• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Perhaps they renamed the Blizzard launcher to re-purpose the Battle.net brand for other Activision games
like Destiny

I've seen people say this before but I don't see what possible connection you guys are making here. I mean if Activision were to use that launcher for their other non-Blizzard games, why would they change the name to "Blizzard". Battle.net is a much more neutral name in comparison despite the history associated with it and it certainly won't be any worse than the history associated with the name Blizzard.

If Destiny 2 is as content-starved as Destiny 1 was then it's a problem.

The odds Bungie would make the same mistakes they made with Destiny 1 launch with Destiny 2 is highly unlikely. They've restructured the entire studio, delayed the game, and changed the leadership of Bungie to make sure that doesn't happen again.

I expect Destiny 2 will be huge right from the get go.

gatti-man

PC version makes me a bit sad inasmuch as I assume the PS4 community is going to jump ship for the PC version.

Exclusive content and massive existing player base says that won't happen. I have a $4k gaming rig on PC and I'm buying on PS4 because of the player base.

I don't like that they're not wearing helmets.

As the Health and Safety lead...I'm going to have to insist that everyone puts their goddamn helmets back on. There are aliens shooting bullets out there guardians...

PC version makes me a bit sad inasmuch as I assume the PS4 community is going to jump ship for the PC version.

I would imagine there are a lot of PS4 Pro owners out there already or current PS4 owners looking to eventually upgrade to the Pro for 4K and in combination with the PS Exclusive content deal I wouldn't be worried about that in the least.

Ragarra

Im only disappointed in the PC release because we will have no more secrets to discover or surprises due to data mining everything as soon as a patch releases.

I could not care less about the box art though since Ill be going digital anyways. Destiny is best when played digitally.

Tagyhag

I'm still not going to preorder, I have to see what they learned from 1.

PS4 version will be fine, the only people that will jump ship are people like me who already have a gaming PC and don't have a Destiny group on PS4.

Gator86

The odds Bungie would make the same mistakes they made with Destiny 1 launch with Destiny 2 is highly unlikely. They've restructured the entire studio, delayed the game, and changed the leadership of Bungie to make sure that doesn't happen again.

dreams.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

Interfectum

I'm still not going to preorder, I have to see what they learned from 1.

PS4 version will be fine, the only people that will jump ship are people like me who already have a gaming PC and don't have a Destiny group on PS4.

Depends on what the PC version offers, tbh.

The cover is dumb. But I'm getting the steel box anywAy so I'll never have to look at it.

As it is now. Destiny disc hardly ever leaves my ps4 so I don't often have to look at the box anywAy.

TyrantII

Activision is also all guns firing on sub-studios creating content, leaving bungie for the actual game development.

The man hours in creating art content for RNG RPGs like this is mind boggling, so it's going to help along with those engine changes.

My only worry is if the new engine is completely new from the ground up, it might feel very different. Bungie always delivered, but take a look at MEA for the problems a new engine can contribute to. (Granted that could be a studio issue as well).

Gator86

I mean it's not exactly an unreasonable conclusion to come to when you consider who is now in charge of Destiny 2 (the leads behind TTK) and what we've heard bout the game from guys like Shinobi and Jason.

Sure, it definitely lines up with what people are saying. I'm just not going to believe anything until there's review copies out in the wild.

Admodieus

I've seen people say this before but I don't see what possible connection you guys are making here. I mean if Activision were to use that launcher for their other non-Blizzard games, why would they change the name to "Blizzard". Battle.net is a much more neutral name in comparison despite the history associated with it and it certainly won't be any worse than the history associated with the name Blizzard.

Blizzard probably wants their own, insular launcher and friends network.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

NeoGAF.gif

PS4 will have the biggest base due to exclusivity and community
PC second
X1 third

PC might get more double dips or PS4 depending on preference
Most will play where they made most friends and have "connectivity" with them
PC may be a better choice for having more access to options of adjusting the game, some might give that up to stay with those they've built friendships with

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Tbh im just here to represent PCMASTERRACE i dont have a will of my own :(

But on a serius note my thought behind it is many pc gamers i know want to play destiny even if i told them the things which sucked on D1 so i dont think i can speak for all of them but many wow and or D3 players love the idea behind destiny.

molnizzle

The dream for me is that even if there isn't true cross-platform play, let me take my guardian between PS4 and PC like you could do between PS3 and PS4 in year one.

Would be incredible.

Tbh im just here to represent PCMASTERRACE i dont have a will of my own :(

But on a serius note my thought behind it is many pc gamers i know want to play destiny even if i told them the things which sucked on D1 so i dont think i can speak for all of them but many wow and or D3 players love the idea behind destiny.

I don't disagree that the PC version has potential to be huge. It very well may be. It's just the franchise has no history there yet so it's kinda impossible to know how consumers on PC will respond to it.

So for now I'll go with PS4 being the lead as, well we have a good idea of how performance will go on that console

The dream for me is that even if there isn't true cross-platform play, let me take my guardian between PS4 and PC like you could do between PS3 and PS4 in year one.

Would be incredible.

I'd go Deluxe version of both PS4 and PC Day 1 if they did this

As much as i want the pcversion i think ill stick to the ps4 pro or scorpion for this. The cheating on PC will be a big no for me, aim cheats etc just like in Overwatch and auto aim BS.

Eric WK

I'm not entirely sure why it matters which platform has the largest user base. The game is going to be massive and well populated for its lifespan on all three.

Modoru

Honestly I want to play it on PC because I can imagine playing on kb+m must feel so satisfying on destiny
I played ps4 but I do remember thinking all the times I just wished I could've been on a keyboard and mouse setup

Looking forward to that.

so the millions of PS4 destiny players will all suddenly jump shit to pc? 🤔
Lmao.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Boy howdy look at all that DLC upfront.

Sure Bungie. I'll buy your game digitally at launch for £50 only to get half of one and realise I should have waited for the budget Taken King + Everything Else release a year later because fuck me thats why.

Or I'll rent it to see if its any cop at all (even close to Halo 3/Reach) after lots of other rats run the maze for that XP cheese initially.

GodVegeta

Neo Member
No but i doubt all of them stay on Ps4 and i dont think the pc community will just ignore one of the best ps4 games even if it was bad for what it could've been.

And sure i just can speak for me and a few of the people i know but all my wow friends,Diablo,Overwatch and even PC warframe players would love to try it.

Boy howdy look at all that DLC upfront.

Sure Bungie. I'll buy your game digitally at launch for £50 only to get half of one and realise I should have waited for the budget Taken King + Everything Else release a year later because fuck me thats why.

Or I'll rent it to see if its any cop at all (even close to Halo 3/Reach) after lots of other rats run the maze for that XP cheese initially.

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Bungie exec's house.

GodVegeta

Neo Member
aim cheats etc just like in Overwatch and auto aim BS.

I play Overwatch alot and i mean ALOT and have yet to face a hacker or even a army of aimbots as many of you guys describe it often....

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Bungie exec's house.

There'll be a Grimoire Card about it. Theres no time to explain why there's no time to explain how dark and gritty my off-screen arson mission will be.

If PC is unlocked framerate 60+ i'm so down! If not and it's all 30/60 on all platforms... i'll stick PS4 as more people (and my friends) will be there.

*fingers crossed for some 1080p 144+ hz destiny multiplayer* Hnnnnnnnnnnngggggg

Modoru

I play Overwatch alot and i mean ALOT and have yet to face a hacker or even a army as many of you guys describe it....
Lmao I've dealt with two aimbot widows so far, and I'm not even at lvl.100.

Both quickplay, I'm too lazy for competitive.

And yes, actual aimbot that trail your movement from behind the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom