• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of post falls into the 0.01%. Quality stuff man.

Vex Mythoclast only Atheon kill for 6th chest, go.
The lore of Destiny freaks me out just as much as it fascinates me. Gahhhh thank you for this post!

Thanks guys, I'm glad some people read it. Even if it's nothing it's still fun :)

I added some more in the middle and near the end to flesh out my thinking some more.

I'm starting to worry about myself man >.<

I've so many ideas about things. The meaning behind them. I don't believe anything is coincidental in this game in regards to the grimiore. Everything is worded in a certain particular way.

It's too......specific, for it to be coincidence.

neoism

It's counted as one, but some of the other OT's were shorter, like the ODST one. I'm not actually sure how they counted them for the Halo threads. (Here's the Halo 3 OT, BTW. It took two years to get to 100k posts. Much has to do with the growth of the forum, and with the explosion of social features and activities in Destiny vs. that game. But it's still mindblowing to me how fast we're plowing through threads.)

lol a few k over 100k thought it got to 200k for some reason... my memory sucks...
guess I smoked to much weed back then... still remember the customs though <3 <3 <3

If Destiny 2 doesn't have custom games something is wrong
smilies0112.gif

We can't fucking take Skolas down. Lightswitch gets us every time. Either a melee captain or during mine phases.

Bubbles are fucking worthless right now.

TY Dela and Shiki for the great run. Lots of close games. Got to 6 wins before my fiancé said enough.

Those boots are so sexy!

Ragarra

We can't fucking take Skolas down. Lightswitch gets us every time. Either a melee captain or during mine phases.

Bubbles are fucking worthless right now.

And now our entire team got kicked with ant eater and now lost all our progress. God they need checkpoints for Poe 35

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
My friend and I need a 3rd so we can learn the map. Gonna run POE 28 first really quick. Up for it afterwards?

Edit: actually it turns out we would need to run the missions to unlock it. You down for now?

Hey just saw this, yeah im ready whenever!

Out 1

TY Dela and Shiki for the great run. Lots of close games. Got to 6 wins before my fiancé said enough.

Those boots are so sexy!

It was fun; enjoy the boots (pity they are not hand cannon ammo though). Thanks for the games. Damn cloak won't drop for me.

Frenden

Banned
I'm running a bunch of PoE 28s (better rewards the Dragons if you're stocking up on motes) and grinding my Cipher a bit. I know the 32/34 adds a lot more, but I want more mats anyhow.

If anyone wants to grind PoE 28s, PSN FRENDEN.

lt519

I'm officially broken. Lightswitch just isn't fair. That's a terrible, terrible modifier.

We got down to the mines a couple times and at least the burning essence every time. Just not that fun of a fight, gave up after 4-5 tries. Normally I'd power through and go for the kill but no longer feeling that drive.

Good luck Bownser, sorry we couldn't get it done for ya!

So it's that time of night again where i start posting messed up theories about VoG. Or lore. Or anything in Destiny really.

I'm still convinced that there's something that we're missing in VoG. I dunno why but i just do.

So, i've been cross referencing the Grimiore again and the way in which the grimiore for the Vex Mythoclast is worded stands out.

There's a number of things above which to me, is very selective of the words used.

For a start, the weapon is not referred to as a weapon, but as an instrument. An instrument by its own definition is a tool or implement, especially one for precision work. It's something designed for a purpose.

If the Vex was just a weapon, why not call it a weapon?

If you go and have a look at all the "Vex Armoury" grimiore, all of them are refered to as weapons:

Lets look at the rest of what it says about the Vex Mythoclast, particularly about its origins:

The Vex is from some far-flung corner of time and space, mysteriously fit for human hands.

Well. The Vault of Glass is a place where time frays and a needle moves through it. The needle is the will of Atheon. I do not know the name of the shape that comes after the needle. As per Vault of glass - Kabr

In VoG you move between the past, the present(?), and the future. Kabr explored VoG alone. He created the relic Aegis from his own light and the skin of a Vex. Could he himself have retrieved the Vex Mythoclast? Could he have created it like he created the Aegis? What reason is there for it mysteriously being fit for human hands? Too mysterious i think.

The Aegis is in both the past and the future and then brought back to the present by us, the guardians during the showdown with Atheon. Why is the Aegis in the past and future in the first place?

Atheon wouldn't put it there by choice. Why give us something voluntarily to kill him?

I think Kabr managed to travel to both the past and future himself where he left the Aegis for us.

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/relic-the-aegis#kabr

Finally this piece:

Again if we go back to the fact that this is a "Vex Instrument" and not primarily a weapon, it hints that it has a purpose. What is that purpose? Why put that in there if it has no meaning?

Like i said at the start of this post, the words used for this grimiore card are very deliberate. It's not just a coincidence or a mistake.

VoG is all about time as per the quote a few up that i posted. You travel to the past and the future when fighting Atheon. Atheons will shapes time. He passes through time as he pleases shaping time as he desires. To go back to that quote though:

What comes after the needle? The needle is apparently Atheon, so what comes after him? There's something....but what?

Wall post of Vex Mythoclast lore, and not a single mention of Pocket Infinity. For shame.

Nice post

--

Thanks guys, I'm glad some people read it. Even if it's nothing it's still fun :)

I added some more in the middle and near the end to flesh out my thinking some more.

I'm starting to worry about myself man >.<

I've so many ideas about things. The meaning behind them. I don't believe anything is coincidental in this game in regards to the grimiore. Everything is worded in a certain particular way.

It's too......specific, for it to be coincidence.

It will consume you. ;)

Wall post of Vex Mythoclast lore, and not a single mention of Pocket Infinity. For shame.

Nice post

--

It will consume you. ;)

Thank you! :D

Hahaha i'm actually doing some cross reading on that just now :p

It ties in quite nicely with what i posted, it's really interesting.

It will indeed! >.<

Would actually be kinda cool to have some good lore posts linked in the OT for people who are interested in them as they're easy to get lost with how fast these threads move. Or have a seperate lore only thread but i don't know how that would go down with the mods etc...

It will indeed! >.<

Would actually be kinda cool to have some good lore posts linked in the OT for people who are interested in them as they're easy to get lost with how fast these threads move. Or have a seperate lore only thread but i don't know how that would go down with the mods etc...

Halo has its own dedicated Lore Thread. I'm sure a destiny one would be allowed.

Played a lot today. Warlock up the Lvl 34, finished PoE 35, and did decent enough in trails to get the boots. DGAF has been a great help getting me back up and running in HoW. Now if only I could see Mercury...maybe tomorrow. Night all!

It will indeed! >.<

If you want to make a lore thread, go for it. Halo has a lore thread on gaming side. Some extreme quality stuff in there. I even made a number of wall posts not unlike yours, though mine were thoroughly more disjointed and more aimed at newcomers.

Prepare for a hate train of people correcting you and telling you there's no story in Destiny/why would you care/grimoire doesn't count/who plays destiny in 2015, etc. etc.

Namikaze1

Great run guys, got the helmet and chest piece, completing my Titan VoG armor. Also got a Vex but I'm gonna shard it.
Thanks guys i got the trophy :D

Also got Hawkmoon and and Vex Mythoclast o_O

I got completely lost once but nami found me ;_;
First ever Hawkmoon and Vex drop? Tonight has been good for you. Your first Gjallarhorn from Nightfall and now Hawkmoon and Vex. Congrats! :)

Just got home from all the family events that started yesterday when Trials went up. Debating on getting my first Trials session for the weekend started

Great run guys, got the helmet and chest piece, completing my Titan VoG armor. Also got a Vex but I'm gonna shard it.

First ever Hawkmoon and Vex drop? Tonight has been good for you. First Gjallarhorn from Nightfall and now Hawkmoon and Vex. Congrats! :)

Yep :D

I just got back to playing Destiny after a few months and back then i didnt really pursue these end game weapons. And today i got really lucky it seems, thanks for everything :)

noomi

Thanks Nami and company!

Got my full Titan VoG set now, very happy! Next on the checklist is Crota gear.

Grats on the loot and trophies to everyone, had to bail quick wife was getting angry at me keeping her up with chatter lol.

Thanks again guys, see you in the AM!

Namikaze1

Well, I'm off to bed. It's past midnight and I am tired as hell. Good night folks.
Yep :D

I just got back to playing Destiny after a few months and back then i didnt really pursue these end game weapons. And today i got really lucky it seems, thanks for everything :)
No problem. :)

Glad I could help get you the trophy and get you your first Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, and Vex tonight.

Thanks Nami and company!

Got my full Titan VoG set now, very happy! Next on the checklist is Crota gear.

Grats on the loot and trophies to everyone, had to bail quick wife was getting angry at me keeping her up with chatter lol.

Thanks again guys, see you in the AM!
Good night, Noomi. I too ended up completing the set. Now to do so on my Hunter and Warlock tomorrow...

Well, I'm off to bed. It's past midnight and I am tired as hell. Good night folks.

No problem. :)

Glad I could help get you the trophy and get you your first Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, and Vex tonight.

Good night, Noomi. I too ended up completing the set. Now to do so on my Hunter and Warlock tomorrow...

Good night nami!

Now to level up all those weapons... D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom