• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DirectX 12 GDC 2014 presentation: Low-Level Access, DX11 GPUs, Holiday 2015

chadskin

In 6 hours we'll find out whether MisterXMedia is either a fraud or is right and is treated with respect as an insider.

He'll be praying the heavens and the lords for that stacked GPU.

As inventive as he is, I'm sure he'll come up with a totally plausible explanation why the stacked GPU needs to be hidden juuust a little bit longer. And longer. And longer ...

http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828181

DirectX: Direct3D Futures (Presented by Microsoft)

So, Mantle.

jelly

More likely whatever they've been doing on Xbox all these years is now making it's way to PCs etc. not the other way round.

In 6 hours we'll find out whether MisterXMedia is either a fraud or is right and is treated with respect as an insider.

I think the determination is the scariest part of it. If he is trolling people which I highly suspect, he's a parasite.

stryke

People with common sense don't need 6 hours.

gruenel

I think the determination is the scariest part of it. If he is trolling people which I highly suspect, he's a parasite.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's some kind of social experiment. Maybe a doctor's thesis on mass psychology, gullibility, denialism or something.

It's just hard to believe for me that someone is a) really that deluded or b) putting so much effort into trolling people just for the giggles.

hesido

MisterXMedia's claims are laughable at best. They are so silly that I'm not even ready to eat crow if any of those are verified. "Being ready to eat crow if true" gives more credence to the absurd claims than they deserve.

edit: A social experiment defines the situation better, indeed.

MCD

I swear you guys are so fixated on this MisterX whatever. He is a joke character. End of story.

JaggedSac

Wouldn't surprise me if it's some kind of social experiment. Maybe a doctor's thesis on mass psychology, gullibility, denialism or something.

It's just hard to believe for me that someone is a) really that deluded or b) putting so much effort into trolling people just for the giggles.

Does his site have ads?

Slair

There is so much effort put into all the bullshit, the pages and pages of "evidence", pictures all pasted together in mspaint with poor english annotations. Every presentation microsoft or amd make and every tweet made by anyone related to microsoft is poured over, picked apart then rearranged to fit the insane narrative. It's quite fascinating, but kinda disturbing.

Why are people saying the new DX will affect current consoles? Did I miss something?

There were some insinuations that it would affect the Xbox.

Microsoft will probably try to make it as easy as possible to port games... that's the extent of what I think will happen.

People are thinking it will improve Xbox performance.

SmartBase

There were some insinuations that it would affect the Xbox.

Microsoft will probably try to make it as easy as possible to port games... that's the extent of what I think will happen.

People are thinking it will improve Xbox performance.

I think that one of the posters for DX12 a few weeks ago had Windows, Windows Phone and Xbone logos on it.

Tomorrow you'll read a lot of people claiming the future XBO wonderful boost thanks to DX12.

I remember the same nonsense with DX10 and the 360. Guess I better just enjoy the show.

Nozem

MisterXMedia's claims are laughable at best. They are so silly that I'm not even ready to eat crow if any of those are verified. "Being ready to eat crow if true" gives more credence to the absurd claims than they deserve.

edit: A social experiment defines the situation better, indeed.

I treat the site as a fascinating look into the mind of a madman. The mental gymnastics over there are mindboggling. Reminds me of creationists.

On topic: I don't suppose I should get my hopes up for new game announcements right?

On Demand

Banned
Ready for the DX12 GPU that MS kept quite about to F Sony and their Sony ponies over on N4G and Neogaf the mods are paid by Sony and are going to feel sorry taking Sony's side Sony lied all the time about the power gap to brainwash us now MS can finally reveal the truth all games in 1080p more powerful than PS4 and 3.2TF with cloud rendering 4.2TF R980x.

Guys?

Ready for the DX12 GPU that MS kept quite about to F Sony and their Sony ponies over on N4G and Neogaf the mods are paid by Sony and are going to feel sorry taking Sony's side Sony lied all the time about the power gap to brainwash us now MS can finally reveal the truth all games in 1080p more powerful than PS4 and 3.2TF with cloud rendering 4.2TF R980x.

Guys?

Take two of these and call me in the morning

What makes me laugh is that he claims the hidden stacked gpu is an R9 280x but has been modified with r9 290x cores.

The cores ARE the gpu, if it had R9 290X cores it would be a 290x.

There is no way they would have been able to fit a 290x in 100W envelope they are aiming for.

Doffen

Guys?

Whatever you're on. I want it.

Bheaze

Banned

Guys?

Yo dude, it's puff puff pass, stop hogging all the crack

chadskin

Guys?

dLQEUOJ.gif

Why do people waste so much time fixating on Mister X, lol? It's like him and Polygon reviews are some weird obsession where people hate them, but can't wait to bring them up in any discussion they remotely fit into. Just ignore them and everything will be better and more sane in these topics :p.

geordiemp

Guys?

