• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Face-Off: Strider (PS3/PS4/X360/XB1/PC)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It's obviously not a money hat and everyone that argues this is a silly conspiracy theorist.

No, this is their parting gift to Microsoft now that they are leaving for Amazon. ;-)

Could it be that they are just more experienced in XB1 over PS4?

Bf83Qjl.png

cf405FR.png

Thanks, am I crazy for not seeing this on the DF article?

I'm glad I got it for the Xbox One. Sucks about PS4 though. Hopefully they get it fixed for those players. Loving this game so far though.

I'm glad I got it for the Xbox One. Sucks about PS4 though. Hopefully they get it fixed for those players. Loving this game so far though.
It is. Even on hard it's a lot easier than you would expect a game like this to be. If you know the controls and know how and when to use your abilities it's not much of a challenge. It's a lot of fun though, but I was really hoping for an excruciating difficulty level.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The version that's actually missing textures? Sure. Enjoy! Hehehe...
Just you wait until the dGPU for the PS4 will be revealed! Then the real next-gen textures will be revealed!

And anyway If I wanted good textures I would play Minecraft with a high res texture mod, not Strider.

Is the geometry higher on PC?.

Looking at the tube on the right, the One, and PS4-versions are not round like the PC-version.

The pipe in the background? Looks more like better AA than better geometry.

(edit) Definitely just better AA. Check the blade of the sword between console and PC and you can see as well.

Cdammen

Well it isn't missing textures, it's missing texture filtering.
I know, I was being facetious, but it almost looks like there are no ground textures in that image, like there's negative AF if that's even possible. This is probably easily resolved with a simple patch, some dev should set the variable dealing with AF to true :)

(EDIT) Wow I thought the typed laughter at the end of my original post would suffice as a "I'm being sarcastic and jocular huehuehue". But nope.

??? Checked daily on the PS app and it only shows the full game.

Ah, I see. Go to the store on PS4, choose the full game and you should find an option on for a demo on the left.

Some games have separate demo listings, some are integrated with the full game. Confusing way to do things.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I use of 560Ti. There is literally a miniscule 0-1% frame-rate drop when I enable x16AF, so developers shouldn't have an excuse not to use it anymore with more powerful consoles and updated architecture now.

I find it funny that PS4 is exhibiting this kind of bug/behavior there... one of the strengths of its GPU is the much higher number of TMU's compared to Xbox One's GPU.

Top Bottom