• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5: Digital Foundry Console Comparison - PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X/Series S + Performance - Every Game Mode Tested

assurdum

Banned
And they're absolutely right.
We really can't, not when it's obvious now that there's something wrong with the boxes development environment. Fortunately this can improve with time and right now there's not way to know you much it'll improve when all these problems are solved. Will the SeX get ahead as expected on multiplat games or in the end the PS5 is close enough that will not make a difference outside first party exclusives?

Let's laugh as much as we can for now, but please, "never go full retarded" please and lost sight of things.
Mmm sure. A pity when PS3 was the fault hardware in multiplat, I didn't seen they so involved in the early development narrative as today.

Last edited:

rashid102

Neo Member
power your dreams
giphy.gif

This is really indefensible at this point. MS need to make a statement. If the console is not as powerful as they stated, fine, just come out and say that. If they are working on a fix, good, say that. Otherwise, we are going to have months of this shit.

At this point it is just embarrassing for MS. They need to own it.

If they always went with "out most powerful Xbox" they would have been fine.

That's really the only mistake that Microsoft has really made.

Now for the fake rumors and bullshit that was spread over the past year it's time that people start holding those FUD spreaders accountable for their actions. Those people set expectations rock bottom for the PS5 and sky high for the XSX. And some of them have over 100K subscribers.

This is really indefensible at this point. MS need to make a statement. If the console is not as powerful as they stated, fine, just come out and say that. If they are working on a fix, good, say that. Otherwise, we are going to have months of this shit.

Its nice to hold them accountable honestly. sorry if we act childish now but its the fault of their own marketing haha. If you hold them accountable they have to fix it sooner rather than later ❤

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
They spent over 2 mins damage controlling for Xbox. Tools and covid!

John: “I don’t think we can take anything away from these initial launch comparisons. That’s really important to note.”
Jesus Christ. Seriously? Man I don't know if I have the strength to look the video now. The impartial tech analysis. Literally what is it the point to excuse the worst perfomance every single time? Are they payed to MS? And they feel offended when someone point the finger against them

Last edited:

truth411

I disagree; it's got to be a software issue, because the power is there in the hardware. 52 CUs @ 12 teraflops should handle this game at least as well as the PS5 when the XSX's bottlenecks are taken into account - if not better.
Hmmmm could it be that merely Teraflops is not an absolute indicator of a Systems performance? Just a thought... Just a thought...

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Boy, all these recent face offs between Series S/X and PS5 are astonishing. I wonder how the people who specifically bought a Series X "because multi plats will run best on Xbox" feel now ...

THEAP99

Banned
So that's what? 3-1 for multiplatform performance in favor of PlayStation? $400 all digital value looking amazing. Not to mention the dualsense advantage.

Cerny and Ryan deliver, again (the games and results speak for themselves as they said they would) meanwhile Greenberg and Ronald tumble

ethomaz

Banned
Sometimes I wonder about your mental capacity man.

Please become a serious person else I legit will have to just place you on the ignore list, you stress me out because I start thinking its me going crazy.

This is what you posted:

So I showed you what Forza 4 looks like because im assuming you just forgot what Forza 4 actually looked like. and you telling me Dirt 5 looks worse than that.....counting the resolution, shader quality, aliasing and model detail?
Dirt 5 looks no better than in these videos... the resolution is higher.

I’m not seeing that Dirt 5 good looking some seems to see... and I’m talking about the PS5 version.

GT6.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
And they're absolutely right.
We really can't, not when it's obvious now that there's something wrong with the boxes development environment. Fortunately this can improve with time and right now there's not way to know you much it'll improve when all these problems are solved. Will the SeX get ahead as expected on multiplat games or in the end the PS5 is close enough that will not make a difference outside first party exclusives?

Let's laugh as much as we can for now, but please, "never go full retarded" please and lost sight of things.
Yeah there is a problem, a bug, in every game it’s the same bug, the same problem......the tools.

Topher

Gold Member
Jesus Christ. Seriously? Man I don't know if I have the strength to look the video now. The impartial tech analysis. Literally what is it the point to excuse the worst perfomance? Are they payed or what?

There was a bit of cringe in how reluctant they sounded. They sounded like they really didn't want to be talking about this. I'm not one to call DF biased or "paid" because I enjoy their work. But they really need to be straight up and call it as it is and stop with the disclaimers and caveats as it *seems* very selective.

cebri.one

Oh wrong Blur

Better AF is weird, XBSX should have TMU performance advantage... the bottleneck is elsewhere. Those CUs are maybe chocked and are chocking the rest of the system? maybe to many CUs for that ammount of cache and BW?

Last edited:

paypay88

Banned
some people say it’s an incredible value as a next gen console.
they are brain dead then?
i can pay 100$ more and have a superior product that will last until end of gen.
What's so "valueful" about XSS. Playing on 570p ? maybe as retro console sure , those get valuable for collectors i agree.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Boy, all these recent face offs between Series S/X and PS5 are astonishing. I wonder how the people who specifically bought a Series X "because multi plats will run best on Xbox" feel now ...
Well I bought both consoles, but I did buy most of these damn games for the wrong one. Will need to rethink my 3rd party strategy.

paypay88

Banned
True, the XSX is massively underperforming and the big question is why. I don't buy the Cerny Secret Sauce take, secret sauce hasn't been a thing since the PS2 days.

PS5 has 16 GB unified 440 gb/s memory.
XSX has 500 gb/s 10 gb mem, 6 gb 300 gb/s memory

thats why.

PS5 overall is better machine , splitting memory like this is not good idea.

Dodkrake

Banned
They said Xbox holds it well, the PS5 doesn't, low 90s in that video. That will be some series judder and ruins gameplay. No VRR so you're stuck with it, PS5 just can't cut it.

Dude, who the fuck dropped you when you were a toddler? The Xbox versions are running more stable at 120hz because they have PS3 era graphics in that mode. The ps5 absolutely dick slaps the Xbox Series X, it's not even a context.

Kuranghi

Maybe the XSX (they/them) could ask the PS5 (lord/king) if they can borrow some shadows/ambient occlusion.

This does seem peculiarly fucked, so I think something else is going on maybe. I say wait a few weeks to see if they fix it.

True, the XSX is massively underperforming and the big question is why. I don't buy the Cerny Secret Sauce take, secret sauce hasn't been a thing since the PS2 days.

Customizations can help with peformance though. When the Teraflop difference is close maybe the customizations determine which system performs better?

And I'm not talking about GPUs in the power supply or anything silly like that.

Well I bought both consoles, but I did buy most of these damn games for the wrong one. Will need to rethink my 3rd party strategy.

Just wait for comparisons. I know alot of people hate Matt from Era but he says the PS5 will win some and the XSX will win others. It's best to wait for a comparison to figure out which version suits your needs the best.

Last edited:

i don't want to get into details. but simply put, it is because not all 52 CU are working at all times given the current pipeline. PS5 has a massive single CU performance advantage. XSX will catch up later in the cycle ofc. But all those performance FUD prior to the release were just BS.

and also, it's not secret. but smartshift boosts performance a lot. don't believe the 9tf FUD

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Can they stop putting Series S in these videos though? People that want the budget console don't care anyway. And it's boring.

Uh....yeah, my eyebrows raised a bit with Leadbetter damn near calling bullshit on Series S as a 1440p targeted console.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Dirt 5 looks no better than in these videos... the resolution is higher.

I’m not seeing that Dirt 5 good looking some seems to see... and I’m talking about the PS5 version.

Fuck it.
Please try to remember my user name, and whenever I post anything for my own sanity, dont quote me.

I wont put you on ignore incase you have something interesting to say......literally every time you have quoted me ive left worse off mentally than when I started.

onQ123

But it is as powerful as they said , people just don't understand specs & the fact that games are not designed around the specs of Xbox Series X so they can't cut the corners needed to make Xbox Series X shine.

People ignore the the fact that MS said Xbox Series X was 4X-6X the raw power of Xbox One but they have changes in place so devs can get a lot more out of the raw power & these changes depend on you not being able to notice the difference while playing games.

ethomaz

Banned
Fuck it.
Please try to remember my user name, and whenever I post anything for my own sanity, dont quote me.

I wont put you on ignore incase you have something interesting to say......literally every time you have quoted me ive left worse off mentally than when I started.
It is easier.

Compres what you saw in Dirt 5 with that for example:

We comparing the game with PS360 games... that tells you a lot about it graphic quality.

How can Cherno be impressed?

Last edited:

oxman2k

got both the xsx + ps5 glad i bought this on the ps5 best version as i don't care or have a 120hz display,seriously microsoft need to sort this out fast or a lot of xsx going to be traded or sold.the reason i have both is because i fell for the ms bs that most multi plats would run much better on xsx not all would run worse ffs and relying on vrr to sort things out when 90% don't have it not good enough.

TTOOLL

Things may change in the future but people really downplayed the plan and execution behind the PS5. If you want to understand the philosophy behind it go watch road to PS5 again.
The thing was designed by Sony and developers worldwide.
It’s easy to develop for the ps5, period. The tools meme is true.
MS has to account for Series S, X and PC. It’s not easy.

Top Bottom