Don't worry, they will present Dx12, I think nothing will pass that makes Xbox One a super console and it will be the same as it always was maybe with 10 % improvement with updated drivers...

Misterx will see some hidden meaning in a sentence somewhere, will make up a new excuse, and the hidden power will be coming at E3 / Autumn / Halo 5 / 2015 or whatever you want to fantasise.

The charade will continue and we need a good laugh. If MS do come out with a 1080P60 solution the internet will melt, but they are not stupid they would have dropped this months ago when Xbone has been loosing ,market share.

geordiemp

Why do people waste so much time fixating on Mister X, lol? It's like him and Polygon reviews are some weird obsession where people hate them, but can't wait to bring them up in any discussion they remotely fit into. Just ignore them and everything will be better and more sane in these topics :p.

Come on man, I read it and the comments every day. Its the most fun comical technical warped soap opera I have ever read. Just deluded funs per second.

I actually admire how he keeps making something up even bigger to cover p the previous rubbish, its quite amazing how he keeps it up

Naminator

Banned
http://semiaccurate.com/2014/03/18/microsoft-adopts-mantle-calls-dx12/

Relevant. Unfortunately I don't subscribe to humorous blogs as rule so I can't read the rest of it.
That website is a joke, that dude has such a hard on for everything AMD, and a vendetta against anything that can be considered AMDs competition, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sponsored by them.

I will watch this Mant.... DirectX presentation.

Lets not do that.

With AMD, Intel, nVidia, Qualcomm, and MS there; besides the lower overhead improvements that's been mentioned, I think dx12 might have something to do with HSA, or how different processing elements work together in a system. AMD has been teasing their #2isbetterthan1 for about a week, maybe dx12 will offer improvements to crossfire/sli so there's more of a linear power gain with added cards. Or something to change how men management works so 2 3GB cards will net 6GB of usable VRAM, rather then being limited to 3GB.

Agreed.

Come on man, I read it and the comments every day. Its the most fun comical technical warped soap opera I have ever read. Just deluded funs per second.

I actually admire how he keeps making something up even bigger to cover p the previous rubbish, its quite amazing how he keeps it up

On second thought, I'm actually getting intrigued. I've never visited the site personally since I feel like I have just by reading everyone's comments...but I might just start reading it for the laughs. It's no secret to anyone here that I prefer my XB1, but come on, be realistic Mister X, there is no secret sauce and never will be :p.

Kiant

On second thought, I'm actually getting intrigued. I've never visited the site personally since I feel like I have just by reading everyone's comments...but I might just start reading it for the laughs. It's no secret to anyone here that I prefer my XB1, but come on, be realistic Mister X, there is no secret sauce and never will be :p.

And so it begins! That guy should have ad's on his page.

Misterxmedia is already a fraud. His "insider" contradicts his own narrative regularly. The people on his blog make actually Xbox fans look ridiculous. His stupid blog has nothing to do with this presentation. He has no credibility so if anything he ever said is right its just dumb luck.

Dlacy13g

I swear you guys are so fixated on this MisterX whatever. He is a joke character. End of story.

Agreed. MR. X posts are like 3:1 to posts on Direct X12. Seems like he garners a lot of attention for being "out there". Mission accomplished?

Irobot82

This thread reminded me to go read Mister X Media's blog, it never lets you down...oh boy the lulz from that.

v4skunk84

Banned

Using common sense and logic I came to the conclusion mrxmedia is a penny(or two) short of a pound.
You would have to be quite slow in the head to believe this garbage. The first "stacked" Gpu will be an expensive high end card.

fasTRapid

Banned
Direct X marketshare has been shrinking since 2007. This is MS trying to slow down mass adoption of OpenGL. The likely way they are trying to do this is by providing Mantle like optimizations on the PC side. Valve, probably the biggest 'exclusive' PC developer, is trying to get rid of Direct X. It has minimal to no performance significance for Xbox as it's fixed hardware devs can custom tailor their code 100% for today.

big_z

careful his rants and poor writing are hard on the brain. take it in small doses or you might tard yourself.

geordiemp

careful his rants and poor writing are hard on the brain. take it in small doses or you might tard yourself.

Also the hatred for 'sony ponies' and almost every site is something to behold in the comments section - they even rejoice at every Sony job lost. Its quite sad almost like extremism fanboys....cant believe some people in this world..

big_z

Also the hatred for 'sony ponies' and almost every site is something to behold in the comments section - they even rejoice at every Sony job lost. Its quite sad almost like extremism fanboys....cant believe some people in this world..

I sometimes wonder if he was a gaffer that got banned. getting banned from gaf seems to set some people off on a personal quest to destroy it.

ive tried to post a few comments on the site but he screens every one. unless you join his circle jerk your comment wont make it.

I got a private message somewhere about minds getting blown (caps locked) - not sure if related to DX12 or Microsoft but the timing would fit.

without giving away the person what type of source did that comment come from?

Top Bottom