• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Dammit. Thought I kept at least one of the MANY Husks that dropped for me. I didn't. Now I'll have to either destroy the crux or farm for a Husk.

noomi

This game doesn't want me to have the hawkmoon.

It's ok Destiny I promise I won't leave with after hawkmoon. I'm not like those guys...

vctor182

First nightfall got 11 coins, second got me a crappy Hide and Seek shotty.

will-smith.jpg

Already have everything I wanted mwahaaha

Shito

But nobody knows if it's completely random or not. It's pointless to say these things if you're not sure. We have no idea how complex the system is
Oh yeah, but it's just as pointless as saying it must be weighted / more complex than just pure RNG.
All I'm saying is if we really want to know, we would need to start compiling A LOT of data on each drop source and see to which distribution they seem to tend to, and that anecdotal data doesn't prove at all any of the two theories.

Namikaze1

This game doesn't want me to have the hawkmoon.

It's ok Destiny I promise I won't leave with after hawkmoon. I'm not like those guys...
You say that now but you'll change your mind later. Everyone leaves someday. My day is coming up soon. Just 21 days left.

Little late to the convo but I jumped on the LASIK train five yrs ago and it's the best money I've ever spent. Last test has me at 20/20 and 20/15. I decided to go ahead with it because I was dead set on becoming a firefighter and didn't wanna ever discover what it'd be like to lose a contact inside a burning building. Learned real quick you can't see shit inside a burning building anyway lol. Doc I went to had done the procedure for 3 ppl I knew and I even got to watch beforehand.

Little late to the convo but I jumped on the LASIK train five yrs ago and it's the best money I've ever spent. Last test has me at 20/20 and 20/15. I decided to go ahead with it because I was dead set on becoming a firefighter and didn't wanna ever discover what it'd be like to lose a contact inside a burning building. Learned real quick you can't see shit inside a burning building anyway lol. Doc I went to had done the procedure for 3 ppl I knew and I even got to watch beforehand.

Ahh nice to hear man! That's funny about burning buildings, but I'm guessing it's stillworse with contacts?

My girlfriend got it a month ago and she loves it. She just had her 1 month appointment and said it's all improving. I accidentally spoiled her with these "ultra" preservative free eyedrops (I didn't know better) on the first week so anything else she tries now her eyes are still dry. Whoops

But highly recommended from everyone I know

LordofPwn

Well, it depends on where the drops are coming from.

Certain locations for Exotic drops seem to be weighted towards Dark Below exotics, but not many.

Crucible, Vault of Glass, and the Nightfall all seem to be pretty evenly handing out Exotics. Crota's End seems to toss out Dragon's Breath and No Land Beyond a bit more frequently.

My point was still this: Roll a 100 sided dice. No matter how many times you roll it, you still only have a 1% chance to land on the 100. You could roll it 500 times and never land on 100. Someone else could roll it 100 times and land on 100 three times. That's RNG.

Edit: Top of the Page. Who wants to see a 9 year old photo of Kor and his 52" TV he still uses to play Destiny?

While all of those scenarios are likely the chance of rolling a D-100 500 times without landing on 100 is .66%

While all of those scenarios are likely the chance of rolling a D-100 500 times without landing on 100 is .66%

So what are the chances of rolling an 18 sided die and landing on any one number 10 times...say out of 40 rolls? Trying to figure out how lucky I am to pick up the MIDA multi-tool roughly 1 out of every 4 times i get an exotic.

Dammit. I can't finish a match, strike or mission.

I've had like 8 anteaters today. And bungie just says "generic network error"

Just started today. What the hell.

I really hate Crucible. Every time I play it I stupidly expect it to not be a terribly designed lag fest nightmare; it's just me wishing there was something fun to do in this game with the Gaffers after our raids are done. Well overdue to just call a spade a spade and be done with it.

I really hate Crucible. Every time I play it I stupidly expect it to not be a terribly designed lag fest nightmare; it's just me wishing there was something fun to do in this game with the Gaffers after our raids are done. Well overdue to just call a spade a spade and be done with it.

But that 2 mins dance party with music by the famous Dj Scrota!

WipedOut

Badger CCL for nightfall reward - Has luck in the chamber, hammerforged and rangefinder, worth keeping or toss? Have 3 x Fang already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom