• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
xf3yz.jpg

Probably taste worse than I remember.

3N16MA

Banned
A restaurant instead of one item but they closed up shop years ago in Canada. Still crave that greasy seafood every once in awhile.

OOfiC.jpg

MTE

Have to post a chololate bar that was sold for a short time here in Aus.

The Toffle. It was essentialy what Daim, or a Skor is. We didn't have either of those at the time though (And still don't domestically.) I remember eating a crapton of them when they'd been discontinued and were being sold off in bulk.
Yum!

Oh, also Irn Bru, which was made and sold here for about 3 months a few years ago. These days you can't even import it. :(

Miguel

LongDongJunon said:

In 1998, M&M's became "The Official Candy of the New Millennium", since MM is the roman numeral for 2000. A year later, Crispy M&M's were released. They were slightly larger than the milk chocolate variety and featured a crispy rice center. They were discontinued in the United States in 2005, though they brought in more profit than any other M&M variety. They are still available in Europe, Australia, and southeast Asia.

WHY!?! >:|

DonMigs85

Ninja Turtle Ooze candy
KFC Caesar Chicken Twister
By the way Crispy M&M's are the WORST variant. Just get yourself a bar of Nestle Crunch instead.

Bread

Banned
This thread made me look up an old Captain Crunch limited edition box, where it came with this delicious icing that you put on top of the cereal. I was convinced I dreamed it all up, because there was no evidence online of it ever existing.

And I found proof.

This just made my night, if only I could have a box of that shit right now.

Medalion

Banned
ndreamer said:
Im pretty sure you can still get both of those in australia still, i have picked up vanilla coke a few times.
Alas I am not in Australia, but in Canada. Those 2 are no longer distributed in this market.

MTE

dejay said:
Dr Pepper in Australia. It never took off :(

Also this!

These days, at least where I live, it's making quite the comeback. It's available (imported) in a lot of shops! Probably 4 within a city block of me.

3N16MA said:
A restaurant instead of one item but they closed up shop years ago in Canada. Still crave that greasy seafood every once in awhile.

OOfiC.jpg

They are still around here in the US. My vote would go to the McDonalds cheese danish they had way back when, that thing sooooooooo good and then it got discontinued. :(

The sad thing was I knew it was coming because I noticed it start to disappear off of different McDonald's menus around the area until only one had them, and then they were gone. What I would do to have one of those again, and sad thing is you can't even find a picture or anything like that of it on the internet either, crazy!

PB Crisps, omg... I loved those!!!! And tangerine Altoids!

By the way, you can get chicken littles at KFC in Kentucky. oooh weee, son.

Now, here is what I miss:

f_PbMAX005m_ef5cdff.jpg

Oh myyyy God!

Oozer3993

Ruggles Curveball ice cream.

Swiss chocolate ice cream, with fudge and marshmallow swirls and brownie chunks. It was the best ice cream I've ever had, bar none.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's one that doesn't rely on nostalgia
2nsrgvd.jpg

Stupid Burger King assholes.

Afrocentric-Asian said:
I never see these around :((
I remember those. And I remember middle school self and friends making a million masturbation jokes about them.

zoner said:
Here's one that doesn't rely on nostalgia
2nsrgvd.jpg

Stupid Burger King assholes.

I remember those. And I remember middle school self and friends making a million masturbation jokes about them.

hell yeah italian chicken

sometimes BK still has them at times

matt360

vas_a_morir said:
PB Crisps, omg... I loved those!!!! And tangerine Altoids!

By the way, you can get chicken littles at KFC in Kentucky. oooh weee, son.

Now, here is what I miss:

f_PbMAX005m_ef5cdff.jpg

Oh myyyy God!

You beat me to it. THIS!! These things were sooo rich and sweet. I could eat one for breakfast and be full all day.

Also, you're gonna make me cry with the Ecto Cooler, Squeezit, and PB Crisp pictures. Thank God we still have Crispy M&Ms here in Japan. I also loved Sprite Tropical Remix. Infinitely better than all of those Mountain Dew variants they've been coming out with other the past several years. Although, Baja Blast is pretty good.

A couple of years ago Pillsbury had some variation on their frozen dinner rolls, except instead of putting them in the oven for 10-15 minutes, you could just microwave them for some ridiculously short amount of time. Tasted excellent and were extremely convenient, which means they were probably unhealthy as hell. They disappeared, at least from the freezer sections around here.

Pepsi Blue too. It wasn't something I liked to pound down can after can of, but sip from a bottle of every now and then, and it lasted forever in the fridge.

Sadly, the World of Warcaraft Mountain Dew wasn't the same thing, despite some people saying it was. But it still wasn't terrible, and something about the colors of the packaging and drink was pure eye candy to me.

World-of-Warcraft-Mountain-Dew-.jpg

I still have the empty bottle. I wish I could've kept one with the drink in it without it getting nasty.

Mudkips

Banned
Fetts_Jets said:
xf3yz.jpg

Probably taste worse than I remember.

This cereal was so fucking good.
I knew it was terrible for me, and I was way too old to be eating it, but it was absolutely delicious.

Forkball

zoner said:
People tell me that DUnkaroos still exist, but I've never seen them.

So Dunkaroos.
Also
1zwndps.jpg

2gxo5dt.jpg
You are the king.

Also:
tumblr_l8wkg51Yfr1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg

I never drink soda anymore, but when I was a kid I loved these. I'd probably have just one for old time's sake.

Forkball said:
You are the king.

Also:
tumblr_l8wkg51Yfr1qb3mmfo1_400.jpg

I never drink soda anymore, but when I was a kid I loved these. I'd probably have just one for old time's sake.

Yeah, I new I was forgetting one in my list. I loved this stuff!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What the fuck guys, they still make Quik (Nesquik) and Crispy M&M's. I could go across the road to buy both right now.

painey

I couldn't find these in England for 10+ years.. they were my favourite..
zap.jpg

Zap ice cream bars. Look like hell, taste like heaven.

VOOK said:
What the fuck guys, they still make Quik (Nesquik) and Crispy M&M's. I could go across the road to buy both right now.
I'm assuming it was the flavor of the Nesquik. And as you probably missed, the latter was available in Europe, Australia, and Southeast Asia, so you must be in one of those territories.

G-Fex

That's funny

The KFC that's kinda nearby has Chicken Littles still on the menu

And the nearby Burger King still serves Rodeo Cheeseburgers.

and yes OOPS all Berries are back on store shelves.

mcrae said:
the powder? is it really better than the syrup/sauce?

I'm specifically referring to the Cookies and Cream flavor, which was my favorite flavored Milk flavor. Not sure if they ever did or still are making a Cookies and Cream syrup.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
A bunch of this stuff, like Vanilla Coke, Cheez Balls, Altoids, Chicken Buscuits, Push Pops, and others can still be bought. You can make a BK rodeo burger by asking for onion rings and bbq sauce. They always do it (i'm told, i dont eat fast food anymore, but know a few pals who still get rodeo burgers this way).

Turtle pies, Crispy M&M's, Doritos 3D's, Surge, Pepsi Blue and Hidden Treasures hit my nostalgia nerve. I love all those things.

my contribution:

crunchabunga.jpg

Loved 'em to death as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom