• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadwood Reunion Update: It Looks Like It's Really, Probably Happening

Link.

Another month, another promising Deadwood movie update — and this one comes directly from two members of the beloved HBO drama’s ensemble.

Appearing in TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite on Thursday, Deadwood alums Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs) and Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter) — who were on hand promoting Fear the Walking Dead — both revealed that HBO recently reached out to the principal cast regarding the long-gestating mini-revival.

“They’ve called for our availability,” Dickens told me, prompting Callie to chime in: “Mine, too!”

The news comes roughly three months after Deadwood leading man Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) divulged to TVLine that series creator David Milch delivered to HBO the two-hour movie script. “We’d all love to do it,” he declared. “It would be nice to see all of the old gang again.”

It’s worth noting that HBO has yet to formally give a green light to the project. A rep for the cabler declined to comment for this story.

As previously reported, Milch is currently working on a potential third season of True Detective with the anthology drama’s creator Nic Pizzolatto.

God I hope so. Recently did a rewatch and it's still one of the best HBO shows, and just in general one of my favorite tv shows ever.

Just make it happen HBO, don't be dicks.

Shy

LR8G8ab.gif

There's some great TV around at the moment, some is the best there has ever been IMO...I'm stoked for new Westworld, Narcos, GoT etc but for me, Deadwood tops them all. I'm guessing the movie / Season 4 is going to be set after the first fire which burnt Deadwood to the ground? Shame that there'll be no Cy or Richardson... I hope they can get all or most of the previous cast back, if the writing and directing is still on point this is going to be amazing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I meant besides his collaboration in TD's S03. Are there news about him helming a new show on HBO later on?

I'm still salty about Luck.

Luck was so damn good. Probably one of the biggest reasons I'm more patient with shows now, as that one had a really slow start.

I don't know if I want Deadwood anymore without Powers Boothe.

Top Bottom