• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

RedCrake

Does this mean all first run copies currently on the shelf will have the code? I didn't preorder so I'm assuming I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up?

I went to Gamestop's website this morning and selected "Pick Up at Store". Got the email confirmation and I just picked it up as if it was a pre-order.

thenexus6

Anyone preorder the edition with the free t-shirt? I was going to but decided to just go standard. Wondering what the shirt was like.

Grisby

I'm so glad that I can do aerial takedowns now non-lethally, cause they're so satisfying!

dishonored_2_death_from_above_non_lethal_by_digi_matrix-dajre87.gif
That's cool that the power works for non-lethal stuff.
Ya althought its questionable, how im not killing these people
Batman Arkham Asylum syndrome baby. Anything's possible in the realm of broken bones and concussions.
On chapter 5, I'm going to go out on the whim here and say this is vastly superior to the original in every way.
Sweet.
Cool, thank you.
No worries bud.
Does this mean all first run copies currently on the shelf will have the code? I didn't preorder so I'm assuming I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up?
Yeah, I think they're just selling the deluxe edition or whatever for a while. First run stuff I suppose. I didn't ask to be upgraded to it or anything.

Just got my Best Buy limited edition in the mail and I learned that I'll be home alone all weekend. This couldn't have worked out better!

MattyG

Banned
So what's the recommendation for this; skip Brigmore Witches and just right into 2 (I have it installing) or blaze through BW tonight and start 2 when I finish?

CHC

So what's the recommendation for this; skip Brigmore Witches and just right into 2 (I have it installing) or blaze through BW tonight and start 2 when I finish?

The first game's DLC is absolutely excellent, so if you like the general Dishonored formula, there is absolutely no reason to skip it. If you're on PC, Dishonored 2 has some slight tech issues also - it's playable but it could be much more pleasant with a patch or two - so really no need to rush into it at this stage.

Karak

Disappointed about the supposed performance issues, Dishonored 1 was only 30fps on consoles but it was rock steady

Was it? I can't remember exactly. But ya this one. Assuredly not lol. I like Dishonored 2's looks more but Dishonored 1 presented the world better.

I'm missing the VA for the Outsider in the first game. This one just isn't cutting it for me.

I thought Penguin did a good job

My collector's edition just arrived. Mask is really nice and it's going to look good as a companion to the Death mask I got with Darksiders 2. Ring is pretty high quality too, and I like the double-sided poster. Worth the extra $10 ( got $20 off it thanks to Amazon.).

Have to go back to work now, but I'm super excited to dive into this when I'm off later!

My collector's edition just arrived. Mask is really nice and it's going to look good as a companion to the Death mask I got with Darksiders 2. Ring is pretty high quality too, and I like the double-sided poster. Worth the extra $10 ( got $20 off it thanks to Amazon.).

Have to go back to work now, but I'm super excited to dive into this when I'm off later!

Awesome, I was hoping it would be good. But preparing for the worse because it didn't cost much.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
I preordered from Amazon, did anyone get the Dishonored Definitive Edition code yet? I was assuming they'd email it because that's usually how it goes, but I haven't received that yet. Is the code packed in with 2, then? I was hoping they'd email it so that I could start a replay of 1 while I wait for my package with 2 to arrive, but at this point I guess that's not how it's going to work.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked the store page and it says the code is packed in with the game. Oh well, no big deal.

Awesome, I was hoping it would be good. But preparing for the worse because it didn't cost much.

I think it's worth it as trinkets. Not a huge fan of the stand that comes with the mask but it serves its function. Also I like the steelbook case for its simplicity.

I preordered from Amazon, did anyone get the Dishonored Definitive Edition code yet? I was assuming they'd email it because that's usually how it goes, but I haven't received that yet. Is the code packed in with 2, then? I was hoping they'd email it so that I could start a replay of 1 while I wait for my package with 2 to arrive, but at this point I guess that's not how it's going to work.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked the store page and it says the code is packed in with the game. Oh well, no big deal.

Yeah - just confirming it comes with the game, it's tucked in the steelbook with the other DLC codes.

CHC

Which HUD options turns off the mission clues notification?

If you're talking about the pop-ups in the upper right corner, I believe it's "Objective Notifications."

If you mean the smaller text that appears below the crosshair, that tells you things like "there is a bone charm nearby," that's "Information Message."

Just started the first real mission. Damn, there is so much cool shit to explore. I'm really going to take my time with this one, just like the first game.

I'm going to have so many playthroughs...

1st Emily Low Chaos. Only Kill key targets

2nd Corvo Low Chaos. Killing enemies that the dark heart tell me are bad and key targets.

3rd High Chaos.

Final will be a ghost no powers playthrough.

Yep....It's going to be awhile.

I'm missing the VA for the Outsider in the first game. This one just isn't cutting it for me.

I agree. Billy Lush was hired to VO the first reveal trailer then never got a callback. The Penguin from Gotham just isn't cutting it. It's not bad. Just not as good.

Well...I thought I would just skip the first one and jump into this. Not happening. The first game is truly great. It's finally beginning to click and is quite excellent.

Question for those playing the game:

Are the interiors of buildings separated from the outside with a loading screen like in the first game?

CHC

Question for those playing the game:

Are the interiors of buildings separated from the outside with a loading screen like in the first game?

That really was not the case for the majority of buildings in Dishonored 1, unless they were very large buildings that were, in essence, new levels. There are similar divisions here between areas, but from what I've seen the actual locales seem to be bigger and more detailed than in the first game.

The very first area begins in a moderately sized building interior, then you go through a door with an explicit option to "go to the next area," which is itself a large street and dock area without any more subdivisions.

That really was not the case for the majority of buildings in Dishonored 1, unless they were very large buildings that were, in essence, new levels. There are similar divisions here between areas, but from what I've seen the actual locales seem to be bigger and more detailed than in the first game.

Cool, thanks. It's been a looong time since I've played the first game, so I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.

CHC

Cool, thanks. It's been a looong time since I've played the first game, so I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.

It seems to be kinda the same thing here, just scaled up a little bit. If I remember correctly from the first game, levels like Lady Boyle's Party were broken up by loading screens, but minimally. So the streets around the house were one "level" and you could freely enter a lot of apartments and smaller structures there, then the actual mansion was a second "level" which you loaded into by interacting with any one of several entrances.

Dantero

Anyone else's framerate going to absolute shit during the load screens?
Game in general runs well as long as I don't have AA maxed but the loading screens are awful. Kind of bizarre.

Vinter

Played for a couple of hours and it feels very much like the first one. Took a little while to get used to the mechanics again but it seems solid so far. Haven't experienced any performance issues yet (ps4 pro), but its early still. The only real gripe I have with the game so far is the voice acting. For some reason it sounds really off putting for me.

Tovarisc

In Clockwork Mansion mission has someone gotten
anything out of Paolo? If try interact with him I get forced into combat.

One thing I can say for sure while I played this, non-lethal drop attacks are pretty badass.

Can't wait to use them with Domino

black070

Oh man, I wasn't even aware there was a limited edition available for the same price ! I pretty much passed up a free copy of Dishonored :(

Are you sure you weren't thinking of the Thief reboot? That had load screens any time you went out a window into the street.

I haven't played the Thief reboot, so no. I think I'm just forgetting the smaller buildings in Dishonored and am only remembering the larger ones that had loading screens.

Not a big deal anyway. This game looks so great. Picking it my copy in a few hours.

Going from xbox one to pro version I could really tell just how blurry the xbox version is.
This is useful, but also useful: you couldn't tell it was blurry beforehand.

I'm playing Xbox, and performance is mostly v good, there's little to no tearing, and yes, it's a bit blurry in the distance, but nothing horrifying at all.

Top Bottom