• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I'll never get top overall score. Just not good enough. I should abandon that bounty. Always second or below. Blah

3QF4iIE.gif

These new emotes are so great.

mcfrank

Welp I'm done, saw my spindle got nerfed and I had it since the first fucking day it was found. I also find that weapon parts are slim to come by normally so the economy changes can piss right off.

Just wanted to add me leaving is nothing against anyone here, every single person from gaf I have played/raided with has been genuinely great to be with. I am just sick of Bungie's disregard for people's time.

Making a good fps/mmo doesn't involve putting in more grind and false time barriers.

I have tons coming out and currently to play and sadly I won't be supporting this anymore.

Maybe I'll be back in another 3 addons lol who knows.

Thanks for the fun times Destiny-Gaf!

So long. They did warn you and give you plenty of notice to infuse it.

the base stats of the IB pulse rifle is on par with FWC's pulse rifle but the vendor IB Pulse has the 2nd row with tons of stability 3 different stability perks to chose from, could be beastly

That is all I want, get that gun

Frontier is a god awful map for Control.

it's an okay map, with Frontier you could to avoid the bridge and just use the sides instead.

as soon game starts, don't go on the bridge! just go towards the far sides and you will have your back clear

Well, I knocked out all the weekly IB bounties besides the one you need to be rank 4. I wonder if they'll be there tomorrow to pick up again or if they'll add 3 more dailies.
Maybe they won't do shit and they'll just give us 3 from now on.

Well, I knocked out all the weekly IB bounties besides the one you need to be rank 4. I wonder if they'll be there tomorrow to pick up again or if they'll add 3 more dailies.
In two more complete matches I will be in the same boat. Wondering whether to turn them in now or to wait until later.

Does the buff apply to them?

Kyne

it's 3 dailies per day and the weeklies will be there the rest of the week.

In two more complete matches I will be in the same boat. Wondering whether to turn them in now or to wait until later.

Does the buff apply to them?

yes.

LiK

the base stats of the IB pulse rifle is on par with FWC's pulse rifle but the vendor IB Pulse has the 2nd row with tons of stability 3 different stability perks to chose from, could be beastly

That is all I want, get that gun

it's an okay map, with Frontier you could to avoid the bridge and just use the sides instead.

as soon game starts, don't go on the bridge! just go towards the far sides and you will have your back clear

i never go on the bridge. i go to the sides and just get sniped by snipers and scouts everywhere. it's horrible, lol

Lol of course the game gives me a 310 Jade Rabbit right after I infused my 290 one up to 306.

At least I can say I got a good reward from the Crucible weekly.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just stuck a hunter flux grenade to the face of a PVP enemy. He was jumping towards me. We were close together when the grenade went off. I died to misadventure and he lived.

Oh Bungie. Smh

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just stuck a hunter flux grenade to the face of a PVP enemy. He was jumping towards me. We were close together when the grenade went off. I died to misadventure and he lived.

Oh Bungie. Smh
IB? Same exact situation just occurred to me, I've never seen anything like it.

RexNovis

Banned
Uhhh am I going crazy or did they massively reduce the number of weapon parts you get fro dismantling weapons? I just dismantled like 8 weapons and only got 8 weapon parts... Those were already relatively difficult to come by now thanks to infusion. Why would they nerf it even more? Kick the dog while its down why don't you Bungie. Is this some sort of glitch or something?

Lol of course the game gives me a 310 Jade Rabbit right after I infused my 290 one up to 306.

At least I can say I got a good reward from the Crucible weekly.

YOu lucky bastard. Two weeks in a row its given me Motes of Light.... -_-

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Uhhh am I going crazy or did they massively reduce the number of weapon parts you get fro dismantling weapons? I just dismantled like 8 weapons and only got 8 weapon parts... Those were already relatively difficult to come by now thanks to infusion. Why would they nerf it even more? Kick the dog while its down why don't you Bungie. Is this some sort of glitch or something?

It's no glitch. Check the patch notes. It's crazy in my opinion, don't get it at all.

border

Does anyone want to do the Nightfall? I have a Stormcaller Warlock with Zhalo Supercell that I wanna see rock it with Arc Burn on.

LiK

yea, they nerfed it in patch. fucking sucks. i'm struggling to save enough to infuse my damn guns.

The fight over Heavy spawns is so intricate now! Whichever team has more Sunbreaker Supers when the Heavy comes up wins! /s

Either limit the amount of hammers or they need to take/keep more damage when shot.

Future

Nothing changed about shotguns; everyone still using them lol.

