• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Toro's Pacific Rim is the Godzilla movie GINO wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

New video with first glimpse at one of the Kaiju's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6kk1bTqJs

So hyped!

Z82c9.png

Jesus Christ cant wait!!

Hindle

Banned
I've got a bad feeling this could end up terrible, like where the concept ends up being better then the film. I really hope I'm wrong though.

MYE

i think people shouldnt over analyze this video. its just like those viral Cloverfield spots back then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTIgSmohe0&feature=related

just mooore awesome

Oh the video was fine. What worries me are the two pieces of media that might indicate what the movie will look like.

I dont like it :/

The generic robot on the poster looks like a middle of the road video game CG model, and the set pic + prop designs looks completely fake and toyish (in a bad way).

FartOfWar

Banned
Oh the video was fine. What worries me are the two pieces of media that might indicate what the movie will look like.

I dont like it :/

The generic robot on the poster looks like a middle of the road video game CG model, and the set pic + prop designs looks completely fake and toyish (in a bad way).

I agree. Fucking Hexagons? Straight out of the dollar store toy aisle/or every second sci-fi FPS with wretched art direction. Here's an American monster-fighting mech done right:
tumblr_lvgj84jxkI1qlrnapo1_500.png

That footage!!! Holy shit!

I'm so happy right now! Didn't expect it to look so gritty (Assuming the monster footage is from the movie and not just promotional), but wow, that works well.

nomis

I agree. Fucking Hexagons? Straight out of the dollar store toy aisle/or every second sci-fi FPS with wretched art direction. Here's an American monster-fighting mech done right:
tumblr_lvgj84jxkI1qlrnapo1_500.png

Are you similarly going to review this movie using the entire review scale? Only for Sci-fi with hexagons in the art style.

Saw a trailer for this at Comic Con and it looks... incredible. You guys needn't worry, this movie is everything you ever wanted, and much more.

jett

D-Member
The Australian one seems to be the sleekest looking so far, but they all look pretty similar. I hope they look better in motion, is all I have to say. :p

Saw a trailer for this at Comic Con and it looks... incredible. You guys needn't worry, this movie is everything you ever wanted, and much more.

Protip: every trailer looks incredible at SDCC.

It's a mixture of just having heard the creative team talk, hype, and the room going fucking nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom