• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Coming to Wii - Famitsu

Twig

Banned
d+pad said:
Jesus christ - so don't buy the 'dumbed down' version when it comes out on Wii. Oh, wait, you weren't going to anyway!
Of course I'm fucking not. I never said I was going to. I never complained about this version being dumbed down. I don't give a fuck. I have my infinitely superior 360 version about ten feet away from me.

The problem is not the Wii version. It is the sequel maybe being dumbed down to attract a "wider audience."
Regarding your assumed worry about a sequel - what I meant by my comparison to how Capcom is handling the RE series is that a proper sequel to this game likely won't come out on Wii anyway and likely won't be dumbed down, either. So what are you crying about?
God you are dumb.

sangreal

d+pad said:
Why do you care if the game is easier? I'm being honest - why does that bother you? Would you buy it if it was harder? Or are you just complaining because you don't like that Capcom is making a game for the Wii (a stupid port, no less)?

Because I think Dead Rising 360 was an awesome experience, and I'm disappointed that people who play it on the Wii instead won't be able to share in that experience.

Who knows, maybe it'll be better and worth rebuying for us wii60 people, but I doubt it.

Flo_Evans

TheOneGuy said:
I wouldn't have minded a mode like that.

And, no, I'm not talking about Infinity mode. I'm talking about a simple fuck-around-all-you-want-mode. I loved Dead Rising as it was (except Otis), but is a simple extra sandbox mode too much to ask? Just for funsies?

uh it did that if you failed a primary objective and you picked continue instead of reload.

The timer? No camera? WTF. The disembowel would of been so satisfying on the wii but they are probably going to cut out the advanced hand to hand moves too!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
d+pad said:
Look, I'm not defending the stupid companies that are bringing dumbed down or 'baby' games to the Wii - I don't want that shit either and can't understand why people spend their money on it. But I fail to see how this is the same thing. Capcom hasn't turned all of the zombies into Miis, have they? They haven't turned the game into a series of moronic mini-games, have they?.

This.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Man, I just loveeee how people can complain about shit that isn't even anywhere near release. Acting as if they know exactly how the Wii version is going to play, now without the inclusion of certain features.

And this.

Finally some brain.

Formless said:
I don't have a 360, so I'm looking forward to this.

Good, since this game is aimed at YOU.

I'm going to want to see gameplay videos. If its great, its a day one for me. Glad, I don't have to buy a 360 to play this game.

MEGATON! :lol

Linkup said:
Sad what happened to this thread. Goodness, how did things go so bad for such good news?
It's not the idea of a port going to the Wii that got people riled up, but the line about changing the game to better suit the more casual Wii audience. Not the direction Dead Rising fans want to see the franchise head, obviously.

This shit is still going on? Damn. People, if you don't like it, leave the thread and let those who do like or care about the game discuss it without constant bickering and whining.

Arde5643

a Master Ninja said:
It's not the idea of a port going to the Wii that got people riled up, but the line about changing the game to better suit the more casual Wii audience. Not the direction Dead Rising fans want to see the franchise head, obviously.
You mean the same Dead Rising fans who complained and whined to Capcom to change the timer and save system?

Hero

The key point people in this thread are missing that if Capcom felt Dead Rising 2 would be more profitable than Dead Rising 1 Wii then they'd making it. But, they're not.

Hero said:
The key point people in this thread are missing that if Capcom felt Dead Rising 2 would be more profitable than Dead Rising 1 Wii then they'd making it. But, they're not.

As a gamer, why do I give a shit about that key point?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Himuro said:
This is another reason we Dead Rising fanbase are pissed the fuck off.

Well like I said, boo fucking hoo. Don't blame Capcom or the Wii userbase- blame the 360's Japan userbase who wouldn't even buy more than 80 thousand units.

schuelma

Oh and let's wait until we get more than a fucking Famitsu interview before we call it "nerfed". Clearly, its not goinng to be the same game, but it could very well turn into a quality product.

a Master Ninja said:
Honestly, I just want a straight port. I don't own a 360 yet but I LOVE DR (played it on my friend's system). I want to be able to get the same game structure experience on Wii but with the new controls. This is definitely not what I had in mind.

Wow, this is complete garbage. They stripped out everything that made it unique and turned it into just another 3rd person action game.

I haven't liked a single thing Capcom has done since Dead Rising, and I thought that they were finally back on track. But no, they're dead. Capcom is dead. RIP Capcom.

Snogger_T

Himuro said:
This is another reason we Dead Rising fanbase are pissed the fuck off.

Most of you haven't even played Dead Rising. Hence your interest in the first place. It certainly didn't interest you when it was on 360. But I guess it's fine when it appears on the wii completely nerfed.

- I really wanted to play dead rising (watched a friend play it), but due to the fact that I can't afford a 360, I can't play it. I own a Wii, so I'm excited (cautiously) about the chance to finally get to play it. If they dumb it down too much, I'll just wait till I can finally afford a 360 and pick it up.

schuelma

BobJustBob said:
Wow, this is complete garbage. They stripped out everything that made it unique and turned it into just another 3rd person action game.

I haven't liked a single thing Capcom has done since Dead Rising, and I thought that they were finally back on track. But no, they're dead. Capcom is dead. RIP Capcom.

:lol :lol :lol :lol You're serious?

vareon

BobJustBob said:

This is called overreaction.

Himuro said:
Most of you haven't even played Dead Rising. Hence your interest in the first place. It certainly didn't interest you when it was on 360. But I guess it's fine when it appears on the wii completely nerfed.
Didn't play it then, doubt I'll play it now, don't see what the big deal is. It doesn't change how the 360 version plays nor does it rule out a sequel that has the exact same features of the first, so who cares?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BobJustBob said:

Uhh you could always... umm... not buy the game?

a Master Ninja said:
Those guys are not true Dead Rising fans.

Truth.

Snogger_T said:
- I really wanted to play dead rising (watched a friend play it), but due to the fact that I can't afford a 360, I can't play it. I own a Wii, so I'm excited (cautiously) about the chance to finally get to play it. If they dumb it down too much, I'll just wait till I can finally afford a 360 and pick it up.

You won't finally get to play it, you will get to play a game under the same name and story, but with all the key gameplay aspects torn out.

schuelma said:
Oh and let's wait until we get more than a fucking Famitsu interview before we call it "nerfed". Clearly, its not goinng to be the same game, but it could very well turn into a quality product.

Um, they already said in it that you can't take pictures. Anyone who played Dead Rising would realize how that aspect is so big to the gameplay. They also took out the idea of time management. It would be like taking Zelda MM and removing the entire day cycle and mask system.

I'm not doubting that it could be good in its own way, because as I said I probably will still buy it, but for the future of the series it doesn't seem to good if they think they could remove two of the best aspects in Dead Rising and make this port.

johnsmith

remember me
Taking pictures sucked and was boring. It was only good for trying to take pictures of tits.

And the time aspect was frustrating.

Good riddance.

J-Rock

Banned
What the hell has happened to some of you gamers this gen? I see so much whining anymore. So many filling the internet with bitter rants. I fear for some of you if you are over the age of 20.

Why would anyone want to waiste their own time thinking about something they don't like? Seems boderline masochistic.

Don't like something? Do youself a favor...don't pay attention to it. Don't buy it.

lupin23rd

joetachi said:
I cant wait for this gen to end, its full of winy bitches from all sides more so than any other generation.

If Sony doesn't win (has Wii already won?), then this gen is only the first gen of the dreaded "two year domination" cycle so expect another generation at least of it! :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the more I see and hear about this game, the more excited I am getting for it. I absolutely love Dead Rising. It is my hands down favorite game for the Xbox 360. This "port" looks to be a lot more ambitious than any of the other projects Capcom has done for the Wii. The fact that it is an over-the-shoulder view ala Biohazard 4 will probably make the game feel different enough to set it apart from its 360 counterpart. I don't think it will ever replace the 360 game in terms of quality, but considering my Wii is just collecting dust I am happy that something that interests me is going to be released.

BlueTsunami said:
He expects us to stop whining and take it up da butt.
Or whine when you've actually tried the title? Someone, anyone has tried the title?

Does any change have to be a detriment to some of you people?

This is a different game then Dead Rising on 360. This is Dead Rising being remade for the Wii. A game with effort thrown in to re imagine Dead Rising. You guys act all pissed when an experience doesn't change when heading to the Wii, and then bitch when it does.

Dead Rising in name only. But who's to say that's a bad thing?

yoopoo

Banned
I still don't understand the bitchy whining, morons are pissed that this game isn't a carbon copy of the 360 version? Is that the whole problem?

KTallguy

Banned
I'd say it's worth buying a 360 to play the original game.

The Wii port is kind of like a WTF thing for me.
I hope that Dead Rising 2 is announced for PS3/360, and has more zombies, and maybe has a weaksauce mode for the haters.

Kind of like how RE4 Wii port funds the moneys for RE5 on PS3/360 :lol

yoopoo said:
I still don't understand the bitchy whining, morons are pissed that this game isn't a carbon copy of the 360 version? Is that the whole problem?

I think the point is that if you take away the timer and the camera, the game loses a lot of its uniqueness, and becomes much easier and generic. If you're a fan, then you'd instinctively think that perhaps DR2 will go in this direction, and that perhaps you'd be pissed if it did.

I'm totally understanding where people are coming from.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
KTallguy said:

I hope that Dead Rising 2 is announced for PS3/360, and has more zombies, and maybe has a weaksauce mode for the haters.

No, RE4 Wii is funding RE5 Wii
BELIEVE

:p

KTallguy said:

I think the point is that if you take away the timer and the camera, the game loses a lot of its uniqueness, and becomes much easier and generic. If you're a fan, then you'd instinctively think that perhaps DR2 will go in this direction, and that perhaps you'd be pissed if it did.

I'm totally understanding where people are coming from.
so basically the people bitching are a bunch of idiots who likes to make noise over things they aren't sure of.

yoopoo

Banned
But the game you want is already out, you can play it right now.

So you're whining about the potential of DR2, which potentially might not come out, having the changes of Wii version of DR. A+ argument you have here.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
yoopoo said:

Its nearly a carbon copy of the 360 version, just with stripped out difficulty.

Arde5643

Andrex said:
...so no one's excited for the extra content?
The thread's overcrowded by the dissenting voices of the very very very few so any useful information is buried underneath whinings and cries.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lolz. why not go all the way and replace the zombies with wii users -- tell them how you really feel, capcom

Top Bottom