It's just an inherent flaw in destiny. You can close distance extremely fast. A charging opponent combined with blink or high jumps to disorient can get in the face of a defensive opponent insanely quickly. Combine this with the high range perks, lots of ammo, and one shot kos and they will always be ridiculous unless they do something drastic. People treat shotguns like primaries which is ridiculous for such a powerful weapon

Jblanks

The fight over Heavy spawns is so intricate now! Whichever team has more Sunbreaker Supers when the Heavy comes up wins! /s

Either limit the amount of hammers or they need to take/keep more damage when shot.

Or don't make them regenerate health when they get a kill with it..

R0ckman

I keep reading (and agreeing) that it's unwise to flip the map around in control, but most of the time this always happens, but on the other end, you are CONSTANTLY fighting for B because the respawns are too short, they really need to add the same respawns they have in salvage, it's the one mode I actually really like.

I never really liked PVP to begin with, but with this pulse rifle meta and hand cannons at crap levels I just don't even passively enjoy IB. I tried every hand cannon I have and they all suck. Only PRs had a decent ttk, but I can't stand burst fire garbage. Scout rifles don't have nearly enough impact in pvp and hand cannons don't have the range. PRs right now have rate of fire, impact, stability, range, and reload. No wonder it 99% of the primaries in IB right now. I really, really miss valid hand cannons. They are the only wrapon type that feels right for me in PVP. I even tried Thorn in IB out of desperation. DoT was ticking 2's and hit barely made a dent :(

RexNovis

Banned
It's just an inherent flaw in destiny. You can close distance extremely fast. A charging opponent combined with blink or high jumps to disorient can get in the face of a defensive opponent insanely quickly. Combine this with the high range perks, lots of ammo, and one shot kos and they will always be ridiculous unless they do something drastic. People treat shotguns like primaries which is ridiculous for such a powerful weapon

They just need to drastically reduce the amount of ammo you get per secondary pickup in crucible. Like make it so you only get one full clip per pickup. So 6 shots and you're out again. Problem solved.

Future

yea, they nerfed it in patch. fucking sucks. i'm struggling to save enough to infuse my damn guns.

Lack of explanation is what hurts. Do they want people to infuse and upgrade less? Get new weapons.... But can't get the most out of them for a long time? Hoard high blues and exotics and wait for the perfect gun to infuse instead of having fun and infusing right away?

Don't understand

They just need to drastically reduce the amount of ammo you get per secondary pickup in crucible. Like make it so you only get one full clip per pickup. So 6 shots and you're out again. Problem solved.

I mean... Unless i am mistaken isnt that exactly how it is now?

RexNovis

Banned

Nah if your clip size is 6 shots for a shotgun you get like 12-14 rounds per pickup depending on your armor carry bonuses. 4 shots per clip nets you 8-10 etc etc. COmbine that with the amount of ammo you start out with and you can theoretically just run around shottying everyone without ever breaking out your primary. Hence the problem

chur

Nah if your clip size is 6 shots for a shotgun you get like 12-14 rounds per pickup depending on your armor carry bonuses. 4 shots per clip nets you 8-10 etc etc.
I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure it's 6.

Edit: Just realized you said with extra shotgun ammo perk. Going to test it right now.

RexNovis

Banned
I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure it's 6.

It varies based on the clip size of the shotgun I think. I don't use them all that often in crucible though so maybe im wrong. Whatever it is right now there is clearly still too much available ammo. People shouldnt be able to use their secondary weapons as a primary the whole match. Ill test it out next time im in crucible.

Ryck

Lack of explanation is what hurts. Do they want people to infuse and upgrade less? Get new weapons.... But can't get the most out of them for a long time? Hoard high blues and exotics and wait for the perfect gun to infuse instead of having fun and infusing right away?

Don't understand
Seriously, this is really upsetting news.

R0ckman

How fair would "Olomon sniper levels of disorientation when being shot" applied to all shotguns be? Basically it would be almost impossible to bulldose a player with it, of course you can get the upper hand through surprise and close quarters but other than that, lol.

Or don't make them regenerate health when they get a kill with it..

That's what I meant with the /keep damage part of my post. Any of those changes would help bring it more in line with everything else. Right now, they can literally just run around spamming hammers with ridiculous levels of impunity.

Don't understand

Make it more scarce? I don't know. I'm going to say 3 shots per pick up. Impact of PRs need to go down a tad. They need be 3 or 4 shot bursts depending on range and impact. HC were hit a little too hard. Scout and ARs are finefine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom