• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Hunter is easily the worst class to run the relic with. Fell off like 5 times before I decided to hand it over to a superior class, Warlock.

I can run it with my eyes closed as a Titan or Warlock. Hunter? No, thanks

chur

It varies based on the clip size of the shotgun I think. I don't use them all that often in crucible though so maybe im wrong. Whatever it is right now there is clearly still too much available ammo. People shouldnt be able to use their secondary weapons as a primary the whole match. Ill test it out next time im in crucible.
Naw, just tested it. My shotgun magazine holds 6 rounds. I picked up 6 rounds from an ammo crate while wearing extra shotgun armor.

R0ckman

Huh, the sword can block gunslinger super, once, basically they do a major flinch animation and then you shoot them again to kill them.

RexNovis

Banned
Naw, just tested it. My shotgun magazine holds 6 rounds. I picked up 6 rounds from an ammo crate while wearing extra shotgun armor.

Ah ok well thanks for correcting me. I mean that seems reasonable but clearly people are having no issues with running out of ammo on their shotties so maybe they need to drop it a bit more or start you off with less ammo.

Just finished playing Iron Banner. Overall, I didn't do too bad, despite playing with randoms. I was able to reach Rank 2 and complete all of the daily bounties, as well as one of the weekly bounties.

Tomorrow, I'll attempt to reach Rank 3.

R0ckman

So sometimes when I'm playing with randoms we are in the lead for a while, all of a sudden things go to hell when we are in lock down on two zones, just out of no where. Do randoms tend to go into "clash mode" when you get two zones instead of focusing on defending them?

Jade Rabbit is amazing for the Iron Banner. I've never seen so many snipers run away from long-range engagement when I'm firing at them with the JR lol. Hits like a damn truck.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So sometimes when I'm playing with randoms we are in the lead for a while, all of a sudden things go to hell when we are in lock down on two zones, just out of no where. Do randoms tend to go into "clash mode" when you get two zones instead of focusing on defending them?

Oh hells ya!
If the randoms start trying to take the third point you know things aren't right.

chur

Yes. They'll always try to take that 3rd zone which will either leave your other two undefended or it will flip the spawns.

Ack. I don't like the sound of this. I'm fine with purely cosmetic stuff, but this?

It's either the game goes free to play with microtransactions up the ass like this, or it stays full price with overpriced expansions.

Cosmetic items are one thing, but with this on the horizon I'd prefer the latter if not solely for the fact that microtransactions turn the game into a service; they're a constant reminder that I am wasting time on a game I don't even own.

Mindlog

The Nightstalker bow is something else on not-Crota.
Pretty sure I just killed him in 5 heavy slams.
I don't like it.
Even if it's just a coincidence having subclasses take so long to upgrade alongside a paid shortcut is just not going to work for me. Hopefully they see that and this gets cut like a lot of stuff has. It's the reason I haven't bought any emotes yet. I still have the option of fully diving into Battlefront (which I adored) when that hits.

Damn, this slippery slope just got steep as fuck. Buying loot chance increases is exactly what we don't need.

And the thing is that it affects design choices into how the loot works, how often it drops. It's a wait and see from here to see if they...go through with it.

And the thing is that it affects design choices into how the loot works, how often it drops. It's a wait and see from here to see if they...go through with it.

king's fall raid drops will be low low low.... but for the even lower price of $5.99, the touch of malice can be yours!! And if you order now, we'll through in 20 moldering shards for free!

I'm not that annoyed with this, if it turns out to be true. I probably wouldn't pay for it, but if Xur sold a way for me to upgrade my other subclasses for 30 Strange Coins, I'd probably do it. Other than that, these don't seem to affect me in the slightest.

I can't deny that there's a bit of grind going from 1 - 40. It's not that fun for most people, so if given an option to buy a Spark of Light as a shortcut. I can see quite a few people doing that. It doesn't make them better than you, it's just giving them a chance to get closer to your level.

In the end, it can make the game a bit more accessible for some people that might find it daunting, or are eager to get out there with their friends.

I bought the shortcut packs in Bad Company 2. When I created a new PSN account, I didn't want to bother with earning all of those weapons and perks again.

If they start selling weapons and armor, that's when I'll be a bit peeved. We've all worked hard for our ideal load out, so it wouldn't be fair.

Mindlog

I'm not that annoyed with this, if it turns out to be true. I probably wouldn't pay for it, but if Xur sold a way for me to upgrade my other subclasses for 30 Strange Coins, I'd probably do it. Other than that, these don't seem to affect me in the slightest.

I can't deny that there's a bit of grind going from 1 - 40. It's not that fun for most people, so if given an option to buy a Spark of Light as a shortcut. I can see quite a few people doing that.
The option would be to make the grind from 1-40 quicker and more fun in the first place.
The problem is that every in game obstacle becomes suspicious when a real money workaround exists. Even without nefarious intent there's clearly a conflict of interest that will never be resolved.

However, lots of people still play those mobile games so if they can get more money from someone else they probably don't care if some fans leave. I hope it doesn't come down to that kind of cynical accounting and that smarter heads prevail.

Anyone care to offer me a bit of assistance with a story mission? Working on the pursue the echo part of the Fear's Embrace mission, but damn if that last room isn't brutal solo.

PSN mr_antimatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom