• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

Glas

DDYF_1RUwAEm1A6.jpg

DDYF_1TVoAA2tXU.jpg

DDYF_1DVYAA-8bp.jpg

DDYF_1GVYAAcdRD.jpg

Pre-order bonuses

Standard Edition
- In-Game Classic UI Skin
- PS4 Custom Themes

Limited Edition
- In-Game Classic UI Skin
- PS4 Custom Themes
- DJMAX RESPECT Cushion

also comes with

- DJMAX RESPECT
- Signature Badge (6 w/ case)
- Artbook
- OST CD x 2 including remixes and system music
- DJMAX Portable 1 & 2 Alternate Game Cover

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Always wanted to try this game

I hope the music is not all wub wub wubby wub

BTA

So apparently there's basically no plan for a Western release, nor an easy way to import it, unless I'm missing something? That sucks; I wasn't planning to buy it right away but I was still looking forward to it.

cj_iwakura

So if I import this I am pretty screwed on the dlc I see pop up in this thread right?

Nope, you'll just need to use a region-specific account to buy it.

Lack of localization is unfortunate, but not that surprising, the DJM community is used to it.

Skittles

So apparently there's basically no plan for a Western release, nor an easy way to import it, unless I'm missing something? That sucks; I wasn't planning to buy it right away but I was still looking forward to it.
Need some big sites to pick that up to raise awareness so the devs know foreigners want it. Either that or ask someone like NISA or Xseed to pick it up.
So if I import this I am pretty screwed on the dlc I see pop up in this thread right?
Buy the asia version for DLC, unless you have a friend in korea who lets you use their social security number

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, not even a digital-only release?

AND I'm gonna have to get a specific version if I import due to Korean PSN requiring a social security #? Geez, I already have a Japanese PSN account, guess I'll have to make another one to get the DLC....

TheChaos

There shouldn't be any problems with playing the game of it's a Physical Disc, right? Other than no DLC/updates?

*Sigh* Reminds me of the Beatmania IIDX days where I had to import to play anything (we don't talk about the shitty US version).

cj_iwakura

There shouldn't be any problems with playing the game of it's a Physical Disc, right? Other than no DLC/updates?

*Sigh* Reminds me of the Beatmania IIDX days where I had to import to play anything (we don't talk about the shitty US version).
Nostalgic, isn't it?

No problems playing the physical disc, no, and you'll still get title updates. Just no DLC if you can't use a PSN account of the same region as the game to purchase it.

It is. It also makes me salty that Konami will never release their own equivalent version on the PS4 as I prefer it to DJMax.

Arguably, that's the hole IIDX Infinitas and Sound Voltex Gravity Wars is supposed to fill.

Skittles

Yeap.

It'll come here eventually. Would be low investment from a publisher considering most of the work for an English version is done

So there's a difference between the Asian and Korean version of the game which are listed on Play-asia?

What PSN account do I need for DLC's with the Asian version? A Japanese one?

Roubjon

Ok, so it's definitely coming over, they are just in the process of getting the date set up. I'm gonna be so jealous for too long though.

Glas

DD3ApECVwAADdBf.jpg

DD3ApEBUIAEHewG.jpg

DD3AsIRVoAAHrFx.jpg

For korean pre-orders only through Playstation Partners, play-asia CS is so silly they can't give a proper answer on this as they haven't confirmed the cushion, skin codes and reversible cover for LE, im still asking

Also

PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW LIVE

Verus

This is bringing back memories how terrible was Neowiz themselves having killed DJMAX with absolutely no marketing or way to spread the news besides word of mouth all over again and looks to be heading towards the same conclusion again because they don't know how to handle the demand.

Terrible communication on having a "worldwide" release, the hype is dialing down for me so now I am going to wait till release to find out exactly what the hell is going on.

Edit:

No Western release at all. Neowiz is out of touch and has not learned from their mistakes.

For those that really want it may want to just import.

Verus

What the fuck?

Always been that way for fans who want to play DJMAX legit. Were you not around the PSP era? Nothing but imports unless you waited years for PM Studios to release a smaller/censored version of the game(which only 2 of 6 DJMAX games ever came over here)? Not counting Technika and the mobile games because I never tried those.

I remember Neowiz shouting DJMAX Trilogy is getting a worldwide release. That sure went well.

Koppai

Always been that way for fans who want to play DJMAX legit. Were you not around the PSP era? Nothing but imports unless you waited years for PM Studios to release a smaller/censored version of the game(which only 2 of 6 DJMAX games ever came over here)? Not counting Technika and the mobile games because I never tried those.

I remember Neowiz shouting DJMAX Trilogy is getting a worldwide release. That sure went well.

Oh no the only thing I knew was when they played the opening song on G4 on the Cinema show thing lol. I have Technika Tune for Vita though. So you are saying go ahead and import it and just forget about a western release?

I picked up Superbeat Xonic for PS4 recently.

Verus

Oh no the only thing I knew was when they played the opening song on G4 on the Cinema show thing lol. I have Technika Tune for Vita though. So you are saying go ahead and import it and just forget about a western release?

Technika is very different from the traditional games DJMAX has been known for. Have you played other rhythm games similar to it? I would not recommend importing since they can be expensive unless you know you will like it. If you liked XONiC then you will love this.

I accidentally bumped into the series over 10 years ago through piracy with the PSP. Got bored, tried out Portable 1 and loved it so much I bought it and all it's future releases. Let's just say it got worse with each new entry when they tried to mess with the mechanics too much.

Reason this one has me and everyone else all excited is it's keeping it closer to what Portable 1 & 2 had going.

Edit: If it ever gets an official western release, I recommend supporting it. Our money does tell them there are still players interested in the franchise outside of Asia. In the mean time if you have the itch or can't wait then it's okay to import. Just don't forget about actually supporting a release if we ever get one.

Koppai

Technika is very different from the traditional games DJMAX has been known for. Have you played other rhythm games similar to it? I would not recommend importing since they can be expensive unless you know you will like it. If you liked XONiC then you will love this.

I accidentally bumped into the series over 10 years ago through piracy with the PSP. Got bored, tried out Portable 1 and loved it so much I bought it and all it's future releases. Let's just say it got worse with each new entry when they tried to mess with the mechanics too much.

Reason this one has me and everyone else all excited is it's keeping it closer to what Portable 1 & 2 had going.

Edit: If it ever gets an official western release, I recommend supporting it. Our money does tell them there are still players interested in the franchise outside of Asia. In the mean time if you have the itch or can't wait then it's okay to import. Just don't forget about actually supporting a release if we ever get one.
I actually really love rhythm games, even if I am not very good at them HAHAHA. I think I will just order it, it's not terribly expensive to import it.

cj_iwakura

DJ MAX is arguably the most import friendly series ever. DJMP1 was so globally successful that DJMP2 added an English option, which was pretty unprecedented.

Top Bottom