• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry may not be covering Hogwarts Legacy (Update: Cunts showed up to John's home to harass him prior to all of this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Pro

This may be outside the scope of this topic, but I've been so done with DF for a long time anyway. More because their videos are so long because they focus on shit that just doesn't matter. Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick, that's all it sounds like to me. Like anyone really gives a shit if you zoom in 4x into a part of the screen and maybe see some jaggies or some shit. Every time I watched a video of theirs, I'm just skimming ahead to the part where they talk about if the framerate is stable or not, or which platform performs best. That's all that really matters in a game.

Kacho

Did anyone do that though really or are they talking about what they'll do themselves.

Because if you've read that between the lines, maybe you've become like them.
It's the latter. Manabyte was the only one I saw outright calling for a ban. The rest were simply stating they would unsub or stop supporting them financially through patreon, which is fine because that's their choice.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No one argues the "science",
That's a lie. You yourself even put science in quotations.
Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Last edited:

The Stig

Did anyone do that though really or are they talking about what they'll do themselves.

Because if you've read that between the lines, maybe you've become like them.
point taken but yeah a user did suggest that.
banDF.jpg

Thats from page 1. And I'm only on page 5 so far.

The vitriol ITT is ridiculous. I dont understand why everyone has assumed they've taken a side. You're putting words in their mouths.

point taken but yeah a user did suggest that.
banDF.jpg

Thats from page 1. And I'm only on page 5 so far.

The vitriol ITT is ridiculous. I dont understand why everyone has assumed they've taken a side. You're putting words in their mouths.

Digital Foundry is part of Eurogamer and we know Eurogamer’s stance

No one (other than a single poster) is asking them to be banned though

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Wow. To everyone calling others to unsubscribe from DF and block their ads etc.......

You do realize you're becoming one of them. While I'm disappointed theyre not covering it I can see why. So many posters here assume that they're part of the reee agenda. Have you not considered that they just can't be bothered with the hassle? As another poster said way earlier, maybe they just don't want to get canceled. Also It reads like John got harassed by these kind of people because he liked ion fury? WTF? Ion Fury is fucking great.

In fact, I was waiting for a video by them to help me decide whether or not to get it on PS5 or PC. (I dont care for harry potter but the game looks quite fun)
So you're saying they are basically cowards?
Why can IGN post a review and lo and behold the world didn't end?
They can do whatever they want but boycott can backfire at you as you can see.
I don't think people should boycott them or whatever, but to me if they rather care for things not games related than i don't see the value in them, just like you i wanted to see the PS5 performance since i like their reviews/tech reviews, but it's more important for them to care about other nonsense then gaming, so i have nothing left to see there.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That feels like a stretch. They aren't actively sabotaging the game, they just don't want to help. I think that's an important distinction.

Their only responsibility is to tell the truth about a product! But that's apparently not good enough in this specific case.

Which is because they are doing this to stick it to Rowling, and they don't care who gets caught in the crossfire.

Which is morally bankrupt behaviour.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
That's a lie. You yourself even put science in quotations.
Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight
Because his objections aren't scientific, they're semantic. We all agree on the science, where we seem to be breaking down on is that you think the names and pronouns you use for people are somehow a field of science.
Their only responsibility is to tell the truth about a product! But that's apparently not good enough in this specific case.

Which is because they are doing this to stick it to Rowling, and they don't care who gets caught in the crossfire.

Which is morally bankrupt behaviour.
Look, man, I don't eat at Chik-Fil-A because they use some portion of the money I would spend there and spend it campaigning against gay rights and supporting conversion therapy. That's my right as a consumer.

I realize plenty of perfectly nice people work at Chik-Fil-A and that if less people eat there it might be bad for them, but it's not my fucking job to support the fry cook at a chicken restaurant if I don't want to.

How is this any different?

Last edited:

The Stig

So you're saying they are basically cowards?
Why can IGN post a review and lo and behold the world didn't end?
They can do whatever they want but boycott can backfire at you as you can see.
I don't think people should boycott them or whatever, but to me if they rather care for things not games related than i don't see the value in them, just like you i wanted to see the PS5 performance since i like their reviews/tech reviews, but it's more important for them to care about other nonsense then gaming, so i have nothing left to see there.
ok just because they dont want unnessary stress/hassle does not automatically make them cowards.

also what if it was a mandate from eurogamer? do you expect them all to quit in principle over one dumb game?

fucks sake, guys, this just isnt worth the hassle

Power Pro

I think when you get down to it, whether or not they say the reason for not covering this game, you all know the reason.

If you look at their channel, there is a commonality among many of the games they cover: they're popular.

Hogwarts Legacy is one of the best selling games right now, and to not cover it is conspicuous no matter how you try to justify it being "their choice" or not. It's clearly out of an agenda, or fear.

Airbus Jr

Banned
That feels like a stretch. They aren't actively sabotaging the game, they just don't want to help. I think that's an important distinction.
XwSQ7nS.jpg

Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

ok just because they dont want unnessary stress/hassle does not automatically make them cowards.

also what if it was a mandate from eurogamer? do you expect them all to quit in principle over one dumb game?

Then just state so and stop being hypocrites. I dont care if they dont review it, what annoys me is their little show they're putting on

SF Kosmo

XwSQ7nS.jpg

Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions
Which of these people writes for Digital Foundry? I don't recognize them.

Last edited:

The Stig

Then just state so and stop being hypocrites. I dont care if they dont review it, what annoys me is their little show they're putting on
fair point. but maybe they dont all agree on it? if so, this is probably their only honest choice.

edit - also what makes them hypocrites? you dont know their stance.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
AND they make performance breakdowns on video games? Impressive.

Because science is the only thing on which people may disagree? Is that your position?
You still havent answered your accusation on rowling on your previous post weve been asking you to bring the quote from her ( if it exist )

Last edited:

Gorgyles

Banned
Digital Foundry is such a joke
I'm sure they cover all sorts of games they don't personally love
So skipping the biggest release of the year so far has to be political

Last edited by a moderator:

SF Kosmo

Kafka trap.
No, that's literally what you said. You said if Rowling and I agree on scientific matters, then she must have done nothing wrong.

The ONLY way a person can interpret that is that matters of right and wrong are strictly scientific.

If you meant something not-stupid, you need to go back and try again.

Don't be so disingenuous. You are balls deep in the culture war in here. You are not a saint trying to steer this back into only about DF.

We can talk about anyone you wish, but that doesn't make one person accountable for or reflective of anyone else. We WERE talking about DF, and then we suddenly substituted in a different person when one person started losing the argument.

I can't respond to you by simply quoting something stupid that Matt Walsh said, that isn't how conversations work.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned

I expect nothing as they owe my nothing.
I'm a fan of their work, both EG and DF, possibly one of the only text reviews sites i visit often.
It's obvious you are not neutral calling the game dumb but ok.
all i'm saying i'm disappointed with them and there's no reason for that.

OuterLimits

Hmmm makes me wonder what if people started complaining about Era’s mods to the parent company that bought them?

The company M.O.B.A Network that bought them seems to be completely hands off besides the site now having numerous large pop up ads constantly. I know little about the company but they apparently own 23 gaming community sites. Just checked and many of them seem to be largely Ghost towns with very sparse activity but have pop up ads in droves.(and the sites are often a cluttered mess to navigate) So Era definitely seems to be one of the few gaming sites they own that actually has significant activity on it.

MarkMe2525

Why would they 'not be interested' in covering one of the biggest games of this year?
Because many people aren't into fantasy and or live service games. It's appalling to see such a reaction. Since when do we champion people being forced to create content that they don't want to. Sounds communist and woke to me. 😀

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, that's literally what you said. You said if Rowling and I agree on scientific matters, then she must have done nothing wrong.

The ONLY way a person can interpret that is that matters of right and wrong are strictly scientific.

We can talk about anyone you wish, but that doesn't make one person accountable for or reflective of anyone else. We WERE talking about DF, and then we suddenly substituted in a different person when one person started losing the argument.
JK Rowling did nothing wrong. She stated science. You said nobody disagrees with that science. The end.

Keep on keeping on with the mental gymnastics, however.

Don’t stoop to the oppositions level and attack them. I already see people commenting on DFs twitter insulting them and whatnot.

It’s their choice to not make a video and it’s everyone’s choice to continue to watch them or support them. No need to insults, death threats, etc etc.

It’s childish.

jmbgator

Neo Member
If DF isn’t covering it, I’ll ask here, what has been your preferred mode on console with LG OLED (specifically PS5)? Is Uncapped Performance with VRR the way to go?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Look, man, I don't eat at Chik-Fil-A because they use some portion of the money I would spend there and spend it campaigning against gay rights and supporting conversion therapy. That's my right as a consumer.

I realize plenty of perfectly nice people work at Chik-Fil-A and that if less people eat there it might be bad for them, but it's not my fucking job to support the fry cook at a chicken restaurant if I don't want to.

How is this any different?

Well for a start off your an individual, not an outlet with thousands or even millions of views on a weekly basis.

Which basically means your protest is meaningless in every dimension.

Of course you are entitled to engage in whatever futile protest you choose, if it makes you feel better... cool. Just don't expect anyone to care, or even take you up on the highly likely possibility that among the financial beneficiaries of other products/business you use or patronize daily are categorically worse actors than Chick-Fil-A's management.

Airbus Jr

Banned

Hey man still waiting for this show us the quote from her where she said it

Youve been avoiding this for awhile now
Oh she has. It's been a slow burn, but she eventually came out against trans people being able to use the bathrooms they feel safe in, characterizes them as rapists and perverts, questions the validity of trans men, and gives to anti-trans activist causes and the like.

I don't think she started there, and we can have a conversation about whether or not the backlash contributed to driving her further into transphobic territory but she's pretty unambiguously there at this point.
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom