• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5: Digital Foundry Console Comparison - PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X/Series S + Performance - Every Game Mode Tested

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Overclocking is not a problem of power consumption, it´s a problem for GPU stability and heat. 2,23GHZ causes degrading inner materials and final breakdown.

This is a degrading GPU... and it is just first week:

Xbox fanboy with a new account.

lol

Xbox consoles are experiencing similar graphical problems. You guys just make accounts just to post BS on a forum.

NEbeast

Overclocking is not a problem of power consumption, it´s a problem for GPU stability and heat. 2,23GHZ causes degrading inner materials and final breakdown.

Played my ps5 non-stop since Thursday, its perfectly fine. Both ps5 and SX have that issue, it's just a bad chip.

JTCx

Phil Spencer you motherfucker.

giphy.gif

and blocked.

Jokes aside, the Xbox team or someone in the industry needs to start explaining whats going on here because it just makes them look really bad. They were all gung-ho on the "most powerful" console marketing. It looked good on paper but somethings clearly wrong, wether it be the "tools" or just a shitty API, only they and the devs of the games know so they better get ahead of it before the narrative is just stacked against them more so than it already is.

No one should be mad at PS fans for gloating right now either, they have every right to at this point.
NyNE.gif

Great Hair

Banned
Let´s see how long it takes for YT to convert it to 4K or for someone from Digital Foundry to release a statement, claiming YT botched the conversion and that they lost the 4K edit, no re uploads.

Dirt 5: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S Comparison + Performance - Every Game Mode Tested!
Video ID: hLUrgHWxWCU
Upload Date (YYYY/MM/DD): 2020-11-21
Upload Time (UTC): 14:33:56

About 8h have past since then. No 4K as of yet. Using a GTX it would take only about 10min to 20min to re-encode (CUDA, nvenc@50mbit+).

VGtech released 7 videos in 5 days
DF released 4 videos of which only 2 are face-offs in 5 days
ElAnalistaDeBits released 17 videos in 5 days

Last edited:

pratyush

Power consumption generates heat. If it is rated to run at particular power consumption, heat dissipation is taken care along with that. You have no clue what you are talking about. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Manufacturing defect can occur in initial product. Even your precious XSX is facing the same.

onQ123

Boost mode it´s controlled overclocking.

New 1000$ AMD graphic card can work in boost mode, at 2,1GHZ, but with high-end ventilation, three fans only for the GPU, and very premium architecture. And its boost mode, normal gaming mode is 1,9GHZ.

PS5... well

Do you know who that is?

HAL-01

Oh fuck oh god someone tell AMD, they didn’t realize high clocks would break their entire new line of gpus. Their top engineers should listen to this guy he knows his shit

Hezekiah

Banned
[
Missing the context;

53hIkqj.png

Of course, PS5 has the biggest advantage anyway in the Dualsense, but I think the reports of Series X's death are greatly exaggerated.

Now if you'll excuse me...

do-not-disturb-embarrassed.gif
Surely parity isn't what Microsoft was aiming for though after all their chest-thumping.

I hope they test it again when the patch comes out. VRR will most likely make the XSX version the best, XSX already has the framerate advantage according to DF. Possibly because of the bug so we'll see if that holds up.

And PS5 has the Dualsense aswell. Only issue PS5 has is on specific tracks which will likely be patched anyway.

Last edited:
Dirt 5: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S Comparison + Performance - Every Game Mode Tested!
Video ID: hLUrgHWxWCU
Upload Date (YYYY/MM/DD): 2020-11-21
Upload Time (UTC): 14:33:56

About 8h have past since then. No 4K as of yet. Using a GTX it would take only about 10min to 20min to re-encode (CUDA, nvenc@50mbit+).

He uploaded his Demon's Souls review four days ago and it's still not in 4K. He probably fucked up something.

reinking

Gold Member
Bought the Xbox version at launch on one x...didn’t know I would get the inferior version on next gen.😩
Next gen doesn't start for Xbox for another year or two. Enjoy Game Pass and the enhanced BC. That is what I bought my XBSX for and it's not like the third-party games are any less playable because the PS5 has a slight advantage.

retsof624

Is this even true? I keep reading this but kinda hard to believe MS back peddalling like that.
When they announced Project Scarlett last year Phil said "the most powerful and highest performing console we've ever designed"
They said "the world's most powerful console" with the One X, but I can't find when they said it with the Series X.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Awesome. Quick resume next, Sony. Thanks! Also, for me at least, the haptics are overrated. I turned them off in Spiderman. Neat demo for them in Astrobot though.
Depends what the RAM footprint is imo, most people aren't switching regularly between games. Maybe Netflix, but even there most people will run it off their TVs.

RaySoft

Honest question. If they add the gfx profile to match PS5 version, what happens to the frame rate/resolution on Series X?
The "gfx profile" is just another word for wich settings are applied. Let's say that the dev mixed their settings between the S and X.. This would in that case be the result. IF that is the case tho' we don't know yet. It could just as easily be that the dev thought that the X needed that profile to run efficiently. It could be many things really..
We know that their toolset is not quite there yet either. The GDK deprives the X to be on par with the PS5. There will never be a "delta" as some are stating, but we knew this.. The devs said from day 1 that these machines are neck & neck despite utilizing different ways to get there.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Take a shot every time DF says ’bug’.

tenor.gif
Good I seen the whole video. Jesus. John seems almost terrified to point out how better is the ps5 version, he tries to moderate his tone, slightly better AF(slightly?), slightly higher resolution on ps5 but when the 120 mode analysis starts, long silence. He literally doesn't know how to tell to Rich the cruel reality 🤣 I don't know what's going on, don't make sense to me, please Rich I just did my job don't hate me... but everything in series X is lower setting, everything. How can be? How can be? Rich: a bug, just bug, looks to the horizon and breath, everything will going fine. Future smile to use, the 12 TF beast will be redeemed, that's inevitable, don't worry.
Please God 🥺 give many multiplat analysis on DF like this. Just too see again this wonderful show. That's the best thing I seen on YouTube from decade.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Depends what the RAM footprint is imo, most people aren't switching regularly between games. Maybe Netflix, but even there most people will run it off their TVs.

Loading on Sony's SSD is amazing, quick resume, which is just a name for fast loading is unneeded, gotcha!

This reminds me of how people say Game Pass sucks until Sony starts talking about maybe having an answer to it then all of a sudden it's "Sony's going for the kill!" So it is good?

noise36

Even though I have both consoles, this concerns me as i prefer the Xbox ecosystem. While I don't generally buy many generic multiplatform games these issues if not resolved will probably impact all games.

I am sure MS are aware of what's going on , why they haven't done anything about it yet is anyone's guess.

If cyberpunk suffers this sort of fate then I can't imagine anything more embarrassing for MS leading into Christmas.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Loading on Sony's SSD is amazing, quick resume, which is just a name for fast loading is unneeded, gotcha!

This reminds me of how people say Game Pass sucks until Sony starts talking about maybe having an answer to it then all of a sudden it's "Sony's going for the kill!" So it is good?
Wow you sound awful triggered.

The point I'm making is that Quick Resume requires a certain amount of RAM to operate, not saying it's unneeded or not a good feature. It's trade off.

No need to attack anyone who disagrees with you 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
Top Bottom