• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's D23 Expo 2017 GAF

WillyFive

I enjoyed the Great Movie Ride a lot, but you could tell it was super dated with all the Turner Classic Movie branding. That was probably a big hindrance in attracting visitors.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
9ZK4qZD_d.jpg

A lot of people who are Silver Level AP members at WDW are going to be pissed because both Ellen and The Great Movie Ride's last day of operation is blacked out at the moment.

Zackat

A lot of people who are Silver Level AP members at WDW are going to be pissed because both Ellen and The Great Movie Ride's last day of operation is blacked out at the moment.

damn that sucks. hope they change it

Star Wars Resort also coming to Disney World it looks like

I hope they decide to replace Autopia with Tron in Anaheim as well, but I think Autopia just got a facelift last year.

EDIT: So it's not replacing Tomorrowland Speedway? Okay.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So how long until Disney Resorts and Ticket Prices rise above what the average middle-class family can afford, assuming they haven't already?

This Epcot shit has really soured my weekend. The continous Disney IP creep is the worst.

So how long until Disney Resorts and Ticket Prices rise above what the average middle-class family can afford, assuming they haven't already?

This Epcot shit has really soured my weekend. The continous Disney IP creep is the worst.

Figment is still alive, for now. Plus, the potential for Guardians to honor some of the fallen rides is there.

I mean, this is what the public wants. Money and numbers talk, sad as it can be.

rhino4evr

They already have. The cost to go has gotten out of control. Especially if you stay on site. Which is almost required for fast pass access.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
They already have. The cost to go has gotten out of control. Especially if you stay on site. Which is almost required for fast pass access.

At the rate they're going I probably won't be able to afford to go by 2025.

It'll eventually be a park only for the upper class citizens of the country.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Some really exciting stuff, and a few things I'm mixed about.

Now how do I book a week in the Star Wars Resort? (although rumors are it's like a 2 night story experience or something)

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's weird how Nightmare Before Christmas is probably one of the biggest Disney franchises to have little to no representation at DisneyParks. There's the Haunted Mansion, but c'mon.

Zackat

the new gondola system at WDW could be amazing.

Also an Uber-like service with "Minnie" vans to get people around. Hope we get some more details on that soon.

golem

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...enture-park/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4D23DPBSupport26B

Moments ago at D23 Expo, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, gave a hint at what’s to come next for some of your favorite Super Heroes at Disney California Adventure park. Soon, the Guardians of the Galaxy will be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers in what will become a completely immersive Super Hero universe at the park.

These new stories will build on the success of the new and already popular Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT! and create a place where you can team up with your favorite Super Heroes like never before. We don’t have more details to share just yet, but keep an eye on Disney Parks Blog as we reveal more about this one-of-a-kind experience.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So to recap for DisneyWorld Orlando:

2018: Toy Story Mania
2019: Star Wars - Galaxy's Edge
2020: ???
2021: TRON Lightcycle Power Run
TBA - Ratatouille/GOTG at Epcot

aeolustl

Marvel + Pixar to take over the whole DCA?
I guess I don't mind. Many of the attractions in DCA are already Pixar themed.
But please don't take away Soarin', CA Screamin' and the Fun Wheel. I'll miss those.

Hope they change World of Color too. My mother hates it the last time we went there lol.

nickgia

Does anyone actually care about Ellen though?

I remember when i was like 5 or 6 and made my family go on it because there were dinosaurs in the attraction.

Man was that a disappointment. We never went there again and we go to Disney World almost every year.

I enjoyed the Great Movie Ride a lot, but you could tell it was super dated with all the Turner Classic Movie branding. That was probably a big hindrance in attracting visitors.

Which is funny considering the TCM sponsorship is relatively recent.

I'm torn about Epcot, but a part of me has known for a while that EPCOT Center's been dead for a long time.

Still, I shudder to think what might happen to Spaceship Earth with this new "timeless" BS.

Marvel and Pixar taking over DCA is perfect. Keep the buena vista Street how it is and we're good. Glad to see Disney putting more into all the parks.

golem

Marvel and Pixar taking over DCA is perfect. Keep the buena vista Street how it is and we're good. Glad to see Disney putting more into all the parks.

Disappointed by lack of Disneyland news though. Still patiently waiting for Autopia and Nemo to get blown the fuck up

gsrjedi

I'm thinking of going to Galaxy's Edge for opening day, but I know it's going to be absolutely insane.

I'm excited for everything they announced. Sad to see Great Movie Ride go, but a Mickey ride should be cool. Star Wars resort should be dope as hell. I figured they would be going big for the 50th, but they really are going big.

Linkura

So basically everything strongly rumored was confirmed except for the Brazil pavilion, plus a couple other, smaller announcements. It is what it is.

Went on GMR one last time in March because of the rumors. Glad I did. I wish they just completely overhauled the ride instead of getting rid of the movie theme completely, but that would probably cost too much money for Disney.

Top Bottom