• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Four Cheese Doritos...

And for the life of me I can't seem to find any Terry's chocolate oranges around here anymore.

I think they were either 'Chester Cheetah Doritos' or simply 'Cheetos-Flavored Doritos'. Seems it was only a very short time in the mid-90's that they were available. I remember really liking them but few people seem to recall them, if my Google searching is anything to go by.

-Volimar: Oh yeah, I think those were around about the same time as the Cheetos flavor.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Sour Cream n Onion Rings I can't find these anywheres

KrackOPop-OR-SCO.jpg

Irish

cacophony said:
PB Crisps :(

j9xds6.jpg

Uh... HOLY HELL!!! Seriously, I used to eat the ever-loving shit out of those things and I've been trying to remember what they were for many years now. I totally wasn't expecting to see that when I walked into this thread. I had no idea they were discontinued either. :/

DiscoJer said:
Zaps - These were basically candy covered chewable sweettarts.

Hm... would these be similar to Shock Tarts?
small

shockers2.jpg

The search for those just made me realize I haven't had some in several years. I now have to go down to the gas station and see if I can get some.

Medalion said:

One slice is never enough.
Viennetta. An unforgettable experience.
It's not dessert...it's Viennetta.

My sister and I were obsessed with the Viennetta commercials. They were so posh and ridiculous, and they served them in the same crystal bowls they used in the fancy feast ads. No matter what we were eating (pizza, roast, whatever) or what dinnerware was used, Viennetta demanded the crystal dessert bowls, (probably terrible) accents, and the constant repetition of every Viennetta tag line we could recall. I'm kind of shocked my parents didn't murder us.

zerotol

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
PB Crisps, omg... I loved those!!!! And tangerine Altoids!

By the way, you can get chicken littles at KFC in Kentucky. oooh weee, son.

Now, here is what I miss:

f_PbMAX005m_ef5cdff.jpg

Oh myyyy God!

Wow!!!! PB Max! So amazing, so delicious. I haven't seen one of these since I was a kid. It sort of seemed like it was possible to overdose on those things. like a speedball for kids.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
dejay said:
The El Maco burger from McDonalds. According to wikipedia it's still sold in some European countries :(

d5V6o.jpg

A burger with sour cream and taco sauce. Probably the best burger I've ever had from Maccas and it's only graced our shores twice.

fFra3.jpg
Came back to the thread to post this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Volimar said:
Four Cheese Doritos...

And for the life of me I can't seem to find any Terry's chocolate oranges around here anymore.

god, i loved this flavor. i used to devour these, and are my second favorite flavor next to the spicy sweet chili flavored ones..

now if i could get some amazin cajun cheetos, the world would be a better place

weepy

Mortrialus said:

Used to love this (key word being used to). But unfortunately I don't think I could enjoy a glass now without puking. See, my cousin and I used to drink this a lot when we were kids and his house was infested with roaches...yeah.

Irish

Randomizer said:
These are still available in the UK, only we call it Crunchy Nut and apparently they are planning on releasing them this year in US.

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/whatson/p...ets-a-taste-of-a-thoroughly-british-breakfast

From the Article:

Notes to editors: said:
? Crunchy Nut has also perhaps become best known for its tongue in cheek TV advertising over the years. In 2008 Crunchy Nut beat off 20 other brands like Activia, Argos, Orange and Huggies

Wait, what now?

Mœbius

Funny Feet ice cream.

t8yEV.jpg

I can still remember how these tasted and my word were they delicious - the softest, most tasty strawberry ice cream I've ever had. I seem to recall that later versions of it had chocolate on the big toe. Anyway, think it was discontinued in the early 90s.

I would instantly buy a ticket to any country that still sells them.

zoner said:
People tell me that DUnkaroos still exist, but I've never seen them.

So Dunkaroos.

I think these are sold at one of the walmarts around me. I remember about a week or two ago my friend found some from there. Ill check and see.

If so, want me to try and ship them your way?

weepy said:
Used to love this (key word being used to). But unfortunately I don't think I could enjoy a glass now without puking. See, my cousin and I used to drink this a lot when we were kids and his house was infested with roaches...yeah.

Thats unfortunate and it sounds like it has less to do with actual taste and more your body naturally and wrongfully associating two unrelated stimuli.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Teetris said:
rQPBq.jpg

I need this in my life again so bad
I just googled this, i used to fucking love maxibon. Apparently they are still around in the UK, just impossible to find. Someone on the facebook page said they sell them in Asda.

akira28

Anticitizen One said:

I bought this some months ago, in a jug. It was delicious, almost as good as I remembered it.

Oh yeah, what I miss.
Mountain Berry Punch flavored Kool-Aid

and also Shakey's Pizza.

Darkflight said:
Vesta Chicken Supreme
Cadbury Wispas (not seen any for years)

Wispa's came back a few years ago. They had the caramel one as a limited edition too. I miss it. They should bring it back permanently.

cajunator

Banned
Volimar said:
Four Cheese Doritos...

I had some of these a couple of years ago.
I'm pretty sure they are still being made, or another brand.

Medalion

Banned
Ok, I'm sorry if my post suddenly doesn't count because apparently people can get this shit in their respective places but in Canada they sold us out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom