• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

man I swear the vanguard rep patrol missions are seriously fucking terrible WHY does everyone have to be all the fucking way across the fucking map every time :( -___-

Trasher

man I swear the vanguard rep patrol missions are seriously fucking terrible WHY does everyone have to be all the fucking way across the fucking map every time :( -___-

Do the collection and kill patrol missions first, then take a scan/scouting one. If they send you ten years away or deep into a strike area or whatever, drop it and move on to the next area. Sometimes you will get a scan/scouting one that takes you to a new area of patrols. That's the shit you want! And once you do these for a while you'll start to memorize the descriptions and remember what the easy ones are from the descriptions.

Also, the "kill the target" patrols are nice because they give you bonus rep!

Focus on the triangle, open ghost, and cross hair missions, as they are kill-based. The dagger looking one and the closed ghost are the ones you should save for last to bring you to a new area that hopefully offers more of the optimum missions.

Only mission so far that is bad out of those is the minotaur armor one on Venus. Usually pops up in an area where you only have one minotaur nearby, and the rate drop is terrible (due to it either needing only 2 or 4 drops to complete).

Edit: Dammit Thrasher

breakfuss

This is so freaking annoying. Everytime I need to do something and it doesn't have matchmaking I just shake my head. What reason is there for the daily story to not have matchmaking????? So now I have to come on GAF and ask yet again if someone can help me. A process that will likely take longer than the actual mission. It'd be nice if I could alert all my friends all at once that I was looking for someone to join me.

For the weeklys can you only do one of them once regardless of difficulty level or can you do each level once?

You can do each level once to where the Strange Coins will be subtracted from the total (9). So if you do 28, that's all the rewards you get. If you do...24 (?), you get 6 and can do the 28 to get the last 3.

The other rewards (Engram/Ass material) are a one time deal, no matter which level you attempt first.

So I don't think I should have to ride around in circles picking up resources instead of playing the game and enjoying myself.

Has Bungie mentioned anything on this?

Now that I have gotten to this point, I have to agree it is goddamn annoying.
I don't mind the fact that the last upgrade mats you need are rare drops that much,
but the mid-tier stuff should be possible to upgrade just from playing the game.

You should at least be able to buy them with glimmer or something.
I doubt "riding around in circles not shooting things" is how Bungie envisioned us playing their game....

Or did they?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone doing Hard Raid tonight, I need the Gatekeepers and Atheon, if you need a level 28 Sunsinger I can help

Really need some gear, please let me join you!

I don't mind the fact that the last upgrade mats you need are rare drops that much,
but the mid-tier stuff should be possible to upgrade just from playing the game.

I doubt "riding around in circles not shooting things" is how Bungie envisioned us playing their game....

Or did they?

well, bungie wants you to ride around in a circle collecting mats while doing bounties, patrol missions and public events. it's just a bigger circle than farm routes.

Croc

Banned
Welp, got 2 raid gear pieces for my Warlock this time so he's finally back on track with my Titan. Except now almost 3 levels lower...time for some leveling.

Or did they?

Farming for materials is a time honored MMO tradition.

Of course in those games, people can actually sell those materials to others through an Auction or Trade House though. That's something that I'd legitimately like to see here, even if it's only for materials.

hydruxo

Warlock is the only class I haven't been able to get into despite how awesome their late game looks. That glide and I just do not mesh.

Same. I don't know if I'll ever make a Warlock alt. The glide is just so weird, especially after using Hunter's precise jumps for so long. Titans' jump is kind of a middle ground between the two but I don't mind it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Still have to beat Atheon tonight but I did beat Templar last night along with both gorgon chests and got... nothing but ascended mats. OH WAIT.. that's right I got another Raid Sniper that was exactly the same as the one I got my first attempt at the raid and dismantled it for more mats.

Truly made me sad watching everyone else in my group pop raid gloves and boots and helmets :(

arimanius

Hope bungie comes out with a state of the game or addresses the direction this game is headed in the weekly update. Getting discouraging not knowing if or what they are wanting to fix or improve.

They have been doing a horrible job at communicating.

Frenden

Banned
Same. I don't know if I'll ever make a Warlock alt. The glide is just so weird, especially after using Hunter's precise jumps for so long. Titans' jump is kind of a middle ground between the two but I don't mind it.

Yeah. I have a level 18 Titan alt in addition to a 28 Hunter and I can deal with its jump. The Warlock just... man, I feel like I get NO height.

neoism

Do the collection and kill patrol missions first, then take a scan/scouting one. If they send you ten years away or deep into a strike area or whatever, drop it and move on to the next area. Sometimes you will get a scan/scouting one that takes you to a new area of patrols. That's the shit you want! And once you do these for a while you'll start to memorize the descriptions and remember what the easy ones are from the descriptions.

Also, the "kill the target" patrols are nice because they give you bonus rep!

thanks man I really didnt even notice the difference icons...

Audible

Banned
Looking for 2 experienced players (preferably someone who can blow aethron off the ledge) to Hard Raid with very very soon. We're at the beginning.

Haines

Banned
Hope bungie comes out with a state of the game or addresses the direction this game is headed in the weekly update. Getting discouraging not knowing if or what they are wanting to fix or improve.

They have been doing a horrible job at communicating.

When does the weekly update hit?

A patch would do this game wonders.

neoism

Warlock is the only class I haven't been able to get into despite how awesome their late game looks. That glide and I just do not mesh.

yup got mine to level 6... couldn't stand pve anymore.. lol glide is not my thang.. I'm sure I will be the only one but I realllllly miss inertia from REACH that games movement clicked with me like no other :( I thought the long bearded bungle dude worked on this game the one from shadowrun... Does anyone know what he did in this game???

zlatko

Banned
Looking for 2 for VOG hard on ps4. figpc is the username

Fig---when you get to the last boss can you please drop someone for a moment, invite me to obtain check point, then ill leave and they can rejoin?

Pretty plz :)

PSN ID: OutlawOcelot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom