• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

NG+ tip: before finishing your NG run try to invest in Rune Crafting. Right before ending the game sacrifice EVERY bonecharm (even your black and cursed ones) to get as much raw whalebone as possible. Use that to craft as many runes as you can. Bonecharms don't carry over (just the available effects of sacrificed charms) so they don't do you any good anyway. This'll give you access to more runes at the start of your NG+ run.

Just wanna say that Vincent D'Onofrio did a great job as Duke Luca Abele.

Hell, the speech he makes where
he's forced by Stilton to reward miners for their work
gave me a few laughs

Yep, easily the best performance in the game.

Just finished my first playthrough. 21 hours, no kill, emily play and it was AWESOME.

gave me a few laughs

This too.

NG++ here I come

5BmDISE.jpg

I don't get it. Why would you collect them but not use them?

I did use them. This is at the start of NG++. When you start NG+ the game just gives you access to all the runes that you gained in the previous playthrough unassigned so you can re-spec however you want. (And they continue to carry over through each progressive playthrough.)

gave me a few laughs

I was wondering why the duke was delivering his lines like Kingpin. Kingpin and the Duke are such poorly written characters to me, but he manages to make them work. "That's not dust, that is the blood of our enemies!"

brawly

Took me a while to realize that in chapter 7 you can basically just warp constantly on high chaos. Back go past, kill one guy, back to present, walk behind another one, go to past and so on.

Kinda brakes the level.

Sounds like StealthGamerBR has mostly given up on the game after having too many technical issues with the game. Too bad, but I have seen a lot of other great montages from less well known people popping up.

This one is good and so is this one.

Why can I not be even half as creative as these people. =\

Took me a while to realize that in chapter 7 you can basically just warp constantly on high chaos. Back go past, kill one guy, back to present, walk behind another one, go to past and so on.

Kinda brakes the level.

Eh, I don't think it breaks the level at all. I think they totally intended for you to be able to do that (just like Titanfall 2). I also think that's why they took your powers away for that mission.

I'm considering restarting this NG++ run and loading up cheat engine to give me unlimited money and raw whalebone...I feel like I'm just spending most of my time scavenging for money so I can purchase my upgrades rather than actually feeling like a real NG+ experience.

brawly

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. Was kinda short (~7 hours) but a lot of fun. I'll definitely replay it, this time as Corvo. Might replay the first one before that.

Kind of a weird (ending spoiler)
choice in the end. Why the hell wouldn't I save Corvo? Come on.

I did use them. This is at the start of NG++. When you start NG+ the game just gives you access to all the runes that you gained in the previous playthrough unassigned so you can re-spec however you want. (And they continue to carry over through each progressive playthrough.)

FUCKING YES

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. Was kinda short (~7 hours) but a lot of fun. I'll definitely replay it, this time as Corvo. Might replay the first one before that.

Kind of a weird (ending spoiler)
choice in the end. Why the hell wouldn't I save Corvo? Come on.

That ending choice makes a lot more sense if you play as Corvo.
Corvo's entire motivation throughout the game is protecting Emily. By keeping her as a statue and claiming the throne for himself he is "protecting" her forever...pretty dark shit. (That choice is only available on high chaos, of course.)

...you played through this entire game in 7 hours?

wtf

If you go full chaos non-stealth you can beat it pretty quick...7 hours still seems really short to me, but I guess everybody plays differently. My first playthrough was about 35 hours.

brawly

...you played through this entire game in 7 hours?

wtf

I already deleted it so I can't make a screenshot, but yeah. I mean there's only
chapters and I beat (almost?) all of them in under an hour.

Obviously didn't get every rune and didn't see all of it, but I did have to reload lots of times.

Interview about sound design:
http://www.asoundeffect.com/dishonored-2-sound/

An interesting quote:
When walking up the stairs, the player character pushes more on the tip of their feet, climbing 4 steps by 4 steps, and you get to hear more of the gear and clothing. When walking down, they put more weight on the heels, and take every step.

Its interesting. Because when I was playing Emily, I could hear more of her footsteps including her gear and clothing when going up the stairs and on.

On the one hand, the more I play this the more I miss a lot of the aspects of the original. A better story (IMO), better handling of the morality system, tallboys, Overseer music boxes, Hound Pits Pub, etc. But on the other hand the new powers in this game are so much fun it'd be really hard to go back to not having them in the original.

Just started the game - got to Karnaca, visited the shop, and the stats page is showing 1 kill now??

How?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Welcome to Dishonored 2.

If you're playing on a console, I think the patch coming tomorrow is supposed to fix some of the accidental deaths and errors on the stats page. If you're on PC, then, shit, guess the patches didn't fix that.

Sickbean

¯_(ツ)_/¯ Welcome to Dishonored 2.

If you're playing on a console, I think the patch coming tomorrow is supposed to fix some of the accidental deaths and errors on the stats page. If you're on PC, then, shit, guess the patches didn't fix that.

PC, but not the beta patch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How on earth are you supposed to do a no kill run then?

Oh, you can burn/shoot the nests that are in the level by default. You just need to be mindful that there are no bloodflies around when leaving a body behind.

Sickbean

Oh, you can burn/shoot the nests that are in the level by default. You just need to be mindful that there are no bloodflies around when leaving a body behind.

So in that very first abandoned building that you go through to get past the wall of light, I can kill all the flies and nests in there??

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So in that very first abandoned building that you go through to get past the wall of light, I can kill all the flies and nests in there??

Yeah. Cleansing areas of nests is actually encouraged as some of them drop blood amber, which is worth 25 coins a piece and included in the total for the level. I think the body -> nest transformation is merely lore rather than something that happens in-game, but regardless bloodflies will kill any unconscious people they happen upon.

Sickbean

Yeah. Cleansing areas of nests is actually encouraged as some of them drop blood amber, which is worth 25 coins a piece. I think the body -> nest transformation is merely lore rather than something that happens in-game, but regardless bloodflies will kill any unconscious people they happen upon.

Okay, might have to just save a lot more often and keep an eye on the stats.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, might have to just save a lot more often and keep an eye on the stats.

Bloodfly nests are usually in closed-off areas [you know, because of the Bloodfly nests]. So in general you don't have to worry about killing someone if you're burning a nest.

However, in a few locations there are Nest Keepers walking around, and if they die it'll count as a kill. You'll notice it soon enough though, the chance of you accidentally killing a Keeper without even realising it are very slim.

Paolo aside, I'm fairly certain rats are a non-issue if you're low chaos.

In my low-chaos run, I'm not certain, but it seemed like rats ate a guy I knocked out with a sleep dart. I knocked out a few guys at once, and when I went to grab one guy's body, his sword was there but he wasn't, and there had been a group of rats nearby.

I didn't know it could happen until it did.

Ghazi

I'm in the CW Mansion and I made it to the
lab
, but randomly Jindosh will "spot" me and remark about it over the intercom. Seems broken.

Just don't leave unconscious bodies anywhere near bloodflies. It's not usually an issue on low chaos.

I'm in the CW Mansion and I made it to the
lab
, but randomly Jindosh will "spot" me and remark about it over the intercom. Seems broken.

The floor tells him where you are in his house. It doesn't count as being spotted until Jindosh actually sees you though.

Ghazi

The floor tells him where you are in his house. It doesn't count as being spotted until Jindosh actually sees you though.

Turns out, for a true stealth playthrough, you can't even activate the first lever in the mansion. Which means I have tor revert to a previous save two hours ago because Arkane thought it would be a good idea to remove the mission saves from the first game in this title.

GG. I'm just going to wait until the PC version gets fixed.

Mesmerize is a great ability that I don't see talked about much. It's very useful for stealth of course, but it can also be very handy in non-stealth. You can drop it down if you're getting overwhelmed by enemies, and you'll immediately get up to 4 people off your back. It's also really great for setting up combos with Domino or whatever.

The dialogue people have while mesmerized is also great. I recommend mesmerizing the assassination targets, as there's always something interesting or funny about what they say.

Why does this games 30 FPS feel not smooth in the slightest?

Playing on a Pro and it's really turning me off from the game. Just the general aiming is ass too.

Chitown B

I thought NG+ wasn't until monday.....? how do you have it already?

Top Bottom