• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

Throavium said:
tumblr_l8wkg51Yfr1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg

You guys know this was re-launched under the name "Vault", right? You can go buy some today.

Seraphis Cain said:
l4RHx.jpg

McDonald's Spicy Chicken. They were only available (at least around here) for a few months back in 2003-2004, then never again. =/ Best spicy chicken sandwich I'd ever had. And that's saying a lot considering it's from McDonald's.
Had one in Thailand about three weeks ago

Pizza Hut Buffalo Chicken Pizza (stuffed crust)

buffalochicken.jpg

During the mid 2000s, it was an amazing combination of buffalo wing sauce and strips of bonsless chicken breast. Combined with the stuffed crust and a side of ranch dressing and it was heaven in a box. I worked at a Pizza Hut call center taking orders for pizzas and I would routinely grab one of those after my shift on a Friday night.

Herbspicesoy said:
I also miss some of the 'dirty' candy that I think was produced in a Scandinavian country. There were different kinds of candy with names as birdshit, dog farts, dirty diapers and delicious titties.
Here's a commercial of delicious titties: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6RWYio7bhs&feature=related and dog farts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHzg5Yytqyo

The company BonBon, or whatever they still exist but they have much less different kinds unfortunately.

Retro

Ah, I love and hate these threads. Love 'em because people can usually suggest alternatives or even help find a long-lost flavor, but hate because some of them are gone forever.

cacophony said:
Sour cream and onion Munch ems. Best snack ever

030100164395.jpg

They had Ranch too, these were sooooo fucking good.

Wingfan19 said:

You, sir, are in luck: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30007908&postcount=108

Just posted that less than an hour ago and I saw this thread pop up. Seriously, anyone jonesin' for some Planters Cheese Balls/Curls needs to give Utz a try, it's 100% gotta be the same damn recipe.

I usually bring home two of the big ass barrels of cheese balls and a couple bags of curls for my brothers in Indiana since they (usually) can't find them there.

Bread said:
orange hi-c used to be the shit too, then they changed the formula and made it orange lavaburst and it blows.

Unless I am mistaken, you can still get the original Orange flavor (not Ecto cooler) at McDonalds. It may not be the same as the store-bought stuff, but I'm like 90% certain the flavor hasn't changed since I was a kid.

But yeah, they need to seriously bring back Ecto Cooler or somebody needs to track down the formula to make it at home.

3N16MA said:
A restaurant instead of one item but they closed up shop years ago in Canada. Still crave that greasy seafood every once in awhile.

OOfiC.jpg

These are quite common in the US, but alas, there are none where I live. Thus, I share your pain. Luckily, when I visit my family for the holidays, I can stop by and get some.

You might try looking for Captain D's, it's supposedly similar (I've heard, have not tried).

cajunator said:
final%20tato%20skins.JPG

To be fair, TGI Fridays makes some great replacements.

Incorrect: TGI Friday's brand is the exact same company (Inventure Brands). From what I've read (yes, I actually researched snack foods to try and find some), they mostly appear in vending machines rather than store shelves.

Their website still lists Tato Skins as a product but you can't actually select that brand on their product locator. I happen to know for a fact, however, that you can still buy them at Meijer since I bought some just last year. Meijer is a chain of Mega Stores in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan (and a few stores in Kentucky and Illinois). If you're passing through or have friends in the midwest, they might be able to hook you up.

Bel Marduk said:

Ahh fuck, I LOVED this stuff. Towards the end they came in these metallic canisters that kept them amazingly cold. Damn. =(

Ramma2

These were all the rage during high school. Can't say I really miss it as a tasty product, but I do miss being infatuated with stupid things as a kid.

Orbitzsoda.jpg

cbox

big_z said:
50232_2249065036_2490_n.jpg

41794_135605355362_4733_n.jpg

these two gems need to come back. instead the retards at fritolay have been giving us the worst flavors possible here in canada. the buffalo one was the worst, smelt like hot trash and tasted even worse. ate two chips and tossed the bag.

You are the man, ketchup doritos were out of this world.

QP3

This thread is full of nostalgia.

But I am looking for some help remembering the name of a candy I used to have. They were little red gummy shoes, and they would come in a small "shoebox". Each shoe was probably about the size of your thumb.

I remember getting them on halloween during the 90's. Anyone know/remember what I speaking of, or am I crazy?

bengraven

zoner said:
Here's one that doesn't rely on nostalgia
2nsrgvd.jpg

Stupid Burger King assholes.

You're my new best friend. The Italian Chicken is fucking glorious. I worked at BK for the two or three years they kept it in constant rotation and ate so many of these.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yea I saw Vanilla Coke in 12 packs at the store this morning but no 2 liter :|

Crystal Pepsi
and Butterscotch Cake Mix

I hear they still make it but I haven't seen anything in 4 years.

I'll trade a 12 pack of Vanilla Coke for 4 boxes of butterscotch cake mix :(

Jme

Leona Lewis said:
674_196_ucp.jpg

Bliss. Too good to last :-(

I literally JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF THIS at Target (In Pennsylvania)
I almost punched an old lady in the jaw I was so excited when I saw them.

Also, fuck you OP. PB Crisps? Thanks for reminding me I'll never enjoy these again.

As for fast foods I miss - McDLT (Keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool)
And BK Back Porch Grillers (the best tasting fast food burger I ever had outside of a Five Guys)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jme said:
I literally JUST BOUGHT A BOX OF THIS at Target (In Pennsylvania)
I almost punched an old lady in the jaw I was so excited when I saw them.

Also, fuck you OP. PB Crisps? Thanks for reminding me I'll never enjoy these again.

As for fast foods I miss - McDLT (Keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool)
And BK Back Porch Grillers (the best tasting fast food burger I ever had outside of a Five Guys)

lol
you can buy that cereal from amazon

Jme

Moofers said:
You guys know this was re-launched under the name "Vault", right? You can go buy some today.
Nope, Vault tastes like shit compared to Surge.

Also, on the subject of sodas, I also miss Crystal Pepsi.
Pepsi Blue can go fuck itself.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Marleyman said:
At least around my way..I like their roast beef sandwiches much more than Arby's.

rax-04.jpg

There's only 13 Rax stores left in the US. Luckily, my town has one of those 13.

Also, ours is the picture used on the Rax Wikipedia entry. Which is sorta cool.

Nekofrog

Banned
I used to eat these sour gummi Warheads shaped like the mascot, Wally or whatever his name is. Always bought them in HUGE bags at Suncoast. After the store folded, I never saw them again, anywhere.

I can't even find a TRACE of them on the internet. It's like they never existed.

Best.candy.ever

Wish I could find it somewhere.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nekofrog said:
I used to eat these sour gummi Warheads shaped like the mascot, Wally or whatever his name is. Always bought them in HUGE bags at Suncoast. After the store folded, I never saw them again, anywhere.

I can't even find a TRACE of them on the internet. It's like they never existed.

Best.candy.ever

Wish I could find it somewhere.

gwarheads.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bel Marduk said:

A lot of you don't remember, but besides their core 4 flavors, there were at least 2 others - one called Venom and another one I can't remember, I think maybe Cyclone. Amazing stuff.

blahness

I don't usually eat at TGI Fridays but this was probably the only reason to go there.. now its gone :(

Fiery Chicken Popper Sandwich -
A crispy chicken breast, smothered with cream cheese & jalapeño habanero jelly then topped with jalapeños and mayo. Served on toasted ciabatta bread with fries and a Jalapeño Popper

chicken+popper.bmp

Marleyman

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
There's only 13 Rax stores left in the US. Luckily, my town has one of those 13.

Also, ours is the picture used on the Rax Wikipedia entry. Which is sorta cool.

Lucky; I had a birthday party there in 3rd grade. You enjoy their roast beef sandwich over Arbys?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, how could I forget this:

V8rs4.jpg

My absolute favorite frozen dinner ever. Sadly, they don't make it anymore. =/

Also, Ranch Fritos. If anyone can find me a decent sized picture of a bag of Ranch Fritos, you'll be my goddamn hero.

Marleyman said:
Lucky; I had a birthday party there in 3rd grade. You enjoy their roast beef sandwich over Arbys?

Actually I don't eat their roast beef. I basically just go there for their chili cheese fries. sogood.gif

Also, funny story. The family that owned our town's Arby's sold it to open the Rax. :lol

Nekofrog said:
Much, much bigger bag. Probably a pound or more.

Know if they still make these?

From what I can tell, no. Only one website seems to have them available, and it doesn't look like it's been updated in ages. So, yeah, probably not.

Enco

Couldn't find a picture but Scooby Snacks.

That's right. They made crisps based on Scooby snacks. They were brilliant.

Nekofrog

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
How kids these days can grow up without Ecto-Cooler in their lives baffles me.

They still make it, and it's just as tasty as ever.

Lavaburst.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong.

To crosslink with the PA snack thread, apparently Maier's Donuts are no longer made in the tri-state area. Delicious papery cream filled donuts :(.

2646971223_47c7936f2d.jpg

I have no idea why Pac Man cereal was still available into the early 90's but it literally was the best cereal I've ever tasted. I could eat it by the box.

KjtOy.jpg

This was a delicious chocolate that you could spread on stuff. Godlike. Made by Lipton.
0Dpsu.jpg

My favorite cereal when growing up. Yes, I'm aware of the sexual innuendo in the name. I didn't care :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
AlberichMX said:
447304-515px_manzanita_sol_verde_super.jpg

(Green apple "Manzanita Sol", PepsiCo)
I never see this soda again =(

It is here in NYC by the fucking truck loads

I live in Corona Queens, very dense Hispanic community

They have the 1 liter for $2.00....so good

EschatonDX said:
nesquik-banana.jpg

Used to get this in the UK. not sure if it still exists
It does, but I can only ever find the small boxes of them. Having a glass of it right now. <3
Also, if you mix it with the right amount of the chocolate you can get it to taste like plastic modelling glue, which is fantastic... but quicly becomes sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom