 1. A scaled down DR is still one of the best games of this generation, and I'm in for more. Besides that, I'm over joyed that the game will have a second chance at creating millions of more fans. The game deserves all the attention it can get.

Now, where's DR 2 god damn it.

Edit:

Linkzg said:
Um, they already said in it that you can't take pictures.

Oh fuck. Serious? Ok, who knew only reading the first 6 pages of the thread wasn't enough to gauge what was going on.

Picture taking was probably the most awesome feature of the game. I may join the bitching band wagon. Probably still buy it though. Who can resist.

Twig

Banned
KevinCow said:
Wow at all the bitching.

I've said it before, but there will never be a Wii game announcement thread that doesn't end in bitching. Either Wii owners will bitch about developers not supporting the console with the games they want, or Wii haters will bitch about how Wii and waggle and casual gamers are ruining gaming.
If you think I hate the Wii, you're an idiot.
Also, you're kidding yourself if you think the bitching is because the Dead Rising fans are afraid that a game they enjoy will be dumbed down in future iterations. The bitching started well before we knew these details. The bitching is from people who hate the fact that the Wii is getting a game.
No it didn't!

I guess it's not an "if" anymore.

yoopoo

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
They don't give a shit about this game, they couldn't care less.
They'd be laughing their ass off if it was just a port of the 360 game.
What they fear is this:

Changes of the DR to make for a different take on the game to cater for Wii
DR Wii sells good:

a)DR2 goes to Wii. = suicide/whining
b) DR2 gets made with those changes intact. Those same changes that, mind you, have been made to cater specifically too Wii and Wii's audience, and which are bad no matter what.

Talk about hyperbole.
And, obviously, the possibility that maybe, if DR Wii is gonna bomb, there's not even going to be a DR2 doesn't even get contemplated.

So I was right...this really is your argument.

yoopoo said:
So you're whining about the potential of DR2, which potentially might not come out, having the changes of Wii version of DR. A+ argument you have here.

So to sum it up, you're unhappy because Wii version exists. Well then...whine on.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
051.jpg

"Shit, there's like 15 Zombies in the parking lot. How will we ever escape!???"

Chinner

Banned
its hard to see, but if usually if you look directly below there will be a large collection of zombies at the door it self.

Top Bottom