• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

soultron

Banned
Oh man, this will be good news for people still caught in the grind from 340->365+.

Taken from This Week At Bungie:

According to Senior Designer Victoria Dollbaum, this is the first step in a post-launch iterative process.

Victoria: We’re looking into the way Destiny: Rise of Iron rewards the completion of activities with items that will increase your Light. Currently, our opinion is that Ghosts and Artifacts are dropping less frequently than intended, making it difficult for players to reach higher Light after 365. In the weeks to come, we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress.

There is more to come on this front. Stay tuned for more details, announced alongside the activities that are yet to appear in your Director. Keep that feedback loop rolling.

Heroic Strikes will count towards the Take A Strike challenge in the ROI Record Book once they fix a bug too. Nice!

LiK

I tried the slow creep walk to matchmake for Archons Forge.,

This didn't work and it never worked for CoO either. I was trolled wasnt I lol

No need. Just sit there and eventually people will pop in. Just hope they have offerings cuz you might end up with 5 guys sitting there waiting.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So tired from the early morning raid that I took a 2 days off not playing

Fucking game took my gaming life essence

I tried the slow creep walk to matchmake for Archons Forge.,

This didn't work and it never worked for CoO either. I was trolled wasnt I lol

Run into AF, and run into the little hole behind the middle container that leads to the Warrens. Hang out in the warrens for a minute, kill some of the crap in the cave, then walk back up to AF. It seems to matchmake a LOT better when going up from behind (haha!), plus the back door isn't locked. Rinse and repeat if necessary, but I find during normal play times a ton of groups doing stuff this way.

Its still not a great way to get loot though, you end up with like 90% cloak/mark/bonds but you do get a shit load of engrams.

and yeah it sounds like once heroic raid drops blue engrams will go up to 365, purples to 385, and exotics all the way. Kinda makes me think the best thing is just PVP and hoard legendary engrams until then and not really bother too much with grinding or even running the raid.

void666

Banned
Just had a frustrating match against hunters with thorn and party crasher +1. Are we back to that stupid year 1 meta? I hope not.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I literally logged in as my lock for the first time today, about 5 hours ago. Then cleared the raid at 377 just now. It's easy as pie.
I logged on essentially into the raid, joined the group from character select. Went from 334 to 363 while people were running around at the entrance. Walked out at 368.

LiK

I logged on essentially into the raid, joined the group from character select. Went from 334 to 363 while people were running around at the entrance. Walked out at 368.

So you didn't have trouble as a 334 in the raid at all? Can I join your next session?

j-wood

Did the patch change something with the forge? I just did 4 in a row and all I got were blue engrams.

Also, do victories only count for the bounty if you put in the offering?

Did the patch change something with the forge? I just did 4 in a row and all I got were blue engrams.

Also, do victories only count for the bounty if you put in the offering?

Forge items go straight to your inventory, so if you don't have space in a particular spot, the item will go to your postmaster.

It's a dumb system because all those forge items can potentially be higher LL and get over written in the postmaster by blue engrams :(

Check your postmaster using Tower ghost or Item manger app while running AF. Dismantle all the greens you get asap so you have space to collect the drops.

Also, for victories they have to be specific enemy encounters - captain, shank, servitor etc.

Not bad
14480500_583785801828177_9017748871323200245_o.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Taken from This Week At Bungie:

we’ll be investigating a solution that provides alternate max Light sources for these two slots. Additionally, when the Heroic Raid is released, many Activities and all Engrams will increase their maximum Light, making it easier overall to progress.
Oh cool. This is incredibly relevant.

People who are constantly getting only ~+1 light items- the extenuating factor is very likely your ghost and/or artifact holding you back.

You can still run Sepiks/Omnigul and grind Eris, Vanguard, Faction, and Crucible rep for artifact and ghost chances. But if you don't want to do that...

Run heroic strikes, do AF, play crucible, do your daily story, do a public event per character per day,

Once you get to 355 you're fine to begin the raid and get all the way to the point at which you can get a guaranteed ghost or artifact.

If the struggle continues, this fix will crush the problem when Heroic Raid launches.
So you didn't have trouble as a 334 in the raid at all? Can I join your next session?
Didn't have trouble in that I was 334 for like 4 minutes, while moving gear. Infused all the way to 363, then started helping out with the first encounter.

edit: Once you have a character at ~370, you essentially have 3.

bgbball31

Reposting for a new page:

How's this Event Horizon? Worth using over TTK 1000 Yard Stare?

Hawkeye SLR15 / Shortgaze SLH10 / Ambush SLH265
Army of One / Spray and Play
Quickdraw / Smallbore
Take a Knee

I'm guessing that if Take a Knee were something better, that it would be worth using, but I'm not sure.

j-wood

Forge items go straight to your inventory, so if you don't have space in a particular spot, the item will go to your postmaster.

It's a dumb system because all those forge items can potentially be higher LL and get over written in the postmaster by blue engrams :(

Check your postmaster using Tower ghost or Item manger app while running AF. Dismantle all the greens you get asap so you have space to collect the drops.

Also, for victories they have to be specific enemy encounters - captain, shank, servitor etc.

Yeah I only had 1 green item at the post master. I had plenty of inventory space, and everything was just blue's at 340 LL (once i decrypted it)

Deku Tree

Got a pair of 384 Dunemarchers from a legendary engram that I got in the raid. Wow these things are incredible. Amazing when used with Jolders artifact. So fast.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the best method of getting equipment at level 350? I've been doing heroic SIVA strikes.
That works, you can also do strikes from the director (specifically Omnigul and Sepiks Perfected which are quick), use 3 of Coins on any ultras for Exotic engrams, play Crucible with your highest light gear (and use 3 of Coins), do Archon's Forge (you can now get guaranteed offerings from Quarantine missions), decrypt Legendary engrams from any source (guaranteed ones from heroic daily story and 1 public event per character per day), and rank up packages from Vanguard/Crucible/Gunsmith/Faction.

There is a post at the very top of this OT that everybody should read :)

edit: Very shortly you'll be able to run the first 3/4 of the raid as well.
What's the best method of getting equipment at level 350? I've been doing heroic SIVA
strikes

Could you elaborate? I have a 29 and 30 warlock/Titan and would like to know if it's feasible.
29 and 30, like... level 29 and 30?

Lima

So yeah I was running the opening of the raid by myself to collect charges and deliver them for the book progress.

Turns out if you keep doing it and don't kill the giant shanks or damage the boss, after a little while you will get a message saying

"Vosiks is unimpressed and needs a stronger opponent" and he leaves. I just failed the first part of the raid.

Lol

That works, you can also do strikes from the director (specifically Omnigul and Sepiks Perfected which are quick), use 3 of Coins on any ultras for Exotic engrams, play Crucible with your highest light gear (and use 3 of Coins), do Archon's Forge (you can now get guaranteed offerings from Quarantine missions), decrypt Legendary engrams from any source (guaranteed ones from heroic daily story and 1 public event per character per day), and rank up packages from Vanguard/Crucible/Gunsmith/Faction.

There is a post at the very top of this OT that everybody should read :)

edit: Very shortly you'll be able to run the first 3/4 of the raid as well.

29 and 30, like... level 29 and 30?

Thank you and yeah, level 29 and 30 lol

Edit: just realized you made the OP haha

So yeah I was running the opening of the raid by myself to collect charges and deliver them for the book progress.

Turns out if you keep doing it and don't kill the giant shanks or damage the boss, after a little while you will get a message saying

"Vosiks is unimpressed and needs a stronger opponent" and he leaves. I just failed the first part of the raid.

Lol

Haha...

Anyone figured out the way to have randal the vandal appear in the server room? Seems like it's random, saw on reddit that you need to make it to server room without a wipe? Tried that and he still didn't spawn..

Anyone know the best place do the 10 taken major/ultras without doing bounty for Eris? My Hunter is crying for an artifact

Agonarch rune.

First TTK story mission on hard.

I'm thinking about doing another Exotic Pulse quest group tomorrow, the whole enchilada if I can get people who are committed. Stay tuned.

I'm down, also need to beat the raid lol

If anyone wants to kill the raid boss or start a whole new raid to get the exotic pulse, I'll be around tomorrow morning.

For the love of god please help me finish just one raid.

Also this, down for either.

What the heck bungie? Last five rank up packs have been at or below level.

Yep. I got one thing higher, at +2

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you and yeah, level 29 and 30 lol

Edit: just realized you made the OP haha
Ooh, sorry, no, you'll have to get them to level 40 the normal way.

What I'm referring to is that basically once you get one character to more or less Light Level 370, you'll be able to have all 3 at right around there almost instantly.

MrDaravon

I spent about 7 hours on the raid today and still didn't clear it. I want to run with the folks you're running with.

I know right? The extreme disparity of GAF posts regarding the raid is actually kind of hilarious; half of us can't get a single completion done at all to save our lives, the other half have tons of completions, the 390 SR, and have it on farm status under 60-70 minutes. Taking a long break from the game and not having a solid 6-person fireteam I run with on a regular basis has totally fucked me in that regard. Starting to burn out as I'm wrapping up all of the miscellaneous content (all the sidequests on my alts etc), on the verge of just running a LFG group to get it done once and being done with it.

Ooh, sorry, no, you'll have to get them to level 40 the normal way.

What I'm referring to is that basically once you get one character to more or less Light Level 370, you'll be able to have all 3 at right around there almost instantly.

Ah okay, thanks anyway!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please don't despair. It's always like this at first, and newbie raids are coming soon, I promise. The collective knowledge and average light of the community will steadily increase over time, and no one will be left behind unless they want to be. Crazy as it might sound, I advise that you try and enjoy these early days of struggle- they are what make the payoff that much sweeter.

It might seem like it's half-and-half here in the bubble of DGAF, and for all I know it might well be. But consider this: within the Destiny community at large, 0.7% of players have completed Wrath of the Machine thus far.

Well, after a year of hoping for one and never getting Fatebringer...
6CFAa1T.png

No Extended Mag and Spray and Play instead of Outlaw, but still, finally get a good Firefly HC roll.

Top Bottom